• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Resistance Scaling Issues; X's Superior to Y & Gets Z Hax Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really get the problem here. Is this an actual problem? This just seems like common sense.

A note wouldn't hurt to be honest. Most of the time these beings hold an existential superiority over beings in their setting as opposed to any actual resistance to those abilities.

Is somebody here willing to write a draft for a note text?

"Scaling resistances to abilities between different characters should be avoided when based on assumptions of how strong the characters are in relation to each other and how their level of strength or power or other statistics is related to the resistance. The reason behind how a character is able to resist an ability is important for proving whether other characters possess that same resistance.

Ideally supporting evidence should be used to prove that a resistance feat demonstrated by one character can be reasonably applied to other characters, instead of assuming that the resistance or the same level of resistance should be applied automatically.

For example, Monkey D. Luffy has a Resistance to Blunt Force Trauma only because of his Devil Fruit ability as it is an inherent property of the Gum-Gum fruit's ability. If another character uses the Gum-Gum fruit then they will also possess a Resistance to Blunt Force Trauma."

Something like this? Maybe a different example could be used, or more examples such as invalid example.

Last edited:
I think that it seems good, but other staff members should feel free to improve it further. Thank you for helping out.

I'm sorry if this is already addressed but maybe we can also take to account how frequent these hax resistances occurred to determine if it future characters should have it by default due to scaling? Such as any Haki user having resistance to whatever ability Conqueror's Haki falls under considering even the ones with out this type of Haki don't seem affected by it or at least from what I remembered....

I'm sorry if this is already addressed but maybe we can also take to account how frequent these hax resistances occurred to determine if it future characters should have it by default due to scaling? Such as any Haki user having resistance to whatever ability Conqueror's Haki falls under considering even the ones with out this type of Haki don't seem affected by it or at least from what I remembered....
Armament Haki* and every haki user with even a basic level of Armament Haki fall under it.

So what do the rest of you think about Damage's suggestion? Do you wish to make any improvements to it?

Okay. Thanks for the replies.

Would you be willing to add the note to the Resistance page Damage?

Thank you. Should we close this thread now, or is there anything left to do here?

I suppose, but this would need input from our community as well, so it would be inappropriate to make the thread staff only.

I am not sure if it should be placed in the staff or wiki management forum.

If you want an example for Resistances that should probably be removed, the Demon Slayers from Kimetsu no Yaiba have this:

Possibly Resistance to Acid Manipulation (The much weaker Murata was seemingly unharmed after spending time in acid that dissolved his clothes, and Shinobu was not worried about his ability to survive)

Example profile here and here.

There isn't any reason for this resistance to be shared among all of the profiles.

A note wouldn't hurt to be honest. Most of the time these beings hold an existential superiority over beings in their setting as opposed to any actual resistance to those abilities.
I am not a staff but i want to say something about this, i understand and agree that a 6D who is seen as the omnipotent god in a verse everyone else is 5D shouldn't get any resistance, but if there are other 6Ds and they are unable to kill each others OR a single one of the many 6Ds is seen as unkillable shouldn't they get the resistances to all the hax? Or at least a "possibly resistance"?

Last edited:
I am not a staff but i want to say something about this, i understand and agree that a 6D who is seen as the omnipotent god in a verse everyone else is 5D shouldn't get any resistance, but if there are other 6Ds and they are unable to kill each others OR a single one of the many 6Ds is seen as unkilleable shouldn't they get the resistances to all the hax? Or at least a "possibly resistance"?
ಠ_ಠ
No. Being undefeatable isn't enough, unless we know why they are undefeatable.

Does having any statements about none of the characters abilities are able to work on the target count?

Does having any statements about none of the characters abilities are able to work on the target count?
There could also be stuff like regeneration, immortality and powernull involved instead. If not for that, it does sound plausible, in my opinion.

Also one other question, what about video games characters who have flat out in game resistances to specific status effects, shouldn’t that count for the characters?

In general, in rpg games have characteristics, so scaling its easier since the "resistance level" has a numerical value.

There could also be stuff like regeneration, immortality and powernull involved instead. If not for that, it does sound plausible, in my opinion.
No. Being undefeatable isn't enough, unless we know why they are undefeatable.
What about cases where we know it's not because any of these 3 and even then the 6D(s) are said to be unkillable by other 6Ds? I used "kill" before, but i think "defeat" is an even more extreme case, i think we all know defeating someone can be done by at least 2 other methods (incap and BFR) so if a 6D with a lot of hax says nothing they do can kill or at least defeat another 6D (and we know it's not because of immortality, regen, NEP, etc) then it shouldn't be wrong to say they resist each others powers.

Also, any opinions about Yung's post about giving resistances to characters able to fight characters with passives (passive death hax in his example)?

What about cases where we know it's not because any of these 3 and even then the 6D(s) are said to be unkillable by other 6Ds? I used "kill" before, but i think "defeat" is an even more extreme case, i think we all know defeating someone can be done by at least 2 other methods (incap and BFR) so if a 6D with a lot of hax says nothing they do can kill or at least defeat another 6D (and we know it's not because of immortality, regen, NEP, etc) then it shouldn't be wrong to say they resist each others powers.

Why do I get the feeling that this is an ultra-specific case that already exists on the wiki?

Also, it is possible to give "Possible/Likely" abilities, meaning that in such a case as this it may be possible for them to be resistant to these unnamed hax abilities. But such a thing would need good foundation for it.

Why do I get the feeling that this is an ultra-specific case that already exists on the wiki?

Also, it is possible to give "Possible/Likely" abilities, meaning that in such a case as this it may be possible for them to be resistant to these unnamed hax abilities. But such a thing would need good foundation for it.
Well, it may be, but i genuinely think we shouldn't stop adding resistances to higher D beings just because normally there is more to them than what hax is normally able to kill (acausality, NEP, regen, etc), at least in cases where they don't have any of that obviously.

Probably only check profiles that are affected by this new standard.
If needed, I could make a continuation thread in the staff forum to do this if it’s needed.
I suppose, but this would need input from our community as well, so it would be inappropriate to make the thread staff only.

I am not sure if it should be placed in the staff or wiki management forum.
Wiki management has usually been used for this kind of revisions from what I've seen.
Okay. That is probably fine then.
So about this...

It's also related to Aleister and others (in and out of toaru), but hey, Damage said he thinks a "possible resistance" would be fine, idk why we shouldn't do it now that it seems the rules allow it.
I'm more in agreement with DontTalkDT in this than I am in allowing a "possibly resistance" here.

Don't try and twist my words into making an agreement for upgrading some characters.

What about creatures who can naturally take in certain substances without succumbing to the effects of said substance, like someone being able to absorb radiation without being affected by the side effects of radiation. That allows for resistance right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back