• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

leaving a number and explanation for multiple layered resistance/hax

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember that many verses such as bleach, and naruto have layered hax/resistance.

so i was wondering

i think we should make a number behind each hax or resistance that is layered. that way it will be easier for users to use characters that use multi layered hax in matches. (so they don't unknowingly make a stomp because this guys hax is 30 layers and that guys resistance is 20 layers)

basically it should look like this

resistance to soul manipulation (3 layers, (insert scaling/explanation as to why)

soul manipulation (3 layers, (insert scaling/explanation)

something like this.

some verses just have 2 layers of hax or resistance or just 1 layer.

so a note should be made that this revision will only apply to verses that have 3 or more layers of hax/resistance. (i was thinking that we should put the idea of layered hax/resistance into the resistance article and hax article) (if it's just one or two layers, a enhanced version of the power is that all needs to be put but if it's 3 or more then an explanation in parentheses should be given as to why)

if anyone has a better idea/example on how to do this then i'll change the OP.

but for now i was just wondering why hasn't anyone made a revision for this since it's a very obvious and helpful one.

Why not just leave the explanation in the respecting Energy Source page or in a dedicated explanation page for the scaling chains? Dragon Ball did it and that's an even bigger mess than one could expect.

Why not just leave the explanation in the respecting Energy Source page or in a dedicated explanation page for the scaling chains? Dragon Ball did it and that's an even bigger mess than one could expect.
true but then again some people don't bother i guess.

well anything to make it easier users to know the numbers

I believe this was something already implemented but it was just an optional thing. It should be somewhere on the standard character format page.

Pretty sure it was all agreed upon that layers and dimensionality of hax should be explained on the Explanation section of profile and its only advised not mandatory

Pretty sure it was all agreed upon that layers and dimensionality of hax should be explained on the Explanation section of profile and its only advised not mandatory

I think it should be mandatory but only for verses that have several layers since it would things difficult and confusing for users who are using characters from these verses but are not knowledgeable in them

It would help if it was mandatory.
If it was mandatory and only to specific verses notable for it I doubt it is something that easy to enforce because what would be the require actual standard to determine whether a verse is heavily layered etc?
The last thread
the staff who is opposed to the idea due to a lot of issues are

Sir Ovens - Mostly how this is a standardization nightmare and would cause bloating upon the profile if each hax needed to be indexed. furthermore, different verse mechanics makes layering varies differently from other verses thus 7 layers in another verse may not be 7 layers on another verse due to verse mechanics and verse abilities mechanics
DonttalkTD - Mostly concerned about the difficulty of handling these layers as well due to how many other variables are involved when comparing hax, resistances, and layers. There is also this that talks about Quality, Quantity, and verse mechanics of such

Most blue names opposition also brought up how evaluation and maintaining such a system would be and also believes layers function differently between verses and having a standard for this that all verses have to strictly adhere to a one shoe size fits all is not feasible (Impress and Antv Also agree with this notion)

There is also the case of Explanation page also explaining layers or dimensionality. if the layers are really that terribly big due to scaling etc then it should be preferred to have their own explanation page which should also have explanation as to why hax scaling like this can be treated as layers and such

If it was mandatory and only to specific verses notable for it I doubt it is something that easy to enforce because what would be the require actual standard to determine whether a verse is heavily layered etc?
The last thread
the staff who is opposed to the idea due to a lot of issues are

Sir Ovens - Mostly how this is a standardization nightmare and would cause bloating upon the profile if each hax needed to be indexed. furthermore, different verse mechanics makes layering varies differently from other verses thus 7 layers in another verse may not be 7 layers on another verse due to verse mechanics and verse abilities mechanics
DonttalkTD - Mostly concerned about the difficulty of handling these layers as well due to how many other variables are involved when comparing hax, resistances, and layers. There is also this that talks about Quality, Quantity, and verse mechanics of such

Most blue names opposition also brought up how evaluation and maintaining such a system would be and also believes layers function differently between verses and having a standard for this that all verses have to strictly adhere to a one shoe size fits all is not feasible (Impress and Antv Also agree with this notion)

There is also the case of Explanation page also explaining layers or dimensionality. if the layers are really that terribly big due to scaling etc then it should be preferred to have their own explanation page which should also have explanation as to why hax scaling like this can be treated as layers and such
what now then?

Why are you asking me?
you're the one proposing these changes.
I simply summarized the original talking points on why it was rejected so you can formulate or construct an idea that could answer those concerns while still implementing this standard
Well I do wish to take into account other people’s opinions and ideas on it before making a finalized/fixed version of my OP.

The thing is, some of the counters in the original thread like "do we now add calc values to profiles" are already being done

I don't do much of VS debating here but a significant portion of the threads starts with someone mentioning "14 layers hax: X>Y>S etc"

It can just be on the verse page as a blog with after a CRT approval with details about who scales to what layer. Not necessarily on individual profiles
For example:
Haki has Existence Erasure
Layer 1
Justification: It did abc against character y who resisted xyz
Characters who scale: Naruto, Goku, Zoro

And so on

Naruto verse has something like that with genjutsu

Last edited:
The thing is, some of the counters in the original thread like "do we now add calc values to profiles" are already being done

I don't do much of VS debating here but a significant portion of the threads starts with someone mentioning "14 layers hax: X>Y>S etc"

It can just be on the verse page as a blog with after a CRT approval with details about who scales to what layer. Not necessarily on individual profiles
For example:
Haki has Existence Erasure
Layer 1
Justification: It did abc against character y who resisted xyz
Characters who scale: Naruto, Goku, Zoro

And so on

Naruto verse has something like that with genjutsu
Is there anything that can be improved on then?

Okay. Can somebody summarise what is suggested here then, please?

Basically it's just a scaling chain recommendation for hax and resistance, something we already do as optional so far.

IDK honestly, what OP proposes is already something that is done and implemented on a regular basis as an optional thing (Since not all verses have that detailed of a chain to go off of so it's case-by-case most of the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back