• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax addition for for Natsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on Chapter 536, Natsu should have Soul Destruction Hax for damaging Zeref's soul and Time Hax negation

This is actually the second showing of Natsu's Time Hax negation. In END form he was able to stomp Dimaria very easily - and Zeref quite clearly states the soul burning effect.

RoyGundam said:
This is actually the second showing of Natsu's Time Hax negation. In END form he was able to stomp Dimaria very easily - and Zeref quite clearly states the soul burning effect.
THe fight with Dimaria was completely off screen so we have no idea how the fight went down. For all we know natsu's huge rise in power and demonic intimidation caught dimaria off guard and he completely decimated her in that moment.

I dunno just yet. I mean Zeref did say his soul was burning.That doesn't seem like hyperbole imo. I'll wait for more opinions before I give a vote though...

Or we could say Natsu can burn the soul? That's quite literally what Zeref said. He stated "My soul is burning."

Why every time that Fairy Tail does stuff like that it's chalked up as PIS while for every other verse everyone is here "yeah, upgrade time!"?

It becomes annoying after a while

You though Zeref was immune to Soul Manipulation? He's just as vulnerable to Soul hax as any other character without the resistance.

While I don't really think anything of the soul burning part, I do suggest an analysis of whatever ability Natsu seems to have that counters time manipulation. Dimaria notes Natsu was able to move freely even in her time stop and then we get statements like burning time? Just throwing in my 2 cents maybe it's nothing but hyperbole or maybe it isn't, but I do suggest we at least take a look at it

Bepo4151 said:
So Natsu developed soul hax in 1 chapter. I agree with what Ryop said
Yes and? Are you saying a character cannot develop a new ability in one chapter? If Goku suddenly could attack the soul, we would accept it. If Luffy suddenly could attack the soul, we would accept it. Why can we not accept it here?

Dragonmasterxyz
The problem is we didn't see Natsu attack the soul of Zeref you are speculating based on one vague statement that may very well be mistranslation or hyperbole.

Vague? Zeref literally stated his soul was burning. He bluntly states "My soul is on fire". We don't have to exactly see the soul burning to say, "yup it's on fire" Especially when Zeref himself says it clear as day. I don't see how this is an exaggeration. Especially when Zeref is the one who is getting hit.

I'm sorry but character A saying my soul is burning shouldn't give character B soul manipulation especially if character B hasn't shown anything remotely close to this before. Also even if you don't agree with me you should at least wait for the official translation.

I never said Natsu had Soul Manipulation. Just that e can attack the soul. The most he'd get is a form of Durability Negation via attacking the soul directly. Nothing more.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I never said Natsu had Soul Manipulation. Just that e can attack the soul. The most he'd get is a form of Durability Negation via attacking the soul directly. Nothing more.
But how would it negate dura if zeref is still alive after the attAck. Durability negation means they could finish you off in one attack. Natsu hit him with all he's got on top of the soul burning fire and zeref is still alive and hasn't noted(yet) the fire did any real damage to his soul.

"I'm sorry but character A saying my soul is burning shouldn't give character B soul manipulation especially if character B hasn't shown anything remotely close to this before."

So let's once again bring this into perspective. If Goku was stated to strike someone's soul out of the blue. Despite never showing anything remotely close to that before. Would we accept it? Yes we would. He would gain Soul Manipulation. He would gain "Bypasses conventional durability by attacking the soul directly"

From the Durability Negation page

"The ability that allows to damage the target, regardless of its durability. In particular, enables causing serious damage to a very strong opponent, even in the absence of large attack potency. A good example of ignoring the strength would be a laser, which at negligible attack potency, easily cuts through thick steel sheets."

As Dragon stated, it's fully possible to have Soul Hax that isn't a one hit kill.

For instance, Maplestory's Kanna can shear off her foes' souls with her basic attacks, but it's far from a one-hit kill against anyone.

It's possible, but I want to see more context before we jump to conclusions.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
"I'm sorry but character A saying my soul is burning shouldn't give character B soul manipulation especially if character B hasn't shown anything remotely close to this before."
So let's once again bring this into perspective. If Goku was stated to strike someone's soul out of the blue. Despite never showing anything remotely close to that before. Would we accept it? Yes we would. He would gain Soul Manipulation. He would gain "Bypasses conventional durability by attacking the soul directly"
If it is stated that Goku can attack souls directly then yes. If for example when he fought Vegita. He said my soul is burning absolutely NO.

Dragonslayer exists on the astral plane as well - which is where souls reside in Berserk-verse. So he does strike at souls

So just because he only said "my soul is burning" it does not count? I don't buy that one bit tbh.Also it isn't like I said he should get the ability now. I am just saying that for now just calling it Hyperbole and PIS is not a good thing.

@Grudge Straight from his file.

Dragon Slayer: This weapon was built with the singular purpose of being able to slay a dragon; when you take into consideration its feats such as being able to withstand blows from apostles traveling at supersonic speeds, surviving an explosion which resulted in the vaporization of a water snake's head and remaining intact despite Guts's rough usage of it. Due to this weapon being tempered in the malice of thousands of the dead it has gained the ability to attack the ethereal body.

Powers And Abilities

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Master Swordsman | Can attack the Soul | Enhanced Physical Stats, Pain Tolerance and Night Vision via the Berserker Armor, Resistance to Possession

@Dragon

Personally, I'd like to see the following chapter before we start adding anything in order to make sure we have the complete context.

@Reppu

And I agree 100%. I just don't like the fact that people are calling this PIS or Hyberbole already with no other reason than "Usual Fairy Tail PIS"

^nothing will be added about this thou, anyway the reasoning is pretty simple for me Natsu burned the fairy heart inside Zeref which is magic and Natsu already showed the ability to burn magic and since fairs heart became part of his being "his soul" Zeref said how he felt his soul burning. This I believe would be confirmed by fact Zeref is no longer in that form which means Fairy heart is gone that is burned by Natsu Flames that like previous said can indeed burn magic as shown several times.

@dragon that doesn't contradict anything I said about dragon slayer.

I already explained he's allowed to hit spirits and such because his dragon slayer absorbed enough blood to be part of both the physical and astral plane.

What I'm telling you is that, that doesn't mean he hits your soul every time he hits you with dragon slayer.

To put into perspective if Guts was fighting a being like M.Bison. Normally vison when killed can live on as a spirit and or try to steal your body with his spirit. Guts in this situation would be able too hurt or kill bison in his soul state since seeing slayer can hit souls.

I never said Guts hits the soul everytime he strikes. Not once. I simply stated that when he does it is not a one-hit kill. My whole point is simply that Durability Negation =/= One Hit Kill.

PS: Sorry if I come off as angry. Not trying to be.

@Dragon Okay that's fine, sorry is just most people in debates when they see durability negation they instantly jump to conclusions and sssume said character one shots. In the case of guts people some assume he hurts your soul every time he hits you. Nothing to do with you just wanted to clarify with you that's all.

Also @Williamshadow dang I did not think of it that way. The way you put it u have to agree with your points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back