• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hank J Wimblenuts vs Legionis

Legionis usually launches their Legion against a distanced opponent if its not blatant that they're a projectile user, but if it is obvious that they're a projectile user, they usually go straight for their blaster.
So it's likely that they're going to launch their legion at Hank then, as according to this key he just looks like a dude with 1 metal arm.

Hank probably outskills Legionis in their normal state, but Legionis likely outskills Hank when they're in a state of perfect sync. Legionis does go into this state like 2/3 times whenever they're put in danger or they find themselves in a bad situation in this key.

So it's likely that they're going to launch their legion at Hank then, as according to this key he just looks like a dude with 1 metal arm.
I mean, if Legionis sees Hank pull out his gun then they'll probably just switch to blaster mode. Legionis is constantly holding their x-baton when out in the field and all they need to do to switch to blaster mode is tap it on their body.

If Legionis gets 1 shot before they do that, it won't matter. What is Hank gonna 1 shot him with? Is there any chance Legionis can do anything about it?

If Legionis gets 1 shot before they do that, it won't matter. What is Hank gonna 1 shot him with? Is there any chance Legionis can do anything about it?

I already went over how literally any weapon in Madness Combat can oneshot Hank or the rest of the cast. Speaking of, would Hank's ridiculously good pain tolerance help him out whatsoever here? I doubt it would, cause, y'know... oneshots and all that.

So this is basically whoever shoots first wins? If Legionis doesn't start in blaster mode and Hank shoots on-sight (not sure if he does) he'll take it.

Hank shoots on-sight

He absolutely will shoot on sight. He's a crazy maniac who's become so notorious that there's an entire agency in Nevada that's trying to kill him, and also happens to have a kill count of around 587.

From this comment it doesn't seem like they start with their gun in their hand.

He should start with it in his hands as he never hides or covers his weapons ever since becoming a MAG and because he literally has no place to hide it.

He should start with it in his hands as he never hides or covers his weapons ever since becoming a MAG and because he literally has no place to hide it.
Okay, then Legionis should switch to gun right away. Legionis has a 50-50 chance of having their X-Baton in blaster mode to start of anyways.

I think I'm gonna vote incon. This is entirely depends on who strikes first since they can both one shot and there are too many questions surrounding who would be able to land the first blow and it's quite hard to tell who'd do it first.

I’m unbiased, I know literally nothing about either verse other than what’s been discussed here and on discord.

To me, it seems like Hank is more likely to shoot first as he’ll start with a gun out and is apparently a psychopath. Legionis isn’t 100% likely to start with his blaster out.

Because of that, I’m going Hank. Unless someone has a counterargument.

I’m unbiased, I know literally nothing about either verse other than what’s been discussed here and on discord.

To me, it seems like Hank is more likely to shoot first as he’ll start with a gun out and is apparently a psychopath. Legionis isn’t 100% likely to start with his blaster out.

Because of that, I’m going Hank. Unless someone has a counterargument.
I mean legionis has reacted to several projectiles that are of similar speed to his blaster and has been able to draw his weapon and attack in the process, so if Legionis doesn't start with blaster in hand they can stay alive long enough until they can get the blaster out. There's also IRIS to factor in which does provide basic info analysis and is thought based and connected directly to their own eye nerves.

That’s not what I was asking, sorry for the misunderstanding.

With speed equalized, reactions and such are taken as relative. Like, if something is considered “fast” in a verse, then it would still be fast in a speed equalized match.

Are the blasts portrayed like just anyone can react to and doge them? If so, then Legionis probably wouldn’t be able to dodge Hank’s shots because from what I can tell they’re “fast” in the verse. Correct me if i’m wrong on that though.

I mean there aren't really too many feats of the blasters being dodged. There is one character who has been seen dodging them pretty easily but said character is portrayed to be rather swift. They're kind of average in speed I'd say.

Hm. Ok.

1. It would’ve if this wasn’t a tournament
It's a tournament yes but matches can still be decided as incon (its literally in the OP). However the organizer wants to handle it is up to them but matches can still be inconclusive.
2. can you come talk on this more lmao, are the guns and such’s shots portrayed as fast and undodgeable in-verse?
The blasts aren't portrayed as undodgeable but it's not something that just anyone can dodge.

2. can you come talk on this more lmao, are the guns and such’s shots portrayed as fast and undodgeable in-verse?

They are portrayed as fast, yes, but Hank and a lot of the characters have managed to evade them plenty of times before. Heck, Hank managed to evade a cannon ball before.

Ok, that’s confused be a little. How are we supposed to have incon matches for a bracket? Don’t we need someone to move forward?

They are portrayed as fast, yes, but Hank and a lot of the characters have managed to evade them plenty of times before. Heck, Hank managed to evade a cannon ball before.
Thank you.

The blasts aren't portrayed as undodgeable but it's not something that just anyone can dodge.
Seems like the same situation as the other verse then.

If both can one-shot each other with long-range weaponry, I think the one with the invisible shield which can also fight wins- question is, would they do such a thing in character?

Legionis can use the Sword Legion as a shield, but its not really in character. The only time they've ever done such a thing was to break a fall. Plus, unless Legionis already had it out, the summoning would be too slow to just summon it as a shield since it takes a good half second at best.

This is actually really hard, if I could I would vote incon. But this just seems like an in character thing.

Edit: Ninjaed. Incon fra then.

Back