• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Battle of the brutal, nigh-immortal berserkers with rough pasts. Victory via any means possible.

Gutsvslogan

Guts doesn't have anything that will go past wolvie's regen and adamantium skeleton.

And correct me if i am wrong but Guts doesn't have regen per se comics but a sort of automatic and accelerated surgical healing while in berserker armor?

Guts should be able to take this fight without much difficulty, seeing as Guts has High Hypersonic speed this would allow him to be able to get in as many attacks from his Dragonslayer in as possible. You may be thinking " Dragonslayer would not be able to cut through his body, as it's made of adamantium" but you're also forgetting that Dragonslayer damages the spiritual/etheral body of the target as well as the physical body . Which can prove very fatal to Wolverine.

If Wolverine has no spiritual body or has had his spirit destroyed yet was still able to be alive, then I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say that Dragonslayer would not be able to harm if.

I remember reading that Dragonslayer's spiritual attacking wouldn't work since Wolverine survived selling his soul.

Cropfist said:
I remember reading that Dragonslayer's spiritual attacking wouldn't work since Wolverine survived selling his soul.
This would only prove he has a soul to damage, selling your soul =/= damaging it. I think this solidifes Guts being able to beat him.

I am not particularly sure just how potent the Dragonslayer is in terms of Soul Harming, but as a rough estimate I would say it's high level soul harming, as it was able to take down a member of the God Hand with one strike. Here is the stats of the newly made (probably weakest) member.

Guts has also been able to damage someone who was nothing but mist, by attacking his astral body. Seeing as Wolverine does possess a soul and that it's unknown wether or not it has resistance against weapons like Dragonslayer. This is enough to give Guts the victory.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
I am not particularly sure just how potent the Dragonslayer is in terms of Soul Harming, but as a rough estimate I would say it's high level soul harming, as it was able to take down a member of the God Hand with one strike. Here is the stats of the newly made (probably weakest) member.
Guts has also been able to damage someone who was nothing but mist, by attacking his astral body. Seeing as Wolverine does possess a soul and that it's unknown wether or not it has resistance against weapons like Dragonslayer. This is enough to give Guts the victory.
In the Manifiest Destiny storyline, Wolverine has fought and defeated a group of Superhuman Martial Artists whose powers, weapons, and techniques were made to also destroy one's soul. So he would be able to handle Guts with some difficulty.

And another thing to consider is that Wolverine has a far more superior tactical mind then Guts, who most of the time relies on his brute strength to hammer down on his foes or power through their defenses (although Guts is strategic, but not to the same extent as Wolverine). Wolverine having the superior tactical mind would be able to get pass this, exploiting an opening advantage then get in there, making Guts into shish kabobs--- Don't let his feral appearance and nature fool you because in fact his tactical prowess was often compared to Captain America and Cyclops.

Wolverine could just cut through Dragonslayer, could he not? Or at least dent it with a headbutt.

HeroicDefender97 said:
In the Manifiest Destiny storyline, Wolverine has fought and defeated a group of Superhuman Martial Artists whose powers and techniques were made to also destroy one's soul. So he would be able to handle Guts with some difficulty.
Oh that is quite intriguing, Wolverine may have been able to fight these martial artists. But has Wolverine ever tanked one of the soul destroying techniques they have? If so could you please provide a scan or something of the sort. If so Wolverine winning through the use of exhausting Guts will be a definate outcome.

Guts himself is a very strategic fighter, he has no issues with getting himself into harms way to allow himself to an advantage against his enemy. Examples include allowing himself to be turned into a shish kebab, utilising his sword Dragonslayer as a means to avoid lightning and much more. He is not just a brute who slams Dragonslayer down on people without even thinking for a minute second.

Just double checked berserk wiki,dragonslayer seems to be run of the mill "metal sword" that has gained soul harming abilities overtime due to spilling demon blood for a long period of time,wolverine's claws should slice right through it.

While Guts is very strategic, there's no prior knowledge here, as his Dragonslayer is his main way of dealing with opponents, he will try to end the fight as quick as possible, when Wolverine charges at him and he swings at Wolverine with Dragonslayer, it will obviously surprise him when he notices that it doesn't just cleave through him, giving Wolverine time to inflict lasting damage, and regen right after.

If Guts did have prior knowledge, maybe he'd be more cautious, but that isn't really the case here.

KazarianFahs said:
Just double checked berserk wiki,dragonslayer seems to be run of the mill "metal sword" that has gained soul harming abilities overtime due to spilling demon blood for a long period of time,wolverine's claws should slice right through it.

Do not lowball here, Wolverine's destructive capacity pales in comparison to Guts, and seeing as Dragonslayer was able to withstand multiple blows from people on Guts level I do not think Wolverine would have a chance to cut through it. There is also the issue of Guts being much more faster than Wolverine is.

Destructive capacity isn't exactly the right term when referring to Bladed weapons,When two blades collide,the entire weight of the two blades and the combatants falls on a singular thin line perpendicular to the blade's edge at the point of contact,Historically speaking,inferior blades would break quite often whilst clashing with much superior blades.Here's quite the same case.The more Gut's DC and physical strength the more the force on his blade while colliding with wolvie's claws which are astronomically more durable and "slashier" saying that the sword won't break is a long stretch.And wolverine quite often tends to attack the blades of an enemy and all we know about Dragon slayer is that it's just a very large metal sword..

Again, if Dragonslayer was just a large metal sword then it would of broken many of times within the series. The punishment it recieves is incredible. And I will repeat again that Wolverine's ap (accounts for bladed weapons) is not sufficent enough to even scratch it.

Before you resort to Thanos cutting arguements etc please refer here.

thats not really the case with wolverine since from his first appearence he has managed to hurt people stronger than him,AP here stands for how much destruction a attack has

EXAMPLE:A nuke is town level but does jack s**** against the Hulk however someone like Wolverine can destroy a room with his claw swips yet those very swipes can turn the Hulk to ribbons

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/wolverine-vs-hulk-1530162/

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/wolverine-vs-galactus-thanosw-ig-and-darkseid-601489/

and for referance to how comun this is one of the ads i've seen on this very site is of wolverine deflecting phoenix force cyclops's laser beam

and i've seen the dragon slayer chiped and damaged before just from regular fighting so what do you think is gonna happen when it hits adamantiam at full force

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-4409446

Perhaps Wolverine's adamantium claws will be able to cut through dragonslayer, but the chances of this happening are next to none seeing Gut's speed advantage.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Perhaps Wolverine's adamantium claws will be able to cut through dragonslayer, but the chances of this happening are next to none seeing Gut's speed advantage.
something similar that guy is speed demon/whizzer who is sorta like the evil quicksilver and he runs over water and walls and stuff and actually has the same speed rating 5 as quicksilver in the databooks(Although a longhsot since peak QS is FTL,i think this value is for average showings)

Again this is a bloodlusted wolvie so he'll go for kill rather than knocking out,he'll slice through even the armor like butter,all wolvie needs is one good slice.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
So your telling me Gutts is going to cut through Wolverine's flesh and muscle before his sword and pull it back before it hits his bones

Hmm...why does that sound very unlikely

Uhm, that's kind of how it works, bones being inside flesh and all.

Especially if Guts goes for the body and not the arms or legs.

RadicalMrR said:
So your telling me Gutts is going to cut through Wolverine's flesh and muscle before his sword hits his bones

You're forgetting that Dragonslayer ignores conventional durability, it will cut through his soul. If you have no showings of Wolverine tanking something which can destroy his soul, it's best to say he dies with a single strike.

Guts throws Wolverine into a river and old man Logan dies after 2 days of suffering.

Seriously now, Guts pretty much has everything he needs to win. He has greater reach since he is like 1.90m tall and his sword is taller than him, while Wolverine is 1.60m and his blades are about 30-40 cm. Guts is faster than Wolverine, and stronger. His bones are not as hard as Wovlerine's adamntium of course, but with Dragonslayer he can probably overcome that obstacle.

As for the people saying that Guts can heart souls with the DS, this is possibly because the creatures he attacks reside at a different dimension than normal people. Since Wolverine doesn't leave in the same universe as Guts, in my opinion Guts can hurt his soul.

Anyway, Guts doesn't actually need to, he can just strangle Wolverine, after he cuts his claws with his sword.

Panemorfos said:
Guts throws Wolverine into a river and old man Logan dies after 2 days of suffering.
Seriously now, Guts pretty much has everything he needs to win. He has greater reach since he is like 1.90m tall and his sword is taller than him, while Wolverine is 1.60m and his blades are about 30-40 cm. Guts is faster than Wolverine, and stronger. His bones are not as hard as Wovlerine's adamntium of course, but with Dragonslayer he can probably overcome that obstacle.

As for the people saying that Guts can heart souls with the DS, this is possibly because the creatures he attacks reside at a different dimension than normal people. Since Wolverine doesn't leave in the same universe as Guts, in my opinion Guts can hurt his soul.

Anyway, Guts doesn't actually need to, he can just strangle Wolverine, after he cuts his claws with his sword.
I agree with everything except that Guts is stronger (They're probably around same strength.) and that Guts would cut off Wolverine's claws but other than that. I think Guts wins.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
RadicalMrR said:
So your telling me Gutts is going to cut through Wolverine's flesh and muscle before his sword hits his bones

You're forgetting that Dragonslayer ignores conventional durability, it will cut through his soul. If you have no showings of Wolverine tanking something which can destroy his soul, it's best to say he dies with a single strike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZd-mf6gv4o (Skip to 1:30 and watch up until the end)

While Wolverine does not defeat the Superhuman Martial Artists's powers, weapons, and techniques that were made to attack the person's physical body and soul until his second encounter upon re-training himself in martial arts with Master Po.

He still manages to survive his first encounter with them after a series of brutal beatings to his physical body and soul.

Weaponxfirstclass020021em4
Reaction Time is calculated to be 038 seconds.

Also I'd like to note that while Guts is fast. Wolverine is no slouch in the combat speed department.

Wolverine's speed
Speed-blitzes this ninja before she even had the chance to react or respond with a counter attack.

Wolverine's speed 2
Dodges a bullet and blitzes a man's hand off from a distance.

Plus he has no trouble vanishing from his opponents eyesight then reappear seconds later

Wolv Speed 1

Wolv Speed 2

Which version of Guts is this 8-C or 8-B?

Also just because dragonslayer can hurt him on a spiritual level it doesn't mean it's a one hit KO.From my understanding it's just a pain thats not gonna go away any time soon.

Here he is fighting iron fist who is HS+ and has spiritual attacks

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-3747201

Plus since he took hits from Thanos who has something called a SOUL GEM

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-1710694

I think it's safe to say he won't die just from guts getting cut from the dragonslayer

Show me a scan which shows Wolverine tanking someone destroying his soul, if you do not have such scan and instead decide to show me Thanos (who is not equipped with the IG) attack Wolverine and Iron Fist who is sparring with Wolverine and not using any soul based attacks at all I will just assume Wolverine has no such feats and Guts will win.

Dragonslayer will damage Wolverine's spirtual body, if he cannot tank such attacks his soul is cleaved in half unless proven otherwise.

The bunch of speedfeats the other dude showed me pale in comparison to Guts's.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Show me a scan which shows Wolverine tanking someone destroying his soul, if you do not have such scan and instead decide to show me Thanos (who is not equipped with the IG) attack Wolverine and Iron Fist who is sparring with Wolverine and not using any soul based attacks at all I will just assume Wolverine has no such feats and Guts will win.
Dragonslayer will damage Wolverine's spirtual body, if he cannot tank such attacks his soul is cleaved in half unless proven otherwise.

The bunch of speedfeats the other dude showed me pale in comparison to Guts's.
Who are you referring to? because I just gave you the video link of the full comic to where the scan happened though didn't I? the one with Logan having his soul attacked and also a portion 'em being taken from his body and all?

Also it doesn't mean that Logan is slow compare Guts when it comes to speed, even though Guts is more arugably faster. Especially the fact that Logan vanish out of one's line of sight then reappear elsewhere seconds later.

Wolverine was greatly affected from a technique called "Soul Striker" and was left completely vulnearable and disorientated. This does not prove Wolverine has resistance to soul based weaponry, rather a vulnerablity. If Wolverine had shrugged the attacks off then granted he would have resistance.

Guts even before he became the black swordsman has been able to blitz people such as this . Guts according to stats is literally 35 times faster than Wolverine is..

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Wolverine was greatly affected from a technique called "Soul Striker" and was left completely vulnearable and disorientated. This does not prove Wolverine has resistance to soul based weaponry, rather a vulnerablity. If Wolverine had shrugged the attacks off then granted he would have resistance.
Guts even before he became the black swordsman has been able to blitz people such as this . Guts according to stats is literally 35 times faster than Wolverine is..
It wasn't so much to say to say that Wolverine has resistence to soul-based attacks. It was to prove a point that Wolverine can take punishment from his soul being attacked. And its not like Logan is an idiot and will always constantly let himself get hit by Guts because he can always dodge if he needs to.

Wolverine is not as slow though, you are talking like Guts could just speed-blitz him to death when he can't. I have so many scans that prove otherwise that Logan is not a slowpoke. This site simply doesn't even know what to do with Marvel character's speeds when it comes to non-powered/god heroes and villains. It always keeps changing like way too much then it should.

HeroicDefender97 said:
RadicalMrR said:
That scan doesn't really prove anything though
Its just Thor zapping Wolverine with thunder
Ok so your seriously ignoring the part where Thor yells "Enough" and launches Wolverine into to the ground with Mjolnir.

If you still keep saying that he didn't i'm going to show the same panel to the admin and ask them what they make of this.

Guts is on the verge of being upgraded , and his combat/reaction speeds will trump Wolverine's 100x fold due to this feat

Wolverine will not be able to compensate the speed advantage and Dragonslayer hax, I have been shown nothing suggesting that Wolverine can tank soul harming attacks, yet shown he can be harmed by such attacks which is quite ironic.

"I have been shown nothing suggesting that Wolverine can tank soul harming attacks, yet shown he can be harmed by such attacks which is quite ironic."

Wolverine can take a few hits (even if it hurts) or avoid situations like that with his tactical mind and skill. Guts is not the greatest strategist in the world, especially when he dons the Berserker Armor because he then relies more on his brute strength more then tactical prowess unlike his base form.

Again you are understimating Wolverine's combat speed/reaction time again. In fact this whole site has really understimated his speed/reaction time when he's consistently been able to blitz/tag Captain America, Psylocke (who has Precog), Bishop (BEFORE the latter could even teleport away), Thor (he's FTL and he admitted that Wolverine was faster then him in combat speed and reaction time), and even kept up with Spider-Man (who also has Precog) briefly thought that Wolverine was faster then him in their first encounter. It should of honestly placed him at Massively Hypersonic.

And ClassicGameGuys, one of Vs Battle wiki's long time and retired Calc team even foresees Wolverine as the victor over Guts.

Back