• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
HeroicDefender97 said:
"I have been shown nothing suggesting that Wolverine can tank soul harming attacks, yet shown he can be harmed by such attacks which is quite ironic."
Wolverine can take a few hits (even if it hurts) or avoid situations like that with his tactical mind and skill. Guts is not the greatest strategist in the world, especially when he dons the Berserker Armor because he then relies more on his brute strength more then tactical prowess unlike his base form.

Again you are understimating Wolverine's combat speed/reaction time again. In fact this whole site has really understimated his speed/reaction time when he's consistently been able to blitz Captain America, Psylocke (who has Precog), Bishop (BEFORE the latter could even teleport away), Thor (he's FTL and he admitted that Wolverine was faster then him in combat speed and reaction time), and even kept up with Spider-Man (who also has Precog) briefly thought that Wolverine was faster then him in their first encounter. It should of honestly placed him at Massively Hypersonic.

And ClassicGameGuys, one of Vs Battle wiki's long time and retired Calc team even foresees Wolverine as the victor over Guts.
Please take note of this

I saw your thread and I agree.

But heres the thing since Guts is way faster and stronger so IF he can kill Wolverine then by vertue of him being Low 7-C this thread will be closed by mismatch or speed stomp and the results won't get added.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
I guess that's a fair point.
Sorry if my comment sounds harsh, Austrian. I just simply did the best of my ability to prove my case on Wolverine. You're still awesome regardless, espcially since I loved your DMC Upgrade Thread that gave Dante his long overdue Upgrade. Hope there is no harsh feelings between us mate.

But yeah I suppose someone should close this thread.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Nothing harsh about it man, just you trying to prove your point.
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/wolverine-vs-guts-berserk-546971/?page=3

I am not sure if this would do much, but I think I might of found the answer you were looking for as to whether Logan could withstand Gut's Dragonslayer soul hax ability on this particular page on Comic Vine.

Because this entire thread also talks about Gut's Dragonslayer hax abilty too.

Unfortunately though some of the scans are gone.

The arguments they were using are poor, having immunity to telepathy does not instantly amount to having soul-damage resistance. Is it that difficult for them to fetch a scan where x uses soul destroying move on Wolverine only for him to respond with "That it bub?".

Edit: Off topic, but I take it that you have a Comicvine account? That was my begginings in the vs debating scene. And I believe I have a Arnold namesake there like I do here. Been awhile since I have last joined a VS thread there xD. If you knew me there by any chance then that would be a coincidence.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/wolverine-vs-guts-berserk-546971/?page=3

I am not sure if this would do much, but I think I might of found the answer you were looking for as to whether Logan could withstand Gut's Dragonslayer soul hax ability on this particular page on Comic Vine.

All I seen in that thread were them arguing about logan's speed and guts' strength, didn't see much on fhe soul hax. Could you please send an image, I think that would be best.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
The arguments they were using are poor, having immunity to telepathy does not instantly amount to having soul-damage resistance. Is it that difficult for them to fetch a scan where x uses soul destroying move on Wolverine only for him to respond with "That it bub?".
Edit: Off topic, but I take it that you have a Comicvine account? That was my begginings in the vs debating scene. And I believe I have a Arnold namesake there like I do here. Been awhile since I have last joined a VS thread there xD. If you knew me there by any chance then that would be a coincidence.
I have one scan where Logan did fight off a demon who was attacking/possessing his soul, but I got find the page on where I originally found the scan to see if that were the case sooo

And nah I never had a Comic Vine account even after all these years tbh, so I wouldn't know XD

Battlemania said:

All I seen in that thread were them arguing about logan's speed and guts' strength, didn't see much on fhe soul hax. Could you please send an image, I think that would be best.
It talks about it on there. You just got to read through it carefully.

And the links of some of the good scans posted on there are not working. So that's kind of a problem...

Smh, but that's what happens when you run into old Vs forums lol

This shows Guts suffering a deep wound to his astral body because he was able to get up in the next panel does not mean he instantly has some invulnerability to attacks that hit the soul as he still suffered a hit from one. The same logic applies to Wolverine, I want a crystal clear scan of Wolverine no selling blows to his soul with very clear context. If you fail to provide proof the outcome of this thread will not change from a stomp, to in Wolverine's favor.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Mixture of Black Swordsman and Berserker armor I believe.
So how can people say Wolverine is faster when he is only supersonic + and guts is MHS?

Guts may not be able to get through Adamantium, but I guess if Dragonslayer has soul harming properties, he'd eventually put Wolverine down, after all, he does have a good speed advantage, which evens out the regen and durable skeleton on Wolverine's side.

Guts needs more victories on his page anyway.

Hmmmmmm...hmmmmmmm..hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I think Wolverine would take it. I am caught up on Berserk...which isnt saying much since the manga was inactive for a long time, but I dont recall the spirit property of his sword ever being used to damage people, just a way to combat spirits. His battle with Serpico wasnt that impressive. Serpico was still able to use his sword size to Guts disadvantage and Guts sword was still being stopped by pillars.

Basically I think Wolverine claws will give him the attack advantage, his healing will give him the ability to keep going and his skeleton wont let him be incapacitated.

Guts berserk armor keeps him together but doesnt heal, he just becomes so...berserk he doesnt feel the pain. We will get a gruesome battle but ultimately I think Guts would kill over from not only the wounds Wolverine inflicts but the self inflicted ones from the Berserk armor.

Guys I think Guts has this. Why? Because what do soul-damaging wounds, of the variety seen in Berserk, actually do? They make healing nigh-impossible!!! Why do I say this? Remember when Guts was wounded by Slan of the God-Hand (who had materialized from Troll Intestines and then told him to "split [her] in half with [his] big thing"--DANG that series is f*cked-up, hahahaha), what the wound did. It was not just a physical wound but also a wound to his soul. Now, Guts is WAY more resilient to wounds than a normal human, but ended up crippled by the wound, not as a result of the physical wound but the soul-damage. In the end, it took MONTHS of healing by the very powerful witch Schierke, Farnese, and two Fairies with Fairy-Dust (which is a super-powerful healing agent that normally heals any wounds at a tier/rate-of-healing somewhat close to Wolverine's healing, just without regenerating whole appendages) for the wound to really even start to come close to fully healing. . .normally, if the wound were only physical, the kind of treatment given by a witch and two fairies that we saw, would have been able to close and then heal such a wound within minutes or, at most, hours.

So yeah, soul-damage from stuff like the God Hand or the Dragonslayer actually inhibits Regenerationn as well as truly damaging the actual soul. I think the result is obvious if Guts keeps slashing away at Wolverine, even if he can't actually cut through his skeleton. Wolverine's healing-powers won't work quickly enough like they do normally, as a result of the soul-damage, and as more and more of his veins and arteries get slashed, he'll die from bleeding-out like a normal person can (if he doesn't die first from the actual damage to his soul causing him to pass-on). Meanwhile Guts is of a significantly higher tier than Wolverine, and much faster so you can pretty much guarantee he'll always land his hits and Wolverine won't be able to block. Wolverine wouldn't stand a chance.

I do hope this gets resolved soon as a win for Guts. He needs more wins!

isn't it statted in the wiki that wolverine's adamantium bones are as durable as a solar system? Because if it is then i give this one to wolverine due to him probably outlasting him.

Daarius.ivey said:
isn't it statted in the wiki that wolverine's adamantium bones are as durable as a solar system? Because if it is then i give this one to wolverine due to him probably outlasting him.

It does not matter if Guts can't cut past Wolverine's flesh (i.e. can't cut his bones). As I and others have pointed out, Guts' sword is able to directly harm the soul itself when it wounds an opponent. And when it comes to soul-damage of the type seen sometimes in Berserk, that damage inhibits healing and Regenerationn as we saw when Guts' soul was wounded by Slan. . .as a result of that, his physical wounds would not properly heal for weeks and months, even with extensive magical-healing being performed by a witch, a witch's apprentice, and two fairies (which all together should have normally healed such a wound in a matter of minutes). So yeah, soul-damage makes Regenerationn that would take minutes, take weeks instead.

What does this mean for Wolverine? It means that wounds from Guts' sword, the Dragonslayer, will have their Regenerationn inhibited! So Guts doesn't NEED to cut through the bone and decapitate Wolverine in order to kill him. . .he simply needs to cut him up enough that he will bleed-out! Meanwhile, Guts's speed is only hypersonic+ while Wolverine's is supersonic+, and Guts' AP is multi-city-block level while Wolverine is only building-level! The outcome is clear; Guts will completely speed-blitz Wolverine while also overwhelming him with power, and just cut him and cut him and cut him some more. Wolverine will NEVER be able to land a hit due to the speed-difference. Because the healing of the wounds will be inhibited by the soul-damage, Wolverine will eventually (albeit after longer than a normal person) bleed-out and die like any other non-mutant person would. True story.

Soul haxes get through that. speed advantage is guts but wolverine is skilled enough to tag someone with his claws way faster then himself using his skills so he may cut guts a couple of times. I say their attack potence (strength) is similar bevause it is adamantium skills are similar range goes to guts with his cross bow, bombs, throwing knifes, and because dragon slayer has a better range then wolverine's claws guts wins

Huesito88 said:
Soul haxes get through that. speed advantage is guts but wolverine is skilled enough to tag someone with his claws way faster then himself using his skills so he may cut guts a couple of times. I say their attack potence (strength) is similar bevause it is adamantium skills are similar range goes to guts with his cross bow, bombs, throwing knifes, and because dragon slayer has a better range then wolverine's claws guts wins

No, their attack potency cannot be considered similar by the standards of this wiki (see below paragraph). Attack-potency is the energy-output of an attak and has literally nothing to do with the material of the weapon used, Adamantium or not. And how is Wolverine skilled-enough with good enough reflexes to ever tag Guts with his claws? Guts is far faster than Wolverine and a superior tactician (as good as Wolverine is, Guts is better). By the standards of this wiki, solely based on the speed-tiers alone, we have to assume that Guts can blitz Wolverine without Wolverine being able to touch him.

Really, this fight is a huge mismatch/stomp'. The tiers and speed are too far apart. Here's how the exact numbers stack-up: 8-A attack potency is between 30 times and a few hundred times greater than 8-C attack potency. Bare minimum, Guts can attack with 30 times the power that Wolverine can. Meanwhile, Guts' movement speed is at least two times Wolverine's (taking the high-end of Supersonic+ for Wovlerine and the low-end of Hypersonic+ for Guts), but is probably at least four times as great. Finally, Guts' combat speed and reactions are Massively Hypersonic and thus at least 20 times Wolverine's. As in, Guts can swing his sword and dodge at least 20 times faster than Wolverine can dodge or swing his claws! So it is literally impossible for Wolverine to ever dodge any of Guts' hits or manage to hit Guts with his claws.

The only chance Wolverine may have had was due to his Regenerationn (and Adamantium skeleton) and far superior stamina, but the Regenerationn will be inhibited by Guts' soul-hax (meaning Guts has no need to cut all the way through Wolverine's skeleton to kill him), and those same soul-hax will wear down his stamina.

Honestly guys, Guts stomps so hard it's like a joke.

Ok do all these claiming soul haxxors want to post a scan of Guts cutting someones soul? Please do. It gave him the ability to attack a spirit but i never saw it cut out a living persons soul or prevent regen or anything else you guys are claiming. It wasmt even implied in the explanation that it would damage a persons soul.

So if youre right, please do prove me wrong. Its been awhile since i read through the entire manga.

Battledome4me said:
Ok do all these claiming soul haxxors want to post a scan of Guts cutting someones soul? Please do. It gave him the ability to attack a spirit but i never saw it cut out a living persons soul or prevent regen or anything else you guys are claiming. It wasmt even implied in the explanation that it would damage a persons soul.
So if youre right, please do prove me wrong. Its been awhile since i read through the entire manga.

Because he has hurt actual ghosts and other completely intangible spirits (most notably Ganishka), banishing or even slaying them, with the sword. The human soul is no different. Soul-damage is a thing in Berserk, like Guts' wound from Slan as I mentioned.

The reason Guts has never been seen directly attacking or "cutting out" the soul of a human with the Dragonslayer is that no human poses a challenge and he can kill them easily by just cutting them in half. Literally NO human in Berserk poses a challenge to Guts (Black Swordsman timeframe) when he isn't heavily wounded. Except when killing people, he's never been shown giving humans anything but the shallowest of wounds (beyond scratches or EXTREMELY shallow cuts like the ones on Teresia's hands when she held onto the sword to keep from falling) when using his sword, without soon killing them afterwards anyway.

The fact is that by the time of the two-year timeskip to the Black Swordsman period, every Apostle he killed died not just from its body being attacked, but from its very soul being attacked. It's been stated by characters such as Skull Knight that Apostles are most vulnerable to something like the Dragonslayer due to its ability to attack the ethereal-body, and the fact that Apostles are literally a monstrously transformed human ethereal-body materialized by a sacrifice into the physical world.

It is a 100% accepted fact that he can directly harm the soul. That's why it says it in his ability list: "Can attack the soul." That was included in the list because it was established by the members of this wiki that he has that power, for the reasons I explained.

I disgree with the interpretation. I believe that he can harm ethereal beings but doesnt do attacks to souls. I dont believe him slaying countless apostles put the sword on the level of a godhand attack. With that said, I will yield to that idea and assume he does. With no other evidence being submitted, I will say my vote:

Wolverine.

Heres why. I took into consideration everything they bring to the table. The ethereal attack, assuming that it operates like Slans, which we are apparently prevents causes wounds to reopen and eventually debilitate the bearer.Guts wound healed, it just caused pain and reopened again because of it. Giving Wolverine body, I dont think it would be a problem during the fight. They would heal faster then they reopen.

Guts is powerful fast and strong and if it wasnt for Wolverine skeleton, then he could possibly take it, because i dont see wolverine injuring him enough to put him down with a missing arm.

The fight would be hours long and the room will be full of blood and chunks of flesh. They would've both entered berserker state neither caring about pain or injury but in the end. Wolverine would still be standing whereas Guts without even knowing would suddenly die.

Wolverine body is made for it Guts isnt. He ignores all the suffering but his body still succomes to it. Guts speciality is his brutal attacks constantly impaling and skewering Wolverine but I cant count how many times i have seen wolverine impaled, torn apart, hung from and hung from sharp hooks.

Guts can fight with him arguably better but Wolverine can deal enough damage and take it too. Wolverine has the body to withstand the wounds and the mentality to not be overcome with shock or pain from them.

I don't think Wolverine stands a chance due to the huge tier and speed differences, man.

We're talking about 8-C and Supersonic vs. 8-A and Hypersonic+.

Back