• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts fights "the Black Swordsman"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Ramos said:
Well, SAO users also feel cold and all.
And other characters also scream when they are hurt.
It's literally stated multiple times getting hurt won't actually... hurt. It's just human reflex to act like that, ex: Klein getting rammed in the balls but not feeling anything.

Also SAO Players still feel things, it's just that pain is one of the things they don't feel.

Also because normal people are usually shocked when being stabbed of course. Laughing Coffin members usually don't feel that way and attack anyways, and Kirito is used to fighting those kinds of people.

@Kyle does Guts not feel cold?

@Everyone y'all know speed ain't equalzied right? Closing bc of stomp. (Normally I would wait for the OP to notice, but looking at the thread he really isn't caring for this thread. @OP you can ask me to reopen if you do come back)

Ah ya Black Swordsman Guts is Mach 33 combat reactions by scaling to this guy who performed this feat. (Currently we say only Berserker Armor Guts reach Mach 98. Unless CRT and scans show otherwise.)

Kirito is currently < Mach 12 by remotely scaling to his future key phases that is calibered by this feat.

2.82 x speed difference is NOT a speed blitz. Unless the OP did not bar Berserker Armor Guts. Or anyone shows our rules for judging speed blitz (some says 5, some says 7.5, some says 53, one says this is just case by case analysis).

But... Speaking of speed equalisation... Who is aware of the recent speed equalisation rule change discussions?

@Jason Since the op didn't specify, everyone assuming Berserker Armor.

...Which he still hasn't specified.

The op says speed equal now.

Yes it does if the attacks are faster than the user. If two humans fought and one had a gun, equalizing their speed does not make the bullet from the gun as fast as a regular human, no it would be faster than both

So they go both mach 33 first then Guts can go mach 98 by Berserker Armor while Kirito goes mach 66 by dual blade?

So wait does this mean he gets that Infinity+1 sword at the end of Ordinal Scale then? Guts would get one-shot if he does and if not then Guts probably wins due to a higher experience.

To be fair what he was one shotting was mostly 9-B to High 8-C bosses (though some of those bosses could very possibly be 8-B since they were close to the floor 100 boss' power).

A reasonable estimate of Kirito's power with that weapon would be the same as the boss, which is 8-B+.

OS Kirito? as in real world Kirito? He'd get his ass kicked. I can be considered the defensive SAO fanboy, but Even I know that Kirito isn't the strongest out there. if it were ALO Kirito (Dark Welt and Excalibur) then he would at least have a chance, but OS Kirito? no chance.

Xmark12 said:
To be fair what he was one shotting was mostly 9-B to High 8-C bosses (though some of those bosses could very possibly be 8-B since they were close to the floor 100 boss' power).
A reasonable estimate of Kirito's power with that weapon would be the same as the boss, which is 8-B+.
Heathcliff is the floor 100 boss, so If you're getting to the level of someone with god level hacks, then that's powerful.

PsychoWarper said:
Yeah Guts takes this due to Experience, Skill and insane Pain Tolarance.
Pain Tolerance doesn't matter, because since Kirito got his skill from a game, where there is no pain, then he would be used to people not being affected by pain

@Kiri

There's two versions of Ordinal Scale Kirito on this wiki: The Augmented Reality version (which is irl Kirito) and the Virtual Reality version (which is Floor 100 Kirito and the one that we're using here. This version of Kirito is the strongest out of all his avatars with the exception of his end game Alicization avatar).

Heathcliff is the Floor 100 boss that replaced An Incarnation of the Radius, which was intended to be the original boss of SAO. It's heavily implied through an interview with Reki that Heathcliff replaced the boss because it would be impossible to beat while SAO was a death game.

Before grace ends I want to remind everyone that Kirito has Incarnation in all of his VR keys. This means he has probability manip in this key. The CRT is being discussed, but right now it's not that big of a change, and there's plenty of examples of him subconsciously using Incarnation in big fights.

Lemme put up an advantages/disadvantages list for each character:

Guts:

• More experience.
  • Regen negation (dunno how effective the negation is, someone will have to explain that).
  • Longer range in general.
Kirito:

• All Sword Skills give stat amps, and since speed is equal w/ Berserker Armor, Kirito's faster during this state.
  • Hypersense to detect killing intent when Guts tries to trick Kirito with his playing dead or fooling tactics.
  • Incarnation, which gives him probability manip in dire situations, which he of course will be in here.

That could actually really swing things in Kirito's way heavily, mainly the Precog. Remind me in what way that prob manipulation manifests? As far as anything before End of Alicization and beyond goes, when he used it without knowing.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
That could actually really swing things in Kirito's way heavily, mainly the Precog. Remind me in what way that prob manipulation manifests? As far as anything before End of Alicization and beyond goes, when he used it without knowing.
Pre-Alicization, the 3 main feats outside of the Heathcliff fight is during against the Alfs in Alfheim and manages to go shred through them like butter despite failing to do so beforehand, during Death Gun where he manages to use Vorpal Sword in a system that doesn't have true Sword Skills and in Ordinal Scale where he gets the Infinity+1 sword and annihilates all bosses in the arena.

Basically, whenever his eyes glow yellow he's using Incarnation. Refer to this for further details. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_B7U2L0RF4

I meant more the ways in which it applies the probability manipulation whenever he's used it without knowing. I am aware of those cases, but they don't really bring much to the table. Even for GGO if I remember right, both he and Death Gun imitate sword skills to attack, obviously without any of the speed and power Amp.

He subconsciously delayed his death using probability manip against Heathcliff and probability manip'd out of gravity manip against Oberon.

Guts is actually known for being sometbing of a "struggling fish against the river of causality". While everyone else is mostly predeternined, his path is not already set in stone by the God Hand and Idea of Evil, which causes him to he of interest to them. If he didn't have this then even he would have died long ago, considering what he has to go through. Not so sure of probability manipulation working so we'll on him due to this.

That should be added on his profile as a CRT. Incarnation doesn't have to affect Guts himself anyways, it can affect the entire world around him. Incarnation is stated to be an ability that warps the world to favor the user after-all, so it doesn't have to be targetable.

I mean

Yes Guts is a fish in the river of causality.

But he's described as like, occassionally leaping above its surface for a few moments, like when he survived the eclipse. Other than that he's still pulled along by its flow.

It's not part of Kirito's standard equipment, so no.

Also my vote for inconclusive wasn't added by OP.

So does probability manip + possible precognition + stat amps for Kirito change some opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back