• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts fights "the Black Swordsman"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went through scans trying to find Precognition, however it seemed like the SAO wiki is wrong.

The Outside System Skill precognition isn't real precognition.

It doesn't change my arguments though, since I argued my points without needing precognition as a crutch. It was just a nice addition.

Hypersense can detect killing intent when Guts tries to trick Kirito with his playing dead or fooling tactics anyways though, so that's still an advantage.

He doesn't go for the sword itself though, he goes for the weakpoints of the said sword which would most likely be the grip of the Dragonslayer. I doubt he'd go for it though given the risks of doing it.

What risk? Unless I am missing it, he can take at least a hit or two and has no reason not to take his chances after battling Guts for even a bit. Noticing he's very skilled swordsman won't take time.

I added an extra argument that needs to be addressed, and there's votes for Inconclusive. In the rules if there are arguments and votes for another, even if there's 7 votes, the thread can still go on and possibly change.

Nobody addressed whether or not Incarnation, stat amp, and Hypersense will affect anything in the match yet.

>Ability to turn off pain

Kirito has passive pain resistance and is used to fighting people that feel no pain.

> Unstoppable willpower

Incarnation would like a word with you.

I'm actually gonna do some arguing instead of joking around, but since I ain't to well versed in the Berserk world, someone might have to correct me If I say something about Guts that's incorrect. also, all these people defending guts, if we did it by the character pages on the wiki, at their strongest, then kirito stomps. Guts would have no chance of even touching Kirito

They are 8-B, which I am assuming means SAO Kirito. Kirito has all of his skills, and two swords. attack potency, Kirito has the upper hand with large building level, compared to Guts' small building level. I don't know what Guts' speed level is at with the berserker armor is, but I do know that speed is equalized, which means the only way to gain an upperhand on this front is outside resources, such as magical armor, OR, sword skills. Kirito's sword skills also grant stat boosts. so, until further notice, kirito outspeeds. They tie in lifting strength, at class 5. striking strength wise, Kirito FAR outdoes Guts, who only has small building, compared to Kirito's city block level. when It comes to durability, they tie with city block levels of durability. when talking stamina, Kirito completely STOMPS Guts, where Kirito is vastly superhuman, whereas guts is only "extremely high" and "significantly higher". While Guts DOES outrange Kirito, we can easily see who the true winner here is. POINT GOES TO KIRITO

@ Psycho all VR avatars have virtually infinite stamina, at least physically. This is something stated time and time again in the light novels. That's something that needs to be changed in the profiles.

Anyways, @Kiri I'm gonna have to correct one thing. Kirito and Guts are both City Block level here, though with Kirito still likely having higher Attack Potency.

Kirito is used to fighting enemies who don't stay down, such as practically every single monster in SAO, which will keep on fighting even if their limbs are chopped off.

via Kirito's pain resistance, he can still continue to fight even if his limbs are chopped off as well (as demonstrated when against Kuradeel or Sugou (where he didn't even have pain resistance)).

Xmark12 said:
via Kirito's pain resistance, he can still continue to fight even if his limbs are chopped off as well (as demonstrated when against Kuradeel or Sugou (where he didn't even have pain resistance)).
What about an arm cannon to face!

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
Xmark12 said:
What about an arm cannon to face!
because this is game Kirito (who is already immensely stronger than Guts) It is literally impossible for him to feel pain

Xmark12 said:
@ Psycho all VR avatars have virtually infinite stamina, at least physically. This is something stated time and time again in the light novels. That's something that needs to be changed in the profiles.
Anyways, @Kiri I'm gonna have to correct one thing. Kirito and Guts are both City Block level here, though with Kirito still likely having higher Attack Potency.
I have been trying to use SAO Kirito for my comparisons, if it were Star King Kirito, this would have been an absolute stomp

Who would win?

A powerful arm cannon that can shoot explosives or arrows that destroy demons vs one dodgy boi.

But yeah I think Kirito can dodge that. Speed equal and all and it has to be instant to be used.

Vandareer said:
Guts takes this. The berserker armor would be too much for Kirito to handle
Stat amp and speed equal alone is enough to keep up. Even then Kirito has virtually infinite physical stamina via his VR avatar and cam also feel no pain like Guts does. This also isn't including his Battle Healing as well.

Also Starburst Stream could potentially one shot Guts if it's landed cleanly, since Kirito already has more AP than Guts. Starburst Stream is a massive amp that killed a boss he wasn't able to budge before. That or it can be chained into Eclipse.

I'll change my vote since for reasons.

Kirito via incarnation, resistance to pain, stat amp, and inf physical stamina, and superior AP

@Hagane that isn't a reason for Guts to win.

Nobody made arguments against my point yet.

Since Hajime messaged me back into this thread, I'm going to

completely agree with mark's points and say they're pretty evenly matched but Kirito has amps regen and incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back