• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts fights "the Black Swordsman"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guts vastly outskills cause his skills are justified lol

.... Ordinal Scale was everything wrong with A-1s adaption of SAO

and they have around the same AP (Kirito is vastly backscaled from AINCRAD) so it's a clear cut win

I mean, it's same AP, same speed, Kirito has sword skills I guess but Guts is kinda

guts

I'd vote Guts, the guy has a notable edge in skill and experience as well as being willing to take the pain to get an opening (all of which is needed in this fight)

I....could argue that Kirito was more skilled than Guts at this time, but Guts still has an experience advantage.

I'm holding my vote for now.

Warren Valion said:
I really want Kirito to make a comeback and win this.
>Ordinal Scale Kirito, IE, not well written kirito

>"I really want him to make a comeback"

[IMG alt="Soulja boy "what the **** is wrong with you" meme-2"]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/b/bf/Soulja_boy_%E2%80%9Cwhat_the_fuck_is_wrong_with_you%E2%80%9D_meme-2/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/670?cb=20190107035701[/IMG]
Soulja boy "what the **** is wrong with you" meme-2

Okay that's aggressive but legit why tho

like, as a person who likes the good parts of SAO, which are there (Though a majority is absolutely in no thanks to A-1)

why

OS Kirito didn´t have that sword that can destroy bosses hit a single slash? I think that should have a lot of AP and should be enough to defeat Guts even if he is using berserker armor. Also Kirito have real regen to recover from explosives, bows and some cuts of Dragon slayer

Said bosses cap at High 8-C while Guts can take 20 to 45 ton, IE, City Block level, impacts.

Regen is slow and doesn't help as much against high damage impacts which Guts is more then capable of pulling off

I think Kirito was high 8-C in his battle with Gleamed Eyes (74th floor boss), but remember that in the movie he one shoot even higher bosses casually. So maybe is safe to say that he is City Block level too.

I mencioned regen to keep him safe from bows and explosives that Guts carry.

Also while is true that Guts have more experience being in a lot of battles (despite that most of them was battles with other humans),Kirito have the Sword Skills which let him make some attacks that in the world of Guts just high trained could do

Baseline to Guts being a bit above that

Sword Skills are temporary and have cooldown, and regen would take a long time to recover from severe damage like what explosives would end up causing. Besides, Kirito's Sword Skills are mostly fancy lights and statistics amplification. It's not like it's particularly special or hard for guts to handle.

He's fought plenty of very dangerous demons that could have oneshoted him at any moment and still got through it.

Wait, okay, let's compare AP and dura here. From Guts' profile he can handle 1.2 Tons normally, and the Dragonslayer can take 45 Tons.

Now let's see Kirito.

He can take a hit or two from 78.35 Tons, and can dish out a less than that.

Guts: Approx 45 Tons w/ Dragonslayer.

Kirito: A bit lower than 78.35 Tons, but definitely still higher than 45.

Kirito has at most a 1.7x AP/dura advantage, and knowing Kirito's experience with breaking blades via Arms Blast, he could possibly find a good area to shatter the Dragonslayer.

I'd say I'm going inconclusive to be honest. Guts may have more experience, but Kirito has higher AP and dura and is definitely not a slouch in the experience department either (remember he fights other Players too), and both of them arguably have similar variety in attacks. Guts may have range, but Kirito has a loooot of gap closers and mix-ups. This isn't including all the amps Kirito gets with Sword Skills, esp with Dual Blades doubling his speed.

Also speed should be equalized here.

He can take 20 ton impacts as well.

Not to mention Kirito is vastly backscaled from AINCRAD, so I wouldn't say he's over 45.

Almost everyone guts ends up in an actual fight with and not just some stomp is physically superior to him in some way, whether it be speed, strength, durability, or all 3 at once. As this thread doesn't specify, it seems like we're using betserker armor. This means guts himself has AP comparable to the durability of Dragonslayer, as he scales to a guy who damaged it when it took no damage from Schierke's fire wheel. His personal durability doesn't scale fully since he injures himself by hitting too hard, but it shouldn't be too far below.

What are kirito's skill/experience feats like?

Even if Guts is a bit above, Kirito attacks should hurt him for sure.

They have cooldown but Kirito have many of them. Also his mini grenades aren´t that powerfull, just his arm canon could be dangeorus.

Guts also uses that canon arm quite often. So, if he gets a hold of Kirito, he would just point it at his head or chest and blow him up.

I know Guts has experience fighting with people stronger than him, I'm just saying Kirito's no slouch either in that department (case in point boss fights).

Kirito can:

• Analyze an opponent's (no matter if it's NPC or Player) attack patterns/usual method of attacks within seconds.
  • Perfectly find a weakpoint in a weapon to break it in one hit (This is what the Arms Blast Outside System Skill is all about).
  • Fight multiple enemies at the same time around his level or higher (This is mostly NPCs, however remember SAO NPCs are difficult to distinguish from real enemies since their attack patterns are hard to figure out at first glance, however Kirito can figure them out within seconds. Example: Kagachi the Samurai Lord's boss battle, which can be seen on YouTube).
  • He has quick thinking, not just quick reflexes. He uses the environment to his advantage to take out his enemies faster, or of course his other Outside System Skills, such as Mislead (Note that Outside System Skill means that the system doesn't help you use those skills, so it's possible to do all of these skills in real life).
I'm not saying that Kirito's experience is as much as Guts (God no it isn't), but he has over 2 years fighting daily for hours on end with not only NPCs, but also other Players.

Also @Kyle this battle was done way back when. Twice. First one Guts was winning cuz of AP advantage iirc, and second Kirito was winning cuz of AP advantage. Now Kirito has AP advantage again, and it's basically the same thing as the 2nd time they fought.

I mean, does Guts's armor have any weakness? I have never seen someone actually go for a weakpoint in Berserk at all.

Guts at the Golden Age could fight 100 men at once, so, fighting NPCs is not that big of a feat in comparison.

The type 2 immortality and painlessness of Berserker Armor is actually pretty important here. Kirito is used to fighting people who actually react to pain as normal. Even without the armor guts is willing to take facial impalement so he can chomp down on the stinger of an apostle to hold on to her and kill her. There was also the one time he allowed himself to be impaled to get a clear shot. He doesn't respond to hits like anormal person would even in base, and with the armor on not at all. Seems like it'd be the type of thing that would throw Kirito off. He's also just straight up hard to kill due to type 2. The Berserker Armor can do a pretty good job of holding him together, though it won't heal him.

As for the analysis thing, he was able to obfusciate the fact that he's got actual proficiency with the sword instead of just swinging it around aimlessly. His greater experience should also mean he's harder to figure out anyways.

Beserker armor would just ignore all of the pain Kirito's stabs would do and just go for the kill instantly. Which weakness could Kirito even detect at this point? That guts went nuts?

Anyways, voting guts due to my reasons and the others stated above. Being physically inferior is a thing he deals with pretty often, and many of the apostles aren't exactly mere brutes devoid of skill or strategy themselves.

Going to sleep.

Guts for better experience, pain tolerance and... well... guts.

Wokistan said:
The type 2 immortality and painlessness of Berserker Armor is actually pretty important here. Kirito is used to fighting people who actually react to pain as normal. Even without the armor guts is willing to take facial impalement so he can chomp down on the stinger of an apostle to hold on to her and kill her. There was also the one time he allowed himself to be impaled to get a clear shot. He doesn't respond to hits like anormal person would even in base, and with the armor on not at all. Seems like it'd be the type of thing that would throw Kirito off. He's also just straight up hard to kill due to type 2. The Berserker Armor can do a pretty good job of holding him together, though it won't heal him.
As for the analysis thing, he was able to obfusciate the fact that he's got actual proficiency with the sword instead of just swinging it around aimlessly. His greater experience should also mean he's harder to figure out anyways.
One flaw... everyone in the SAO game has resistance to pai.

Kirito is more than familiar with people keep on going with arms ripped off and swords in their stomachs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back