• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gunvolt Revisions discussion thread

Stuff people actually care about

Basically, I now agree with SombodyData. The OVA/Composite key should go. This is for one reason. The AP we use for it is from, basically, an unrelated feat. While Red Hot Chilli Pepper and Gunvolt both caused blackouts, RHCP did it by absorbing the electricity while GV did it by (Most likely) overloading the system. The latter is nearly impossible to calculate, as well. But, there is good news.

Before, I believed that Tenjian's city freezing feat was one area at a time. In hindsight, this was kind of dumb on my part. Most of the areas he freezes over in the level are either places where Eden troops are stationed (And the Eden generals sans Teseo do genuinly care about their underlings) or inside (and as such wouldn't be frozen over initially). But, there's still enough doubt about the city freezing that it the 8-C or something I'll explain later.

One good feat I remembered is this. If atomically destroying Japan yields Planet level+ AP and just freezing someone without Absolute Zero on the molecular level is Small Building level, that would be somewhere to start. Molcularly freezing someone (Something Tenjian has most definately done at some point) would probably how some good AP. Another feat is Tenjian froze a town. He also froze a city, but he seemingly only froze over the city, meaning freezing the town (Expecially with him freezing things at the molecular level), is probably more impressive. The problem with the town feat is, even though it's on the Gunvolt wiki, I can't seem to see any citation for it nor find the origin of it. So if anyone can help with that, that would be great. Basically, here's the idea.

The statement for freezing over the city (Go to 0:27)

Tier: At least 8-C/Whatever Molecularly freezing a person at AZ is, likely Whatever Tenjian's city/town freezing is Obviously the 100x multiplier to Anthem'd forms would apply to this as well.

I've already requested the feats be calc'd.

Striking Strength stuff
Basically, in the novel a pretty much normal human survived an attack from somebody with the same septima as Viper with minimal injuries. Heck, they were a high schooler. Since normal humans should be logically able to harm one another and Adepts should be superior to normal humans, every Adept who's Striking Strength doesn't scale to AP currently (Gunvolt, Merak and Elise if I'm not mistaken)

Whatever the hell this is (Major Spoilers for Gunvolt 1)
After fighting Nova for the first time, Gunvolt gets shot and killed by Asimov. You get booted back to the title screen after saving your game. Then, this conversatio (Go to 16:45) between GV and Joule happens.

This conversation is likely canon, too. It's impossible to not get it, as to get the 7 Jewels for Joule so she can give you the item for the good ending you have to speak to her, witch is impossible initially since she gets kidnapped by a resurrected Merak. You can only give her the jewels for the good ending after getting the bad ending. This isn't some kind of time travel shenanigans, either, because Lumen outright says that you can't change the past.

So yeah. What actually is this whole thing? Would it grant a power? Would it not? What the hell is it?

Current Propositions
Tenjain froze over a city and somebody should calc that

Characters who's Striking Strength currently isn't should be Building level

Gunvolt 1's ending is Causality Manipulation for Joule

Post-Revision profiles
I made some profiles for what the profiles would look like after revisions, assuming they all go through.

Gunvolt

Joule

Nova

Cope

There's Esdeath who froze a river. Though that calculation is easier since we know that the material is water.

Without knowing things like the material, volume frozen, etc, calculating the energy required to freeze over an entire city is likely not possible. But it is likely much better to ask a calc group member to comment on this thread. Or simply send them the feat on their wall.

Alright. You know a good one to send the feat to? They said frozen over, so he didn't freeze the city itself, just froze it over.

There is nothing I can add to this. I might like Gunvolt but I ain't no expert about the series sorry.

1: I agree, even if that means 2-A GV via Blade Stranglers is a no and also ruins the Pulseman match.

2: I´m fine with the Lifting Strength upgrade

3: This sounds like a Causality Manipulation similar to Sora´s, meaning that if we take that, Gunvolt gets via Joule Causality Manipulation and Resurrection.

1: 2-A via BS wasn't happening anyway. Also sorry about the Pulseman match.

2: You mean striking strength?

3: Wait GER vs GV is fair now?

2: Yes, sorry, I was in a hurry

3: No, it would be basically a mismatch as neither of them have a wincon to begin with.

Note that he probably lost this power as he also lost Joule right after the second game, meaning that it can be used while being Anthem´d by Joule in the Low 7-C key, but not Post Reverie Zonda.

That makes sense

Also, I realized that Teseo's building digitization might be able to be used for energy conversion.

Is that method clearly stated to be such? Because, as you can see by the equation used for it, it can easily lead to absurdly high results.

It says on the website that his septima "Allows him to take physical material and transform it into computer data".

Don't know if it would be actually considered for it, but I'll calc it to the best of my ability just in case. Energy Conversion I can calc pretty well, since it's just a few simple equasions to find the mass of the building and then one simple equasion for the energy yield. Since I won't count and floors or objects (Just the walls, base floor and roof) it'll be a bit of a low end anyway.

By the way, in which systems did the second came came out for? Maybe I can find the whole sprite of that area to then just make a simple pixel scaling calc to get the distance.

Edit: Nope, the 3DS and Switch sections lack it, so you probably will have to make a bunch of screenshots or something.

My edit of the reply above is a reply to what you said pretty much.

Good luck with the screenshots or something.

You don't go through the entire building, so just calcing the size by an average building is better.

Now I just need a way to calculate a hollow rectangular prism

Alright I tried to calc Tenjian's city freezing feat but I failed so hard I only got 9-A yields. So really all I have is how thick the ice is. Enjoy.

Back