• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gunvolt Revisions discussion thread

The space he froze is a city. An average city is probably the best (You don't go through the whole city)

I think there was just a statement for only the hotel being frozen.

Any statements regarding freezing a whole city?

@Bobsican

Statement from Gunvolt's breifing for Tenjian's stage:

"Heads Up GV. Eden's taken over a nearby city. They covered it in ice and brought everything to a standstill"

@Smashtwig

If not Gunvolt, who was keeping close tabs on Eden, somebody with as many resources as Copen, who was also keeping close tabs on Eden, would have found out about the city before it finished freezing if Tenjian froze it one area at a time.

It's still kinda a big stretch, but there isn't really any evidence against it except for the stage design, and the stage evidence is more gameplay stuff anyway

Ah, nvm I see it now

I feel like that's too complicated, I'd think readers would prefer just seperating it by ASG1 and ASG2

Love Cage is Zonda'a ability that weakned Joule. I'll try to make it easier to understand.

Also it being a bit of a strech is why 8-C would stay.

Any comments on the Causailty Manipulation for Joule?

It would be if she resurrected him like she did in that one fight with Tenjian (Aka, no "retcon" stuff and just sudden revival), which wasn´t in this case, leading into Resurrection AND Causality Manip from Joule´s part.

Basically, spoilers for Gunvolt 1,

Big bad shoots Gunvolt and Joule dead, then Gunvolt comes back into his apartment. Joule and Lumen suggest Gunvolt give them a thing, he does (Note that Joule was kidnapped before he could possible give it to her before), Joule give Gunvolt a thing and thanks to said thing he lives, is the short version. A better explanation and a link is in the OP.

I think I found a better (And more importantly, possible to calc, feat)

Nova's ultimate attack, a massive fireball that may or may not be a star (Probably not).

I doubt that can be scaled to Gunvolt since it's an OHKO. IDK how it's calcable at all. It's DEFINITELY not a star, I wouldn't get overhyped about it.

Though I feel like Zonda changing the landscape of a level in GV1 can mean something, while in that stage, it's an illusion, Zonda in GV2 can make it a reality

At best it´s just a giant fireball, but you likely can use some standard explosion calc for a low-end.

One shotting in this case doesn´t appear to be from an AP stomp, but rather the heat negating dura.

@Bob

Either way, he uses it pretty casually (Nova can still use all of his attacks just after using the fireball) so everyone could downscale from it. At least it's something.

@Smash

I doubt that feat for Zonda (I'm assuming the "Making it reality" thing is referring to Reverie Zonda) is higher then where Reverie Zonda currently is.

Bump

Also Nova's feat appears to be only 8-C from a little research I've done. So we're back to needing a way to calculate Tenjian's absolute mess of a feat.

Part of me wants to make it baseline 7-B and call it a day.

Most people that have actually addressed it agree on Causality Manipulation for Joule.

Nobody seems to have addressed the 8-C striking strength for characters that don't already have it.

We're still waiting on a city freezing calc or a calc on Nova's fireball (Though from a little bit of sandboxing on my part it dosn't look like an upgrade), but I might have another feat (A microchip that the item description says uses tiny black holes). That might be an upgrade because Black Holes are ridiculous but it's also incredibly small (A small conponent of a Microchip).

Okay. I will unsubscribe from this thread then. You can send me a message if you reach a conclusion and need my help with something.

Microchip? Where do you keep getting these things? Are these like the materials you use to Synth stuff with?

Considering it's integrated into his gear and Copen's they probably could scale. Heck, since it's a high-end microchip, probably a lot Sumeragi mechs use it, too.

The Smashor said:
Most people that have actually addressed it agree on Causality Manipulation for Joule.
Nobody seems to have addressed the 8-C striking strength for characters that don't already have it.

We're still waiting on a city freezing calc or a calc on Nova's fireball (Though from a little bit of sandboxing on my part it dosn't look like an upgrade), but I might have another feat (A microchip that the item description says uses tiny black holes). That might be an upgrade because Black Holes are ridiculous but it's also incredibly small (A small conponent of a Microchip).
1: 8-C Striking scaling is fine

2: The microchip is not applicable/outlier, as if you didn´t knew, black holes are at the very least tier 5 from my knowledge.

Yeah, true. With some attempted calcs, the black hole would need to have a Schwartzchild Radius of about 0.000000000000000000000001 millimeters to be a reasonable weight for a microchip.

I think the developers just wanted to sound cool and Sci-Fi and didn't know that what they said would be ludicrously impractical.

So, has anyone figured out how to calc Tenjian's city freezing feat yet?

Also, since everyone involved agrees with everything proposed and we're just waiting on a calc for Tenjian's feat, should the current revisions be put in place?

The Smashor said:
So, has anyone figured out how to calc Tenjian's city freezing feat yet?
Maybe if you just converted the energy needed to lower the "normal" temperature of a town to be below 0 Celsius degrees with an approximate timeframe or something like that?

That sounds like it could work.

The timeframe probably was pretty fast, since Copen and GV didn't notice until it had already been frozen. I'd say a minate at most.

I finished the ones that have any major ability changes excluding Nova. Unfortunately, I have to do something else at the moment. Mind finishing the revisions for me? Just remove the Composite keys.

I have homework to do now, sorry.

And Gunvolt´s AP section is a mess in formatting...

I´ve tried to fix it, but failed...

Back