• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guilty Gear: Wait... What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're still compiling most of the physical feats so far, but I think there's still Jack-O's rider kick that's still linked to her page that got up to large moon level.
Before we use that can I make a thread on GG’s instant kills first. I don’t see why they considered canon, especially since Blazblue’s instant kills are considered non canon and that game is made by the same company.

Before we use that can I make a thread on GG’s instant kills first. I don’t see why they considered canon, especially since Blazblue’s instant kills are considered non canon and that game is made by the same company.
It's because instant kills were consistently used the all the novels. GG lightning the argent, Guilty gear drama CD night of knives, Gear gear Drama CD Golden disk, GG drama CD side red and side black. And these drama CDs are cannon and very big missing puzzle pieces to alot of Guilty gear's mainline cannon.

On one hand I still have a bit to say on instant kills, but I don’t know how to properly say it so I will go to something more important.

I noticed two problems with Jack-Os calc.

1) I don’t think the earth was drawn accurately in the calc, the red line goes through the earth in the feats picture, I don’t know how to post pictures so I may make a google doc to show what I mean.

2) Earth curvature calcs were revised after that calc was maded. I think the screen maybe too close to the Earth for it to be calced by our new standards.

Actually after relooking at it the red line isn’t as far off as I taught, it’s still off, but by like a cm.

I’ll go reread the curvature revision right now, I’ll be back. I’ll probably be fine with the feat.

Edit: So the thread that changed curvature calcs has all of its bad examples not working right now, but all of its correct examples working. Comparing Jack-Os feat to the correct examples it looks a bit closer to the last remaining bad example than the good examples, but I’ll post the thread and see what other people think: https://vsbattles.com/threads/crimes-against-curvature.51603/

Last edited:
I only accepted the Backyard itself being Low 1-C back when the threads were done, and left whatever else for people who actually knew the verse. Since this thread seems focused on specific scaling and the like, I can't really input here, sorry.
Okay. No problem.

I mean. That doesn’t include the 1200 mile wide gash in the Earth Justice’s feat also made. So we would still need to calc justice’s feat.
Is somebody here able to do so, or should I ask for some help?

I mean. That doesn’t include the 1200 mile wide gash in the Earth Justice’s feat also made. So we would still need to calc justice’s feat.
It's an issue that there isn't any other metric given tho, we don't know EITHER the depth OR the length.

Like I feel it's kinda unquantifiable by a singular wording.

In general the post was moreso "we have the (supposed) hard part done already", gash would've always been calc'd separate and added to the Japan vap yield

It's an issue that there isn't any other metric given tho, we don't know EITHER the depth OR the length.

In general the post was moreso "we have the (supposed) hard part done already", gash would've always been calc'd separate and added to the Japan vap yield
The scar is described as hitting the bottom of the ocean so it's mostly likely at depth of the below sea level.

Last edited:
The scar is described as hitting the bottom of the ocean so it's mostly likely at depth of the below sea level.
You pretty already got a good volume metric to work with, height evaluation of Japan × 1200 miles in diameter × the depth of the ocean.

I'm kinda regretting saying that Guilty gear extra wasn't cannon cause I had literally found a infinite power statement right under my nose on page 17 of chapter 8 of all places.

That doesn’t prove he’s as physically strong as it. All that means is the information flare will spread faster. He isn’t physically moving or altaring the flare, him being in that state just has the flare naturally increase faster. It’s still from his passive existence. It’s just that dragon install’s passive existence is worse (or better depending on how you word it) than base Sol’s.

Heck the last thing Sol wants is for the information flare to happen, so it really is just his existence causing it and he can’t do anything about it. He’s actively trying to not have it happen, not the other way around.
I hate to be that guy that backtracks on previous statements but how would that still not amplification he can scale to, not to mention the dragon install and the speed of Adam are two separate things given that sol's still able to dragon install post Strive story. So it can't just be a hax only stat amp caused by his existence.

because the flares aren't caused by him becoming stronger, but by the seed growing faster while he's in that state

Also Sol being able to go Dragon Install post-Strive story is non-canon, as he lost his seed, he's not even a Gear anymore

because the flares aren't caused by him becoming stronger, but by the seed growing faster while he's in that state

Also Sol being able to go Dragon Install post-Strive story is non-canon, as he lost his seed, he's not even a Gear anymore
Wrong, after he lost his seed he said he was mostly human not completely human. Plus you gotta prove heavy mob century ain't cannon to the arcade after story. Cause supers and instant kills are cannon through out even the novels and drama CDs so you can't even say supers can't be cannon for even strive cause Ky can dragon install and he just has the blood of juno giving him the gear cells not even the full seed.

Japan is 1200 miles long from its northernmost point in Hokkaido to its southernmost point in Kagoshima, so...

I guess one could account for the gash by also adding an additional 6000-7000 meters worth of height from the oceanic crust on top of Japan's average elevation.

That's all I got to contribute here.

Japan is 1200 miles long from its northernmost point in Hokkaido to its southernmost point in Kagoshima, so...

I guess one could account for the gash by also adding an additional 6000-7000 meters worth of height from the oceanic crust on top of Japan's average elevation.

That's all I got to contribute here.
Can calc this by substituting values from the original Japan Vaporization calc, just changes elevation to 6k/7k

Sounds worth a try? Because I can whip this in a dsy then

Just want to say sorry for not commenting in a while. I was at work all day. I may comment later, though I now know how to explain why I think using Jack-o’s instant kill would be a bit weird. Though I haven’t read the manga’s I’ve just played all the games. Did Jack-o ever us her instant kill in the manga?

Just want to say sorry for not commenting in a while. I was at work all day. I may comment later, though I now know how to explain why I think using Jack-o’s instant kill would be a bit weird. Though I haven’t read the manga’s I’ve just played all the games. Did Jack-o ever us her instant kill in the manga?
Jack-O wasn't in the manga, definitely not the extra manga that's way back in the GGXX timeline she wasn't even hinted at in like the latter end of the lightning the argent novel. And outside of say like the digest manga (which is the short version of GG timeline that sorta skims some Important stuff if you played the games) alot of other manga are like Japan exlcuse, no translation, heck most of I don't even know if daisuke helped write/approve some of these. So I personally wouldn't touch anything GG manga related cause those hit into fanmade territory.

Ok so, she wasn’t even a thing at that time, then why would her instant kill be canon? She never uses it in the story at any point. Guilty Gear’s instant kill would be like Blazblue they are only canon if the story uses them, because they often contradict the story a lot of the time. Like May’s instant kill would have all the characters die from being shot out of a canon, and Dizzy’s has everyone surrender from a, at best, tier 7 explosion.

Ok so, she wasn’t even a thing at that time, then why would her instant kill be canon? She never uses it in the story at any point. Guilty Gear’s instant kill would be like Blazblue they are only canon if the story uses them, because they often contradict the story a lot of the time. Like May’s instant kill would have all the characters die from being shot out of a canon, and Dizzy’s has everyone surrender from a, at best, tier 7 explosion.
Just because there's no new audio novels or parts of the mainline story of the games using IKs in story doesn't instantly devalue all the other IKs in later installments. For obvious reasons why daisuke doesn't do that outside of say the for mentioned audio novels is obviously he doesn't wanna pull a mortal kombat where he has revive a mainline character who got killed by the other character's IK. Also, quit using the blazblue comparison please cause that's really not a good comparison narrative wise.

They are made by the same company and do the same thing. Blazblue has characters use their instant kills throughout multiple stories, but we only include the ones from the story and ignore all the others as non canon.

Jack-o didn’t even exist in the novels that say the characters can do instant kills. Plus Jack-o does her moon feat with barely any effort while I-no’s moon feat is an ultimatum against everyone else and Justice’s Japan feat took a ton of effort.

They are made by the same company and do the same thing. Blazblue has characters use their instant kills throughout multiple stories, but we only include the ones from the story and ignore all the others as non canon.
No not even close, that's only if you looking at this from arch system works standpoint which aren't the game dev team Guilty gear has Team Red and Blazblue has team blue. And the only reason team blue exists is cause team red lost rights to guilty gear when guilty gear overture was made. So one quit using the narrative that Guilty gear has to be on the exact beat for beat consistency for how many times IKs were used in story. Plus how are you sure they're even used consistently in BB's story through every single game.
Jack-o didn’t even exist in the novels that say the characters can do instant kills. Plus Jack-o does her moon feat with barely any effort while I-no’s moon feat is an ultimatum against everyone else and Justice’s Japan feat took a ton of effort.
I wasn't saying she didn't exist she was hinted at in the lightning the argent novel as in the background as mystery voice that talked with raven, I-no and asuka implied to be one of that man's affiliates. How is that even good comparison like did you not look at those side to side, Jack-O gets tossed into space the dive kicks straight into the planet when I-no just holds out her hand and just yoinks the moon in closer. Plus I'm starting to see a very big pattern we're most of everyone here can't tell the big difference between Destructive capability and Attack potency, where destructive capability is how much destruction you can produce and attack potency is degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level. But I'm pretty sure there's a misconception between these two terms is why this thread is even made.

No the difference hear isn’t from ap and destructive capability. The difference here is that Jack-O does her moon level feat for kicks (as in for fun) and laughs it off afterwards. While I-no needed hax to do her feat and it said it was an ultimatum against the other characters, with the characters agreeing that it would kill them. Jack-O feat is clearly an outlier in that regards. Which compounds the fact that we have no evidence it happens in canon.

No the difference hear isn’t from ap and destructive capability. The difference here is that Jack-O does her moon level feat for kicks (as in for fun) and laughs it off afterwards. While I-no needed hax to do her feat and it said it was an ultimatum against the other characters, with the characters agreeing that it would kill them. Jack-O feat is clearly an outlier in that regards. Which compounds the fact that we have no evidence it happens in canon.
No, if anything I-no's moon feat was a bluff to show off her power plus using this narrative of this hax being a outlier in comparison to a physical feat is still very bad cause that's saying the full totality of the backyard is only moon level blaintly trying to using visual feats to discredit all the evidence statements on the backyard.

How would it be a bluff in any way. She threaten the main characters with it and they were threatened. That’s not a bluff. Even if it was a bluff the characters fell for it hook line and sinker and were terrified of the moon.

She can’t be the backyard. If she was the backyard would have been destroyed when she was obliterated. Since the backyard is perfectly fine that means she’s not the backyard. Plus having power over something doesn’t mean the power is inherently physical. Especially since she thought a moon would kill people comparable to her and the other characters clearly agreed.

Edit I’m going to bed soon so I won’t be able to respond. I will still be here for a bit but that’s to discuss a calc on another thread.

Last edited:
She can’t be the backyard. If she was the backyard would have been destroyed when she was obliterated. Since the backyard is perfectly fine that means she’s not the backyard. Plus having power over something doesn’t mean the power is inherently physical. Especially since she thought a moon would kill people comparable to her and the other characters clearly agreed.
This is what I was trying to explain in a another thread with her having abstract existence type 2, plus you forgetting the after story with happy chaos still existing, her sending megumi to the current world and the after story arcade for I-no still being alive and how she references how she lost her Godhood.
How would it be a bluff in any way. She threaten the main characters with it and they were threatened. That’s not a bluff. Even if it was a bluff the characters fell for it hook line and sinker and were terrified of the moon.
Your still riding on this point, it was a bluff cause she didn't try it again after she saw ky dragon install. Plus ky still fought her anyway even though he knows she can do this at any point and time. Doesn't even use this one sol when he's loading up the outrage. Also if you knew anything about Ky's character he takes takes protecting the people first over his own life pretty much like he died in Rome in GG drama CD red and black: side red. So ofcourse Ky would be worried as all hell if all of humanity got killed by the moon face first into the planet.

“abstract existence type 2”

If she is just reliant on it then that doesn’t mean it should scale to her.

If she is it then it should have been destroyed with her.

I can think of many characters that have abstract type 2 and don’t scale to the concept they are abstracts of.

Though going into Ky fighting her 1) Ky let Sol doom humanity, from his perspective, like a minute later because he just stood there while Sol chose Jack-O over humanity. 2) Ky was threatened in the first place. It doesn’t matter that he decided to fight her. She threatened him with the moon and he thought it would have killed him, that’s all that matters.

..what are you two discussing?
Whether I-No’s god form would scale to the backyard via being it.

I don’t think it’s really the case (or at least death of the author) and I don’t think it wouldn’t matter anyways because her moon feat (done through hax) was an ultimatum that threatened to kill the other characters. Ikelaggan says it’s a bluff, I don’t see how it would be because she used it as a threat and it worked. And the only reason it stopped working is because Ky completely misunderstood it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back