• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ego knows the biological functions of what could be millions of species. How else would he be able to procreate with them?

Gwynbleiddd said:
The planet seeding isn't an Attack Potency feat so i'm against using the GBE of the planets to quantify it."Unknown with prep and a second celestial" is fine.
Mind explaining how it's not an AP fea

@Natse

For the same reason a tree growing from a sapling to a redwood isn't indicative the tree has small building level AP.

@Natse Imagine controlling a bunch of humans, who are millions of kilometers away from each other.

That's the kind of thing Ego would do on a larger scale.

@Gwyn

No, it's not.

Ego needed a power doubling to be capable of causing sprouts to quickly grow all cross planets over the entire universe and quickly encompassing them, thus transferring them to his body. When he was done all of said planets would belong to his body, and in that case combined GBEs would be a definitely acceptable way of scaling.

There's really only one thing I semi disagree with, as pointed out earlier.

"Managed to open a tiny wound on him after constant firing"

They didn't make that wound, that was a scar, but I don't think that discredits the feat itself.

Natse said:
How many planets did they say Ego planted his seeds on again?
I have the scene here, hold up.

EDIT: I guarantee my match is off, but I counted 15 planets, provided I made sure not to recount once the seen rotated.

Pretty sure there's more than fifteen since Peter keeps saying that the universe is in danger from Ego's seeds.

That claim is most likely extreme hyperbole.

Which of the suggested changes have been agreed upon?

Just rewatched the scene where Ego explains his plan. He claims that thousands of planets had his seeds planted in them. Consider 1000 or, stretching that, even 5000 to be the bare minimum he managed to accomplish and get the GBE from that.

I also rewatched the scene where Ego eliminates the Sovereign fleet and he did it with like three large energy blasts. Maybe an 8-A for Ego's avatar is warranted but it's gonna need a better look.

As for the Expansion feat, Ego shows off that the seeds he has planted grow really deep into the planet implying that he really is using the planet's energy itself to help fuel his seeds. Using the GBE of Jupiter and a planet count of 5000, 1.0 x 10^40 J of energy is exerted for the Expansion, making it at least Dwarf Star level+. I'd say that's a reasonable lowball.

Has Ego vaporizing the Sovereign fleet been calced, yet?

Also, I noticed this when rewatching the film, but shouldn't Star-Lord connected to Ego's powers be significantly above Ego's avatar? The fight between the two seems to be established as Peter vs Ego, not Peter vs Ego's avatar. As we see when Peter first shoots up the avatar, or when the avatar is crushed with Yondu's ship, bodily harm or even complete destruction has no effect on Ego's true self, as the avatar is just a tiny manifestation. However, when Peter starts wailing on Ego, who at this point was using his planetary form itself alongside his human avatar, it clearly damages the real entity, and everything it's doing, be it trying to ground Yondu's ship on the surface or crush Nebula and Gamora below the core, is halted as it basically recoils in pain.

On top of that, Ego only using the power of its avatar against Peter wouldn't make sense, since draining him was its entire goal, and the two fought directly next to Ego's core/power source.

@Azzy

I'm pretty much more convinced at this point that there's little power difference between Avatar and Full-Body, since Peter didn't need a Planet-sized body to be equal to Ego.

@Matt

That is probable, though perhaps it would only apply when the avatar is close enough to the power source? He did mention having to return to the planet to regenerate his avatar's form, so it's likely that at that proximity, he could also just channel his full power through his manifestation, as well.

That seems possible. I also think am unsure if Ego should just be 5-C or 5-A since his full power *2 could channel the destruction of thousands of planets and absorb them.

I do not think that the feat has been calculated, no.

Well, from what I remember of the movie, the explicit combat feats from both Star-Lord and Ego as they were fighting were rather low-level in quality.

Antvasima said:
I do not think that the feat has been calculated, no.
Well, from what I remember of the movie, the explicit combat feats from both Star-Lord and Ego as they were fighting were rather low-level in quality.
Range =/= AP

I don't see a problem scaling Quill to Ego. Pretty sure they were meant to be equals anyway unless Ego needed some 1/10th more power to set everything off for some reason.

LordXcano said:
I don't see a problem scaling Quill to Ego. Pretty sure they were meant to be equals anyway unless Ego needed some 1/10th more power to set everything off for some reason.
He needed twice his power, he even explains it to Peter.

"There's one problem: A Celestial does not have enough power to do such a feat... But two Celestials..."

@Ant

Because two planets fighting each other wouldn't have the same level of emotional impact or option for fight choreography. Though we still see the fight is actually affecting Ego itself, otherwise nothing would have actually stopped it from killing all of Star-Lord's friends.

Okay. Never mind then. I suppose that the suggestion seems reasonable.

So scrap Avatar Key and rank both Quill and Ego at 5-C, but note on Ego's profile that his Mortal Body grows weaker when away from his core for prolonged periods of time?

I suppose that might be an idea, yes.

Terraforming (or more likely Egoforming) a planet to become part of Ego's mind has absolutely no relationship to the GBE of the planet.

@Azzy Peter was fighting an avatar, Ego's true self is his brain.Ego's actions probably stopped because he lost concentration when Peter attacked him.

I will be rewatching the movie to see if there is indeed a scene where Ego manipulates the entire planet and calc the fleet destruction feat.

Gwynbleiddd said:
Terraforming (or more likely Egoforming) a planet to become part of Ego's mind has absolutely no relationship to the GBE of the planet.
@Azzy Peter was fighting an avatar, Ego's true self is his brain.Ego's actions probably stopped because he lost concentration when Peter attacked him.

I will be rewatching the movie to see if there is indeed a scene where Ego manipulates the entire planet and calc the fleet destruction feat.
Ego can manipulate the entire planet. He puts his face on it.

And yes, channeling the sprouts to spotanteously grow and swallow the planets has to do with AP. Ego specifically notes that he needs power to do it.

@Gwynbleiddd Okay. Thank you for the help.

Gwynbleiddd said:
power=/= GBE of the planet
GBE of the planet is the most practical thing to scale to, since the sprouts would literally cover the entire surface of the planet and then assimilate them into Ego's consciousness expanding his body.

About the Expansion thing:

We don't know the density of Ego's bio(?)mass, but given how easily it crushed everything it moved by I'd say giving it a ridiculously low density of, say, 0.1 g/cm^3 or the density of aerogel shouldn't be too problematic. From there you could get the KE of the Expansion from the scenes where we see it spreading across large areas and then divide it by 2 to get Ego's power.

That might be an idea, yes, although wouldn't it be a rather complicated calculation?

Not particularly. If the Expansion is, say, 10 km tall and wide and it grows outwards 1 km in 1 second that means that, on average, 5e10 m^3/5e12 kg of mass was being moved at 500 m/s for a KE of 6.25e17 J/149 Megatons.

I do think there should be 2 keys for Ego since his avatar got demolished by Peter's guns, though he did regenerate, but he fared much better against Peter's celestial power.

So unless space guns > celestial power, ego did have to relay on all his power to fight Peter.

Also im ok with rating Peter 5-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back