• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be that his avatar is not physically strong, but has access to all his power. Glass Cannons exist.

^

This.

Not so sure about the "may as well just put them at Moon level" part though. He needed Quill to pull off the expansion, and we've never seen him manipulate his whole body at once, just part of it (at best a face manifesting). So wouldn't a calc on the Expansion be preferable since that's his established limit?

@Barry It'd be impossible to tell the depth of the mouth and eyes without a cross-section of Ego or some arbitrary assumptions

People keep saying his face was briefly shown on the planet's surface. When did that happen in the movie because I don't remember that.

Natse said:
People keep saying his face was briefly shown on the planet's surface. When did that happen in the movie because I don't remember that.
When Rocket and Yondu are flying towards the planet to rescue the others. They go around the other side to the one Ego showed them, and there is a massive face taking up like half the planet.

You can also see small portions of it from around the planet's curvature when they initially arrive with Ego.

Thanks. Yeah, it's impossible to tell how much of the planet was manipulated to form his face.

That is true. He even knows where all the Guardians are at the same time because he can feel them through his planet.

Are we gonna get rid of the key for Ego and enact the rest of these changes?

I think that the suggested changes seem acceptable. However, Ego's avatar seems to be a glass cannon, as others have mentioned.

LordXcano said:
@Barry It'd be impossible to tell the depth of the mouth and eyes without a cross-section of Ego or some arbitrary assumptions
Wouldn't assuming the depth to be the same as the shown width be fair? It's true for Humans at least. Sure, it's an assumption but not baseless as there is real world proof.

So, is anybody interested in editing the Ego and Star-Lord pages?

I think 5-C for both of them, but glass cannon durability for Ego's avatar.

Probably something like Small Building level for his avatar but Regen makes it difficult to destroy.

I neglected to mention that I put Ego's avatar's speed at Subsonic based on his flight speed and Unknown for his planet. As for Ego's core, I don't know if Rocket really said that the bomb he made can wipe out the entire Sovereign fleet but if he did, we can just calc how much energy need to wipe out the fleet shown near the beginning.

I don't see a Celestial being lower durability than Thor, Ghost Rider, Hulk, etc. I propose At least City Level, Likely higher scaling from sepposed weaker characters.

I agree that we cannot scale from characters that he has not met.

@Matthew Anyway, has this thread been properly dealt with, so it can be closed?

Antvasima said:
@Matthew Anyway, has this thread been properly dealt with, so it can be closed?
Yes, I think it can.

Ego and Starlord's durability is rather inconclusive and can't be scaled to Thor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back