• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Green lantern (hal Jordan) CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iirc, in that story, Imperiex only released about a planet tier energy. And was going to destroy Earth, which would have caused a chain reaction of sort.

In DC comics, Earth is the epicentre of the multiverse, meaning if you were to destroy it, it will pretty much end all. The guardians explicitly stated that in Sinistro Corps War.

Parallax was caught Off guard and the scan didn't say he needed anti-monitor energy to create a zero hour event. Nothing in the scan even said anything about anti-monitor.
??? Parallax is restrained causally by his metal manipulation and he's not powerful enough to escape Telos' hold and asks to be released. Have you read the entire Zero Hour event before...?
Parallax stated : IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU,HAND IT OVER.
this statement already debunks your claim parallax was cautious of telos or scared of him. Such a statement shows he wasn't even afraid but was threatening him.

Parallax already threatened him and was he handed it over. Parallax decided to attack him.
This kind of habits are common in fictional franchises, especially during deals.
The point? What does threatening someone and ignoring the context of those sequence of pages have to do with Parallax being demonstrably weaker as shown above? Telos even says he should have killed Parallax when he had the chance after he gave up the stone. Are you sure you are reading the dialogue? Telos hands over the stone when Parallax tells him he knows where his family is... you know the thing Arak has been desperate to find the entire 5 issues?

And I don't know why we are debating this as it seems we are derailing from the thread.
The main point of my first post on this thread is Post flashpoint/rebirth Hal does not scale to Zero Hour Parallax, with or without Gauntlet.

Last edited:
??? Parallax is restrained causally by his metal manipulation and he's not powerful enough to escape Telos' hold and asks to be released. Have you read the entire Zero Hour event before...?
Yes like I said caught off guard before all this happened and telos stated he found a weakness to defeat him(headcanon but I think this is the method he meant)
The point? What does threatening someone and ignoring the context of those sequence of pages have to do with Parallax being demonstrably weaker as shown above?
Parallax was never shown weaker than him in their first encounter and certainly isn't scared.
Telos even says he should have killed Parallax when he had the chance after he gave up the stone.
Can you remind me with the scan.
Are you sure you are reading the dialogue? Telos hands over the stone when Parallax tells him he knows where his family is... you know the thing Arak has been desperate to find the entire 5 issues?
Telos only handed it over to him when parallax told him he knows their location as lantern rings collect and report a constant stream of data. Doesn't actually prove parallax was afraid of him since he already threatened him before telling him about his family.
you know the thing Arak has been desperate to find the entire 5 issues?
I know since when arak(telos) attacked and defeated braniac.
The main point of my first post on this thread is Post flashpoint/rebirth Hal does not scale to Zero Hour Parallax, with or without Gauntlet.
I never said he did.

Yes like I said caught off guard before all this happened and telos stated he found a weakness to defeat him(headcanon but I think this is the method he meant)

Parallax was never shown weaker than him in their first encounter and certainly isn't scared.
He's not caught off guard, theres no exclamation or indicator for surprise on the page, he's merely attacked before he can make an action.

"telos stated he found a weakness to defeat him(headcanon but I think this is the method he meant)"
You're mixing up stories now. That "weakness" was Telos figuring out how to turn the singularity against him... Parallax says as much.

Look at the scan... Telos casually restrains Parallax and he's is unable to move or free himself which you keep ignoring. I don't know how you can read the Convergence event and come away with Pre-ZH Parallax being stronger than this Telos.
Can you remind me with the scan.
X
Telos only handed it over to him when parallax told him he knows their location as lantern rings collect and report a constant stream of data. Doesn't actually prove parallax was afraid of him since he already threatened him before telling him about his family.
? I'm not proving Parallax is afraid of Telos, I'm showing you Telos is stronger which is why Parallax has to play it smart and negotiate with him to get the stone... It should be fairly obvious why he's doing it this way. Character threats don't mean anything.
I never said he did.
Post flashpoint/rebirth:
*Due to a time warp Hal Jordan Fought Himself As Parallax . This feat was done using krona's power gauntlet. So this feat is inarguably 2-C via krona gauntlet gauntlet as he could harm and tank all parallax attacks that parallax hal had to run.
A YouTube video on the author say about the Comic here. (Green lantern 2011 #50).

Was this not meant to be a supporting feat, if not why is it in the OP?
If this point is dropped then we're good.

Last edited:
He's not caught off guard, theres no exclamation or indicator for surprise on the page, he's merely attacked before he can make an action.

"telos stated he found a weakness to defeat him(headcanon but I think this is the method he meant)"
You're mixing up stories now. That "weakness" was Telos figuring out how to turn the singularity against him... Parallax says as much.

Look at the scan... Telos casually restrains Parallax and he's is unable to move or free himself which you keep ignoring. I don't know how you can read the Convergence event and come away with Pre-ZH Parallax being stronger than this Telos.
Parallax obviously didn't know someone was going to attack him and he didn't also see telos around I'll he was restrained.

True about the singularity.
Look at the scan... Telos casually restrains Parallax and he's is unable to move or free himself which you keep ignoring.
Parallax didn't know he was being attacked only saw metal kind of manipulation circling and restraining him.
. I don't know how you can read the Convergence event and come away with Pre-ZH Parallax being stronger than this Telos.
Actually I don't see anyway telos is more powerful than parallax even if he defeated brainiac.
Tbh, I didn't see any chance telos had to kill parallax especially since he has type 8 immorality but parallax did also had his chance to kill telos(tho weakened after destroying most of those spaceships).
? I'm not proving Parallax is afraid of Telos, I'm showing you Telos is stronger which is why Parallax has to play it smart and negotiate with him to get the stone... It should be fairly obvious why he's doing it this way. Character threats don't mean anything
Ok, character threats actually mean many things.
Post flashpoint/rebirth:
*Due to a time warp Hal Jordan Fought Himself As Parallax . This feat was done using krona's power gauntlet. So this feat is inarguably 2-C via krona gauntlet gauntlet as he could harm and tank all parallax attacks that parallax hal had to run.
A YouTube video on the author say about the Comic here. (Green lantern 2011 #50).

Was this not meant to be a supporting feat, if not why is it in the OP?
If this point is dropped then we're good.
I said this feat is inarguably 2-C cause parallax actually is 2-C. I never referred to the zero hour event parallax.

Parallax obviously didn't know someone was going to attack him and he didn't also see telos around I'll he was restrained.

Parallax didn't know he was being attacked only saw metal kind of manipulation circling and restraining him.
Actually I don't see anyway telos is more powerful than parallax even if he defeated brainiac.
Telos was in front of him at this point. How can he not know? There's no surprise indicator, he's caught and theres nothing he can do.
Why are you ignoring the fact that Parallax couldn't move and did not have the power to free himself from Telos' hold, plainly shown when Parallax says "Release me, Telos!"? This is so clear cut.

Tbh, I didn't see any chance telos had to kill parallax especially since he has type 8 immorality but parallax did also had his chance to kill telos(tho weakened after destroying most of those spaceships).

Ok, character threats actually mean many things.
Telos w/ stone is more powerful than Parallax as shown above. That's why he said that... There's also the fact that the stone still had enough power to fuel reality warping and time manipulation which Parallax didn't have enough energy for alone. Those immortalities are only for the emotional entities themselves, which this is not.
There's no basis for what you're insinuating those threats mean.

I said this feat is inarguably 2-C cause parallax actually is 2-C. I never referred to the zero hour event parallax.
This is not actually the fear entity Parallax either. This is Pre-Zero Hour Hal Jordan back when Parallax was just a name he took up after going rogue. The dead converged timeline he comes from predates Johns' Green Lantern: Rebirth. He's has no 2-C feats.

Last edited:
My last take on this thread is Hal and Pals, Sinestro... etc are obviously not operating on 2-C levels of power for Post-Flashpoint/Rebirth. Upgrading them would cause major inconsistencies with your tier 4s. This is most likely true for your Post Crisis tiers too. The Post Crisis Hal feat is actually legit, but it’s an outlier. It’s kinda nonsense when you think about it, but since Lantern power correlates to will I chop it up to Hal just being in the zone.

I’ll let the mods read the thread and evaluate if they think OP is valid or not.

Last edited:
I do believe there are others 2C feats for Hal iirc, Kyle and possibly Sinestro too. Especially HAL who has fought some really powerful beings throughout the Johns run. So I believe they should have: "Varied. Up to 4B normally, 2C at Peak"

But it that won't get accepted, then they, at the very least, should get a varied tier. It has a canon explaination and also they don't always operate at 4B level.

My last take on this thread is Hal and Pals, Sinestro... etc are obviously not operating on 2-C levels of power for Post-Flashpoint/Rebirth. Upgrading them would cause major inconsistencies with your tier 4s. This is most likely true for your Post Crisis tiers too. The Post Crisis Hal feat is actually legit, but it’s an outlier. It’s kinda nonsense when you think about it, but since Lantern power correlates to will I chop it up to Hal just being in the zone.

I’ll let the mods read the thread and evaluate if they think OP is valid or not.
I do believe there are others 2C feats for Hal iirc, Kyle and possibly Sinestro too. Especially HAL who has fought some really powerful beings throughout the Johns run. So I believe they should have: "Varied. Up to 4B normally, 2C at Peak"

But it that won't get accepted, then they, at the very least, should get a varied tier. It has a canon explaination and also they don't always operate at 4B level.
@C2_of_Omegon @Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @Sandman31 @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepme @LuciferDC099 @Newendigo @Ehnkr2beboh @Deagonx @Elizio33 @LordTracer @The_Impress @Planck69

What do you think we should do here?

Telos was in front of him at this point. How can he not know? There's no surprise indicator, he's caught and theres nothing he can do.
Why are you ignoring the fact that Parallax couldn't move and did not have the power to free himself from Telos' hold, plainly shown when Parallax says "Release me, Telos!"? This is so clear cut.
Look my English ain't good and I'm sure you guys must have noticed by now. Telos was never at parallax from till does metal manipulation whatever started circling parallax.
Page 1
Page 2
Parallax was making a speech before telos metal manipulation circled and restrained parallax .
And yes I'm not disputing telos restrained him,but parallax wasn't on his guard.
Telos w/ stone is more powerful than Parallax as shown above. That's why he said that... There's also the fact that the stone still had enough power to fuel reality warping and time manipulation which Parallax didn't have enough energy for alone. Those immortalities are only for the emotional entities themselves, which this is not.
If you mean by restraining parallax then no from my point of view. I thought hal did reality warping on coast city before he became parallax?
Parallax is an emotional entity.
This is not actually the fear entity Parallax either. This is Pre-Zero Hour Hal Jordan back when Parallax was just a name he took up after going rogue.
It was later stated hal jordan was possessed by parallax.
Green Lantern: Rebirth. He's has no 2-C feats.
He legit stalemated a sinestro amp with full power of parallax and easily scales above barry allen possessed by parallax.
My last take on this thread is Hal and Pals, Sinestro... etc are obviously not operating on 2-C levels of power for Post-Flashpoint/Rebirth.
I made this specifically for only hal jordan as his stated and feared as the most powerful green lantern I didn't say hal and pals. Sinestro is a possibility.

I lean towards Zensum's take on it, but if other 2C feats are sourced, I would lean more towards Confluctor. I'm not saying they don't exist, I just haven't seen them yet.
At the top of my head, I can think of a few instances such as harming Superboy Prime and surviving a punch from him in Sinestro Corps War.

I can look for others but I am a bit busy atm, so can't really provide it atm. But for now, I think we should at least settle on giving the lanterns "Varies, up to 4B".

I personally do not mind a "Varies. Generally portrayed as 4-B. 2-C at his peak." tier for Hal, but has anybody evaluated how this would affect other DC Comics characters?

Okay. What about other Green Lanterns, along with profiles from other types of emotional spectrum users? Larfleeze in particular might need to be upgraded, given that he has the full power of an emotional entity.

So have we received sufficient input here, or should we wait for more?

We need several valid examples to cite for a 2-C rating in any case.

The Superboy Prime feat I mentioned is from Sinestro Corps War.

But a question, how powerful do we treat the black lantern Spectre as? 2C? Or below? He was giving the DC Magician team quite a bit of trouble from what I remember. And that team included Phantom Stranger.

HAL Jordan was able to harm Superboy Prime. In return, angry Superboy Prime punched hal in the face. I think he also broke Hal's hand at that time.

I mean... HAL hurt him and survived a punch from Prime.

Unless we downgrade Prime, then that would be a different story.

Well, I think that various other characters have survived blows from Prime as well, even though they shouldn't. He is mostly a metafictional gag from a writer that was obsessed with insulting the readers in a very dishonest manner, so his feats are all over the place in terms of matchups.

So... Why don't we downgrade him to 4B, 2c at peak? I think it's quite fitting.

Although in this case... I wouldn't say he was 4b ngl. He was treated as a much bigger and powerful force. But I will reread the comic and see what happens one of these days.

Although we do agree with "Varies Up to 4-B" for lanterns, right? That should probably be applied.

But a question, how powerful do we treat the black lantern Spectre as? 2C? Or below? He was giving the DC Magician team quite a bit of trouble from what I remember. And that team included Phantom Stranger.
If he was giving Phantom Stranger trouble, then he’s definitely a 2-C, but Crispus Allen Spectre is already a 2-C without the ring, and I don’t see why he’d get weaker.

Well, his feats are high enough for 2-C, but DC runs on everybody can fight everybody, just like Marvel.
It's mostly done with amps tho😅 I can't imagine someone like cyborg facing mr mxyzptlk and comes out with a victory even the author of that book will be sacked😂.

But your right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back