• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Green lantern (hal Jordan) CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if they have enough, why leave it out?

Why are you even arguing for 2c feats, when they are less than T5 stuff (?)? You either accept both or none.

If a character operates at a certain level a lot of time, it should be noted. 5a to 4b is perfect. It covers everything in between too.

But if they have enough, why leave it out?
We have universal+ characters on this wiki without T5 written on their profiles.
Why are you even arguing for 2c feats, when they are less than T5 stuff (?)? You either accept both or none
I don't get so all previous feats of the character should have a teir? We only look at the main stuffs here.
If a character operates at a certain level a lot of time, it should be noted. 5a to 4b is perfect. It covers everything in between too.
4B covers everything
Varies covers everything
4B|Varies covers everything
Varies|4B|2C also.
5A|4B|varies also
5A|4B|2C or possibly or likely also.

Many ***** fits it's and I said DC heralds characters are gonna be scaled via their feats now. I just wanna see if the post-crisis part of this thread is accepted or not based on the staff's or how they would like it to be or it should remain how it is for now.

We have universal+ characters on this wiki without T5 written on their profiles.
Case by case scenario. It doesn't apply to them, but it does to Lantern. Pick up a random lantern comic from 90s onwards, and you will see that their power varies and more likely, you will see a T5 and low t4 instead of low T2 feats

I don't get so all previous feats of the character should have a teir?
Lanterns have varied feats. They still get T5 feats these days. They are still around. You can still find them if you read those comics. Iirc even Morrison's run had some T5 and some higher.

4B covers
Of course it does. That's where this problem began with marvel and DC in the first place. Marvel has been mostly fixed but DC is still a mess. Why is everyone and their grandma 4B when the comics have them at low levels sometimes?

Why even add keys at this point then? Just make everyone t1 and T2 and it "covers everything".

Case by case scenario. It doesn't apply to them, but it does to Lantern. Pick up a random lantern comic from 90s onwards, and you will see that their power varies and more likely, you will see a T5 and low t4 instead of low T2 feats
Why doesn't it apply to them lol. Your trying to push it only on to the lanterns.
90s book have many teir feats up to 2-C.
Lanterns have varied feats. They still get T5 feats these days. They are still around. You can still find them if you read those comics. Iirc even Morrison's run had some T5 and some higher.
Yes they have varied feats depending on their willpower. T5 feat this days then you're refering to rebirth. It doesn't matter if they have T5 feats many low 2C characters or 2C characters also have planetary feats and it isn't compulsory to be added to their profiles when we need ***** to be simple and consistent here on this wiki which I already said characters in DC are now gonna be scaled via their own feats.
Of course it does. That's where this problem began with marvel and DC in the first place. Marvel has been mostly fixed but DC is still a mess. Why is everyone and their grandma 4B when the comics have them at low levels sometimes?

Why even add keys at this point then? Just make everyone t1 and T2 and it "covers everything".
Both marvel and DC comics are different franchise no matter how we see it even if they are rivals or competitors based on fans perspective and I already said characters will be scaled via feats now as it seems to be agreed.
This teirs can be added anyone that's suitable
4B
Varies
4B|Variez
Varies|4B|2C
5A|4B|varies
5A|4B|2C

And 5A explicitly seems as a certain to be written in their profiles then I guess all 2C characters with planetary feats should also be added and I ain't against it.

I don't get what you mean by everyone and their grandmas? I only know its during does early times of DC and marvel you can say such and maybe pre-crisis.
I already gave you best ways on how best shit are best covered in this thread when it comes to hal jordan who his PL varies based on his willpower.

Look, as I keep saying, because it is true, DC and Marvel Comics stories literally run on "everybody can fight everybody" plot-induced stupidity. Post-Crisis Superman briefly clashing with Golden Age/original Superman does not make any sense when Post-Crisis Superman has no reliable raw power feats of his own anywhere near that scale.

As such, we are not going to upgrade him to tier 2, period. Sorry. Can we leave this derailment and continue along the main track instead please? We have had this discussion many times before, and it is getting very tiresome to deal with.

Look, as I keep saying, because it is true, DC and Marvel Comics stories literally run on "everybody can fight everybody" plot-induced stupidity. Post-Crisis Superman briefly clashing with Golden Age/original Superman does not make any sense when Post-Crisis Superman has no reliable raw power feats of his own anywhere near that scale.

As such, we are not going to upgrade him to tier 2, period. Sorry. Can we leave this derailment and continue along the main track instead please? We have had this discussion many times before, and it is getting very tiresome to deal with.
With all due respect simply repeating the same mantra whenever actually legit Tier 2 evidence is presented isn't a good way to properly evaluate a character. Infinite Crisis isn't the only instance of matching Pre Crisis level opponents and Superman didn't "briefly" clash, he had an extended brawl with an angry Kal L who blamed him for the death of his wife and they were outright equally matched.

It doesn't matter. If we use "this character fought this character who fought this character", we would literally end up with upgrading all tier 10 and 9 characters to tier 1 for both Marvel and DC Comics. It isn't just a mantra, it is the genuine truth. Anything else is wishful thinking.

Also, this old version of Superman seemed to be displayed closer to his Golden Age than Silver Age power levels in this storyline. Otherwise he would have been able to easily handle Superboy-Prime on his own, without severely weakening him first.

Superman, the original Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy survive a blast from Time Trapper Superboy.
And superman has a record of battles with superboy-prime even if he is shown to be weaker most times and even fought him once in his sun armour.
And superman battle with Superman 30th Century Pre-Zero Hour Mordru.
PC superman has feats from low 2-C to 2-C also.

Besides this isn't even the thread for it.

Hal Jordan at his most powerful should be 2-C, I don't why this still going.
We are still evaluating the P-C version of hal jordan but it's yet to be accepted then we move to the post-flashpoint.
we would literally end up with upgrading all tier 10 and 9 characters to tier 1 for both Marvel and DC Comics
Literally impossible.
Look, as I keep saying, because it is true, DC and Marvel Comics stories literally run on "everybody can fight everybody" plot-induced stupidity. Post-Crisis Superman briefly clashing with Golden Age/original Superman does not make any sense when Post-Crisis Superman has no reliable raw po
This kind of shit doesn't really happen except during pre-crisis and maybe post-crisis but nowadays it's mostly done via amps both for DC and marvel comics.

This kind of shit doesn't really happen except during pre-crisis and maybe post-crisis but nowadays it's mostly done via amps both for DC and marvel comics.
It happens to a far greater degree than ever before, especially for Marvel, as the editorial departments almost don't care at all about continuity or logical coherence nowadays, unlike in the Jim Shooter or Paul Lewitz days. Remember that the Black Panther beat an entity that killed the Living Tribunal, for example.

It happens to a far greater degree than ever before, especially for Marvel, as the editorial departments almost don't care at all about continuity or logical coherence nowadays, unlike in the Jim Shooter or Paul Lewitz days. Remember that the Black Panther beat an entity that killed the Living Tribunal, for example.
Wasn't black panther amped in that story?I don't seem to remember well what the version of black panther was called but he was amped and what made me read this particular book was a debate in another platform black panther vs deathstroke.

Marvel does living tribunal bad at times despite him stated to be their second most powerful character and this cases we legit see as outlier but black panther was amped in this story.

As I said earlier, I'm fine with Rebirth's Post-Gauntlet Hal being 2-C with a Raw Willpower Key. Post-Crisis Hal needs more research along with the other Heralds in the other thread.
Thank you. Would you be willing to apply that conclusion then?

Can I just ask, if we aren’t going to let Post-Crisis Hal have an ‘up to 2-C/2-C at peak’ since he wasn’t retconned by COIE and should be able to access such power, then we shouldn’t scale Post-Flashpoint Hal to his Post-Crisis self.

Just seems like very weird double-standards to say Post-Flashpoint can cross-scale with Post-Crisis, but Post-Crisis can’t cross-scale with Pre-Crisis.

The is actually true and hal jordan history in new 52 was a soft reboot but he wasn't retconned like in pre crisis.

Is there a way to scale hal Jordan to parallax hal jordan in post crisis.
As Ant and I have talked about before, Post-Crisis Hal did get a soft reboot prior to Zero Hour.

Thank you. I have unlocked the Hal Jordan page. Tell me here when you are done.

Thank you. I have unlocked the Hal Jordan page. Tell me here when you are done.

I made the edits.

While you are at it, can you please add an end bracket to this justification. Please and thank you.

• Invisibility (Rendered himself and Black Canary invisible
I would do it myself but I am on phone and that sometimes doesn't work well at all.

Thank you for helping out. Is there anything left to do here?

Okay. As always, thanks a lot for all of your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back