• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Green lantern (hal Jordan) CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post crisis:
Hal is able to deal damage to krona even when he had ion,the embodiment of willpower in the multiverse.
Hal is able to One shot krona .Krona had absorbed all entities . The entities are 2-C hal being able to one shot/overpower them should by actual scaling makes him at peak 2-C.
(Green lantern 2005 #67)

Post flashpoint/rebirth:
*Due to a time warp Hal Jordan Fought Himself As Parallax . This feat was done using krona's power gauntlet. So this feat is inarguably 2-C via krona gauntlet gauntlet as he could harm and tank all parallax attacks that parallax hal had to run.
A YouTube video on the author say about the Comic here. (Green lantern 2011 #50).

*After hal jordan had soloed the entire war world yellow lantern corp, he Fought Sinestro While He had the full power of parallax, to a stalemate.
(Hal jordan and the green lantern corps #6 and #7). This feat would be at peak 2-C.

Last edited:
Not gonna touch the rest of this, but Parallax Hal is a 2-A, not a 2-C.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Green_Lantern_(Hal_Jordan)
Hal is able to One shot krona .Krona had absorbed all entities . The entities are 2-C hal being able to one shot/overpower them should by actual scaling makes him 2-C.
(Green lantern 2005 #67)
My question to this, as I’m a lil too assed rn to go read the context, is it seems like a helped feat.
Why would this correlate to only Hal being upgraded, and would there be any context to this feat. Also, is there anymore feats to support this, or did a relatively consistent Solar-System character just have an outlier 2-C feat, because Comics gotta Comic?

“Just because a certain character displays a certain extreme degree of power in one instance doesn't imply that they will remotely possess the same scale of power in another, and that we can automatically scale another character from the higher end feat. Also, we cannot use the relative power levels for one author in the 1960s and apply it to another present day author, or vice versa. Again, one writer's canonicity cannot automatically be used to power-scale another's.”~ VsB, refer here Powerscaling rules for Marvel/DC.

& Thats all I’m touching

is it seems like a helped feat.
Hal was only helped when trapped by krona. Then he got pissed off and one shotted him when he had all entities = 2-C. And hal was already dealing damage and overpowering him when he had ion.

And yes I know the rules of this wiki and everything.

Why would this correlate to only Hal being upgraded,
He is said to be the most powerful lanterns by the guardians and no lantern helped him in his battle against krona. Except maybe sinestro and he didn't even attack krona or damaged him.

Hal was only helped when trapped by krona. Then he got pissed off and one shotted him when he had all entities = 2-C. And hal was already dealing damage and overpowering him when he had ion.
I’m asking because if these are the only two instances he harms a 2-C being, it could easily be argued as an outlier/inconsistency. If he’s consistently/typically Solar-System, and then one time gets feats against a ****** Low-Multiversal character, that’s gonna be considered as an by some outlier/inconsistency.

And yes I know the rules of this wiki and everything.
No need for the passive aggressive response, I posted it for everyone to see and understand as well.

As my questions so far follow;
Rule 1) Feats: The most basic and reliable method for power-scaling would be direct feats. However, the feats should preferably be somewhat consistent, and elseworld and alternative continuity feats are not acceptable for power-scaling.

Rule 4) Consistency: If one character has been depicted to be superior or equal to another consistently, then logically speaking, the stronger or equivalent character can be power-scaled from the weaker or comparable one, if the weaker character has displayed greater practical feats in stories written by the relevant authors in question.

I’m not trying to be argumentative/rude, but please answer this;
Also, is there anymore feats to support this, or did a relatively consistent Solar-System character just have an outlier 2-C feat, because Comics gotta Comic?

Lmao the feat isn't an outlier, Except you yourself wanna see it that way.
No need for the passive aggressive response, I posted it for everyone to see and understand as well.
Like I said I know the rules.
As my questions so far follow;
Rule 1) Feats: The most basic and reliable method for power-scaling would be direct feats. However, the feats should preferably be somewhat consistent, and elseworld and alternative continuity feats are not acceptable for power-scaling.
I know this.
Rule 4) Consistency: If one character has been depicted to be superior or equal to another consistently, then logically speaking, the stronger or equivalent character can be power-scaled from the weaker or comparable one, if the weaker character has displayed greater practical feats in stories written by the relevant authors in question.
And I don't see anything wrong here.

Besides hal jordan will is soo strong he overpowered the embodiment of will itself and it's stated the ring are programmed not to be able to kill a guardian and hal jordan will overpowered that law.

Hal jordan is broken as ****. his willpower is seems immeasurable tbh. Even death battle didn't consider the feats as outlier.

Last edited:
You’ve now ignored my inquiry to supporting feats also pointing to 2-C, have stayed passive aggressive, and refuse to expand.
Eveb death battle didn't consider the feats as outlier.
Why do I care about DB, appealing to popular belief isn’t my thing.

You seem to just be jumping to a hasty generalization,
Affirming the Consequence won’t get this passed, does this 2-C suggestion have any other supporting feats, close to it, or even relative?

Case-by-case basis: We can still use power-scaling for Marvel and DC, if a certain character is explicitly shown at a certain degree of power within a story, and another character legitimately matches that power.

If a certain author portrays a character at a certain degree of power within a near time period, and has another character match it, power-scaling can also work, but even here it is important to use common sense regarding inconsistencies for story purposes.

This feat is only seen as an outlier to you and in different stories it's not and it will only be an outlier if you keep restricting him to solar system level,lmao. Plus the entire story from post crisis to rebirth hal has consistent 2-C feats.

I’m not saying my absolute, resolute, without changing opinion.
I’ve now, three times asked for anymore supporting evidence, you’re the one not showing anything else.
I’m not making the 2-C claim, I don’t have to prove he’s not, you have to prove he is.
You say
Plus the entire story from post crisis to rebirth hal has consistent 2-C feats.
What are they?

Mate, you’re not gonna upgrade DC like this. You have to consider the ramifications upgrading a single character will have on the power scaling of the entire Verse. Unless you’re proposing a Variable Tier, trying to upgrade Hal to 2-C means every 4-B character would have to be upgraded as well, which will assuredly be rejected if 2 feats is all you have.

I’m not saying my absolute, resolute, without changing opinion.
I’ve now, three times asked for anymore supporting evidence, you’re the one not showing anything else.
I’m not making the 2-C claim, I don’t have to prove he’s not, you have to prove he is.
You say

What are they?
Check my scans on post flashpoint/rebirth
Mate, you’re not gonna upgrade DC like this. You have to consider the ramifications upgrading a single character will have on the power scaling of the entire Verse. Unless you’re proposing a Variable Tier, trying to upgrade Hal to 2-C means every 4-B character would have to be upgraded as well, which will assuredly be rejected if 2 feats is all you have.
Other lanterns don't scale to him, its specifically stated his the most powerful and many other things just read the entire comics. I've sent you the issue.

And In death metal all histories and stories became 1. So it's still 1history whether post crisis or rebirth.

The entities are 2-C hal being able to one shot/overpower them should by actual scaling makes him 2-C.
I disagree. This is one of the worst cases of outliers ever. Considering just moments before it, a sinestro without a ring was able to hurt Korona. Iirc he even made him bleed. So, big disagree.

I agree with the rest. Hal with Gauntlet should be 2A. And his Rebirth energy form needs to get a 4B, 2C at peak.

Last edited:
There are dozens of other 2C HAL feats you could use from Post Crisis instead of this one. But again, his base will not go above 4B. They have more 5A/4B feats than they have 2C.

I think Lanterns should get a varied tier. I mean that's the whole thing. Especially HAL and Kyle. They should get 4B usually, like 2C at peak.

This is one of the worst cases of outliers ever. Considering just moments before it, a sinestro without a ring was able to hurt Korona
Send the scan.
Iirc he even made him bleed. So, big disagree.
Hal or sinestro?who were you referring to?
Hal with Gauntlet should be 2A
👍.
And his Rebirth energy form needs to get a 4B, 2C at peak.
ok,but shouldn't post crisis also be 4-B,2-C at peak?
There are dozens of other 2C HAL feats you could use from Post Crisis instead of this one. But again, his base will not go above 4B. They have more 5A/4B feats than they have 2C.

I think Lanterns should get a varied tier. I mean that's the whole thing. Especially HAL and Kyle. They should get 4B usually, like 2C at peak.
I agree with your reasoning.

There are dozens of other 2C HAL feats you could use from Post Crisis i
But all the post-crisis 2-C feats are know deal with parallax and comparable to ion and maybe Superboy-prime and the guardians of their feat to damage superboy prime and anti-monitor but later scared of hal jordan after the krona issue.
But I think post-crisis should also have 4-B,2-C at peak or likely 2-C.

Send the scan.
My apologies, I had misremembered

Been a few years since I read the comic fully, but I remember it having quite a few inconsistencies with power levels. It had a lot of questionable scaling to my recalling. I should reread it.

ok,but shouldn't post crisis also be 4-B,2-C at peak?
I mean the energy form of his. But I can get behind 2C at peak for him and Kyle. But definitely not John and Guy.

Indeed.

I can see Sinestro scaling to those two. and maybe atrocitus too. But that's pretty much it I believe.

I don't think sinestro or atrocitus scale as hal jordan willpower surpasses sinestro as their's a law on the rings,that no lantern can harm guardians and sinestro couldn't only hal jordan via willpower(I believe it's safe to say hal jordan scales above him at peak) . I think only parallax sinestro can scale to peak hal jordan but it's a possibility does 2 can also scale.

Considering Hal is decently above characters like Superman, and, while weaker compared to then, used to be a Pre-Crisis character, so I can see him having the potential to be 2-C, though I'm not sure I'm convinced on some of the feats used FRA. So I'm neutral for now (somewhat leaning towards disagreeing) and when I get the chance to fully read the thread and check out some of the context for these scans, I'll probably comment then.

I agree with an upgrade this site clearly doesn’t know how DC works no offense , tanking a massive Multiversal explosion and scaling to Kyle who tanked the Big Bang is clearly legit

think sinestro or atrocitus scale as hal jordan willpower surpasses sinestro
The reason I said that because those two, while weaker, are comparable to Kyle and HAL at times. Atrocitus is definitely much much weaker but Sinestro is extremely close

Sinestro is extremely close
Possibility,just that in rebirth he had to power his ring to 1000% and got amped with parallax full power and only stalemated hal jordan. But going by other green lantern books,his actually possibly close to hal.

Considering Hal is decently above characters like Superman, and, while weaker compared to then, used to be a Pre-Crisis character, so I can see him having the potential to be 2-C, though I'm not sure I'm convinced on some of the feats used FRA. So I'm neutral for now (somewhat leaning towards disagreeing) and when I get the chance to fully read the thread and check out some of the context for these scans, I'll probably comment then.
Ok then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back