• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Green lantern (hal Jordan) CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bit of a headache so I'm afraid I'll not be able to properly offer input at the moment.

Not much to evaluate without the full context of what's going on in the stories, our rules already point out that users need to read them themselves and the OP wasn't even able to point out how a Sinestro without a ring was able to hurt Korona? That doesn't look good at all.

Not much to evaluate without the full context of what's going on in the stories,
I already did but I can post scans of what happened before the one's I sent above.
our rules already point out that users need to read them themselves
I did before I created a thread on it.
Sinestro without a ring was able to hurt Korona?
He just hit him and didn't deal any significant damage. And that can be seen as an outlier for sinestro.

It can also be seen as a massive typical Marvel/DC "everybody can fight everybody" outlier for Hal.

Here is the comic
Issue 67 you can read it. The issue ain't much.
And i made a mistake,krona was with all the rings but the entities weren't in him except ion as they were in the other guardians.

It can also be seen as a massive typical Marvel/DC "everybody can fight everybody" outlier for Hal.
Hal feat isn't an outlier at all. His feat against krona is solid even the guardians acknowledge him and began to be afraid of him. Sinestro case he didn't even deal any damage at all. And I already know you guys will bring up the krona case as outlier which isn't at all.

I had to expand our censor filter recently so it includes RCO, so your link does not work directly. Sorry.

No problem. I just told him the specific issue he should read as that issue ain't much.

Well, maybe a variable tier would be acceptable then? It depends on what the others think.

As I mentioned earlier, I am find with Hal getting a "Varies. 4B usually, 2C at peak" tier. It's quite consistent with him, but personally I wouldn't use this specific instance for his justification. I recommend using his other T2 feats instead. Heck, there is a better one during Blackest Night and Sinestro Corps War.

So, this reminds me to ask, is being possessed by/having this emotional entities for any 4-B always the same as having the same tier as the entities? It kinda seems to me that they're cases where they just amp you a bit, or was Hal with Parallax 2-C at the moment he had Parallax? And how about others Parallax possessed? That's a question for the DC experts.

I think a variable tier is perfect to describe Hal, yes.

Also, why are we treating Ringless sinestro hurting Krona as the legitimate feat and Hal with amps hurting Krona as the outlier here? Common sense dictates it would be the other way around.

is being possessed by/having this emotional entities for any 4-B always the same as having the same tier as the entities?
The entities has possessed a few 4Bs, they all got a massive power amp. Hal Jordan pre Zero Hour, Sinestro War Kyle, Ion powered Kyle and then later Ion powered Sodam Yat. They always jump in power when possessed by the entities.

As for the power levels... Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to pin down. The entities have no solid feats of their own. But the ones they possess changes greatly... Hal was 2-A, but Kyle was nowhere near that level.

was Hal with Parallax 2-C at the moment he had Parallax?
Hal merged more than once with Parallax in Post Crisis. The first time, he was 2-A, but later, he was only about 2-C.

So, this reminds me to ask, is being possessed by/having this emotional entities for any 4-B always the same as having the same tier as the entities? It kinda seems to me that they're cases where they just amp you a bit, or was Hal with Parallax 2-C at the moment he had Parallax? And how about others Parallax possessed? That's a question for the DC experts.
I'm certainly not an expert like confluctor or the other's but I know all amped by parallax especially hal jordan certainly earned massive power boost.

This is just to avoid confusion, parallax hal 2-A cannot be scaled to base Parallax or normal Hal, because Hal had gotten some of the leftover mobius power and Entropy after defeating Time Trapper (who was supposed to be 2-C)

Although having Varies is not bad from my point of view, the Green lanterns depend on their emotional state to do most of their feats.

Post flashpoint/rebirth:
*Due to a time warp Hal Jordan Fought Himself As Parallax . This feat was done using krona's power gauntlet. So this feat is inarguably 2-C via krona gauntlet gauntlet as he could harm and tank all parallax attacks that parallax hal had to run.
A YouTube video on the author say about the Comic here. (Green lantern 2011 #50).
This is Convergence Parallax. He's the version of Hal with 3600 rings who returned to Metropolis before it was domed. He's not strong enough to reality warp or cause a Zero Hour level event. He's comparable to Telos and a lot stronger than the 4-B tier characters (can easily kill Cyborg Superman, Mongul... etc)

He's the version of Hal with 3600 rings who returned to Metropolis before it was domed.
Yeah,he when he killed all the lanterns and guardians, he gained the power of 3600 rings from the light he devoured from the central battery itself.

He's not strong enough to reality warp or cause a Zero Hour level event.
Reality warping I'm sure he can, but the zero hour....even I'm not sure he can.
He's comparable to telos
I'm sure he scales above telos.
This is Convergence Parallax.
I thought I replied this,yh it is...just checked.

I think that you mean "returned to Coast City". That is what was destroyed by Mongul and Cyborg Superman.
Ah no, I mean Pre-Zero Hour Metropolis, he fights regular Superman and friends there. X It’s why he’s in Metropolis when the event starts.

But yea he fights those two in Coast City.

Reality warping I'm sure he can, but the zero hour....even I'm not sure he can.

I'm sure he scales above telos.

I thought I replied this,yh it is...just checked.
He says he can’t reality warp and Telos says he not at Zero Hour strength. He needed Telos time stone to even warp Coast City.

He’s a little below Telos when he’s powered by the Rosetta Time Stone (Telos could restrain him pretty easily, Parallax was cautious when approaching him) and above Telos without it, so I said comparable.

That post was referring to city he was in during Convergence.

He says he can’t reality warp and Telos says he not at Zero Hour strength. He needed Telos time stone to even warp Coast City.

He’s a little below Telos when he’s powered by the Rosetta Time Stone (Telos could restrain him pretty easily, Parallax was cautious when approaching him) and above Telos without it, so I said comparable.
Rechecked it.

Last edited:
He says he can’t reality warp
Hal wanted to bring back everyone who died and coast city back but the guardian refused since it's for personal gain.
Telos says he not at Zero Hour strength.
Can I see the scan, tho its obvious but I wanna see scans.
. He needed
Yeah,he needed it to create a coast city of his own.
He’s a little below Telos
Above telos actually
when he’s powered by the Rosetta Time Stone
Possibility but it's only cause he needed the resotta time stone to create a coast city of his own. Cause nothing shows telos with Rosetta time stone above him.
Time Stone (Telos could restrain him pretty easily,
Can I see scans of this.
Parallax was cautious when approaching him
No act
and above Telos without it, so I said comparable.
Parallax easily scales above him but telos did defeat brainiac but parallax should still scale above him based on that comic.

Ah no, I mean Pre-Zero Hour Metropolis, he fights regular Superman and friends there. X It’s why he’s in Metropolis when the event starts.

But yea he fights those two in Coast City.
Okay. No probelm.

Can I see the scan, tho its obvious but I wanna see scans.

Yeah,he needed it to create a coast city of his own.

Above telos actually

Possibility but it's only cause he needed the resotta time stone to create a coast city of his own. Cause nothing shows telos with Rosetta time stone above him.

Can I see scans of this.
X Parallax wants to use the Brainiac's collected temporal power to cause a Zero Hour level event, but he's easily restrained by Telos. Parallax isn't able to Zero Hour reality warp on his own at the point in time he was domed.
No act

Parallax easily scales above him but telos did defeat brainiac but parallax should still scale above him based on that comic.
X Parallax would never have approached him in this manner if he could forcefully take the stone from him. Parallax only attacks once Telos has removed the stone from his person.

Haven't read this book, name? Plus he needs the rings to create another zero hour level event, doesn't he have the 3600 rings here?
X Parallax would never have approached him in this manner if he could forcefully take the stone from him. Parallax only attacks once Telos has removed the stone from his person.
I've read this and this Scan says otherwise, Especially this as in telos #6. Telos seems Inferior to him. As my second scan suggests it seems he found a weakness against parallax.

Haven't read this book, name? Plus he needs the rings to create another zero hour level event, doesn't he have the 3600 rings here?
Convergence #0 - #8
He has the 3600 rings yes, but he doesn't have the Anti-Monitor energy so he can't create a Zero Hour event, and it explicitly says as much in the scan I posted.

I've read this and this Scan says otherwise, Especially this as in telos #6. Telos seems Inferior to him. As my second scan suggests it seems he found a weakness against parallax.
The first scan isn't saying anything relevant and the next scans show Parallax having to negotiate with him (the stone for Telos' family). We know Telos is stronger from their first encounter and if Parallax were stronger he would have simply taken it by force. It's why Parallax only attacks once Telos has removed the stone from his body like I said before.

The second scan is showing Telos without the stone and Parallax with the stones power, so it should be fairly obvious that Parallax is stronger here. I said as much in my first post to you.

FanOfRPGs said:
Kyle didn't take the Big Bang. He contained leaking energy from Imperiex.

Otherwise, unlike other DC characters, Green Lanterns have explanations why they can go from tier 5 to 3 that makes more sense, where they don't push their willpower far enough to really compete with Supes at times, but when push comes to shove can far surpass him. Superman most of the time will match GLs simply due to GLs not putting the amount of willpower.

He has the 3600 rings yes, but he doesn't have the Anti-Monitor energy so he can't create a Zero Hour event, and it explicitly says as much in the scan I posted.
Parallax was caught Off guard and the scan didn't say he needed anti-monitor energy to create a zero hour event. Nothing in the scan even said anything about anti-monitor.
The first scan isn't saying anything relevant and the next scans show Parallax having to negotiate with him (the stone for Telos' family).We know Telos is stronger from their first encounter and if Parallax were stronger he would have simply taken it by force.
Parallax stated : IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU,HAND IT OVER.
this statement already debunks your claim parallax was cautious of telos or scared of him. Such a statement shows he wasn't even afraid but was threatening him.
It's why Parallax only attacks once Telos has removed the stone from his body like I said before.
Parallax already threatened him and was he handed it over. Parallax decided to attack him.
This kind of habits are common in fictional franchises, especially during deals.
The second scan is showing Telos without the stone and Parallax with the stones power, so it should be fairly obvious that Parallax is stronger here. I said as much in my first post to you.
That scan was a mistake,I forgot it was after the Rosetta time stone was in parallax hands telos made that statement.

And I don't know why we are debating this as it seems we are derailing from the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back