• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grasshopper Manufacture/Suda51/No More Heroes/Kill The Past General Discussion Thread

New LS calculation, will push top tiers to Class M

As for who it scales to, probably only Travis, FU and Damon and their various mechs and amped forms, I don't feel comfortable scaling it to anyone else.
Agree on the applicability.

... Just Travis fought the Space Peacock. And that peacock claims to have the size and potency to planet surface wipe or even planet bust. Would that space peacock have the top tier treatments as well?

Agree on the applicability.

... Just Travis fought the Space Peacock. And that peacock claims to have the size and potency to planet surface wipe or even planet bust. Would that space peacock have the top tier treatments as well?
That's not a statement from the enemy itself, it's either a direct statement from the game ore one made by Jeane or Travis, both of whom are pretty reliable- I'm splitting hairs here I just wanted to make that clear. But yes, that's another supporting feat for High 6-A/5-B, he's in the same category as Ice Shaver- it's below Mr. Blackhole, in fact, the game explicitly puts it under Mr. Blackhole.

I don't know how to calculate GBE of non-spherical objects, but I'm looking into it, considering its wingspan is enough to completely envelop Earth.

Oh, it can't be that wei-
Santa Destroy is obviously Travis' hometown, his base of operations. But while it's Travis' territory, I wouldn't really say that it's the centre of like the Suda or Grasshopper universe. That particular universe, it's a really big and complicated thing. For example, the Blackhole Prison I just mentioned - that's off not only in deep space, but in a space between realities, or worlds.

NO MORE PERSONAS

That's not a statement from the enemy itself, it's either a direct statement from the game ore one made by Jeane or Travis, both of whom are pretty reliable- I'm splitting hairs here I just wanted to make that clear. But yes, that's another supporting feat for High 6-A/5-B, he's in the same category as Ice Shaver- it's below Mr. Blackhole, in fact, the game explicitly puts it under Mr. Blackhole.

I don't know how to calculate GBE of non-spherical objects, but I'm looking into it, considering its wingspan is enough to completely envelop Earth.
I may pick another time (if free enough) to calculate the blast size, the peacock size and and what this means for the mechs. Screw it the blast size of an Earth yields exactly High 6-A and is calculated before. I only need to further deduce the peacock and the robot.
(Well usually large size characters do not generate gravity unless explicitly shown to do so such that GBE may not be appropriate. However since the space peacock is actually stated in the description card to be able to actually wrap itself around the earth, so maybe I can calculate the blast size and the bird size and even the size of the robot. I am leaving an idea here so that maybe you can see if that is actually a viable option in deducing anything. Including theoretical lifting strength.)

I may pick another time (if free enough) to calculate the blast size, the peacock size and and what this means for the mechs. Screw it the blast size of an Earth yields exactly High 6-A and is calculated before. I only need to further deduce the peacock and the robot.
(Well usually large size characters do not generate gravity unless explicitly shown to do so such that GBE may not be appropriate. However since the space peacock is actually stated in the description card to be able to actually wrap itself around the earth, so maybe I can calculate the blast size and the bird size and even the size of the robot. I am leaving an idea here so that maybe you can see if that is actually a viable option in deducing anything. Including theoretical lifting strength.)
Full Armor Travis probably shouldn't be scaled to the enemy in size considering it's barely bigger than Travis himself in other scenes. I think they just made Space Peacock smaller in gameplay since obviously a planet-sized 3d model is impossible in a game for plenty of reasons.

Large objects, including characters, do generate gravity unless the opposite is explicitly shown, which it really isn't here, so cutting this guy to pieces is indeed a feat. We have absolutely no rules against this, saying it "usually doesn't happen" is pure headcanon.

The bird's size is really easy, It's the circumference of Earth (40075 km) since he wraps around it, that's his wingspan. I'm not sure what the blast size would achieve, at that point it's better to calculate how far it is from Travis since they can reach each other with their attacks, which is a better range feat and also applies to Travis.

Lifting strength doesn't really matter since it lives in a low-gravity environment and Travis doesn't really wrestle with it.

I'll begin calculating it, we'll see what we end up with. I think that's all that's left before I can make the CRT.

Last edited:
Ok so I did the calc, AP-wise it's completely useless unless there's a better method to do it, otherwise, simple enough. When that one and this one are approved I can start working on the CRT

This (5h39m38s to 5h39m44s)
The time Space Peacock envelops itself, then launches a blast.

Can this be calculated? And will this affect any previous calculation?

It can be for attack speed I suppose, I'll throw it in later

Just found out that God Hand has some connections with Suda51, that's pretty neat.
Hideki Kamiya who created DMC went on to direct Viewtiful Joe. The VJ team became Clover Studios and made Viewtiful Joe 2 and Okami under Kamiya and God Hand under Shinji Mikami, director of Resident Evil and RE4, which DMC started development as before becoming its own thing. A chunk of the employees from Clover then went on to found Platinum, and work with Kamiya (Bayonetta) and Mikami (Vanquish) again. To go a level deeper, this OST was composed by Masafumi Takada who was contracted out from Grasshopper Studio where he composes music for games by Goichi Suda (Killer7, No More Heroes, The Silver Case). Akira Yamaoka, who famously did most of the Silent Hill soundtracks, also works for Grasshopper now. He worked pretty closely with the original Team Silent, which was disbanded after SH4 and some of the key figures apparently went to work for Kojima Productions. Point being that if you look into it a lot of these games are filled with little nods to each other, like Waka in Okami saying Dante’s famous “Let’s Rock, Baby!” And the reason for it is because so many of these series are tightly interconnected behind the scenes by sharing key figures that collaborate with and seem to know each other in different capacities. It’s just some fun trivia if you look into it.

I like to think the way Jeane kinda ducks under your attacks is a reference to God Hand, probably not but it'd be neat

it's ok we can get it deleted if you want, then you can post it again or maybe you can do a page for like, the midgets

I could make a page for Azel and then make a crt that gives gene literally just one ability and that's it and best boi Elvis.
But enough talk about you and Venom having based video game tastes, this is the Grasshopper thread, not the random-action-games-only-like-ten-people-played-cause-of-sseth thread.

just gonna put this out here so i don't forget a third ******' time, the font i use for the pics on the verse page is "Bauhaus 93"

Almost done, by the way, character section of the verse page is the only thing left

by the way, I'll eventually get to doing profiles for stuff like fodder NMH3 aliens, maybe one or two killer7 profiles, but if anyone wants to help make profiles for stuff like shadows of the damned or lollipop chainsaw I'd really appreciate it since we're kinda lacking in those ones and I don't like those games as much as others so I won't do profiles for those

I don't know how necessary this is, but I decided to try and compile all the stuff that hasn't been officially acknowledged as part of the Kill the Past verse, mostly for the sake of reference. Granted, a good deal of these are licensed works, so keep that in mind:

I've heard Contact is very good- haven't played any of these tho. However the Yakumo from Killer7 appear in Ranko Tsugihime so that one might be canon too.

Yeah, I don't doubt it hurts him, but I'm glad Marvelous gave him full freedom with NMHIII and TSA at least, last thing we needed was NMH getting the Shadows of the Damned treatment. Plus, I like to think Suda's best work is on completely new kinds of games, so I'm hyped to see his new IPs although it does hurt to know Travis is gone for good, at least for the next decade.

By the way, I'm making the fodder profiles, should the mini-boss enemies be "At least High 6-A, likely Low 5-B+?" Since they scale lower than the space mini-bosses, which are the ones with actual 5-B feats.

Last edited:
well, i made all those pages- also one for andrei ulmeyda from killer7- yesterday

Made three more pages for Killer7, that's all of them for that game.

On the one hand, I understand that he wants to move on and make new things. But on the other hand, I feel kinda bad he doesn't own the full rights to his IP...
Well when one feels ambitious and realises he has the talent to make more money and has more control over how he makes money and how much to share from the fruits... Respects his opinions.
Just... How would he react if Marvelous assigns another creator for NMH 4? Since Henry Cooldown is claimed to be still on a plan on cosmic conquest at the end of NMH 3 and people would reasonably expect Travis has to fight the real Henry Cooldown to conclude everything.

I don't know the man but he seems like a fairly nice dude, I don't think he'd immediately shit-talk them for it or anything, but I assume he wouldn't be too happy about yet another one of his creations being kinda taken from him. Plus NMH3's ending isn't really meant to be taken seriously, it kinda shows that continuing the series would drive it to levels that are so absurd they're not enjoyable- making an actual game off of that would kinda be missing the point.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if Marvelous made, like, a Shinobu spin-off or something, I don't think Suda51 is the only person that can ever do NMH right and if it's not messing with my boy Travis I'd be very willing to give it a chance. I mean I'd try it even if it was a NMH4 but I'd be a lot more doubtful.

Back