• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki: Making a Tier 7 verse Tier 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
...uhhh, my monke brain doesn't understand what that means
Baki has the same kinetic energy coming down as he did when Yujiro throwed him minus energy lost due to air resistance.

Yes, something being thrown up has the same energy coming down, minus the energy lost to air resistance.

When an object is thrown up, it gains gravitational potential energy. As it rises, its gravitational potential energy increases and its kinetic energy decreases. At the highest point, its kinetic energy is zero and its gravitational potential energy is at its maximum. As the object falls back down, its gravitational potential energy decreases and its kinetic energy increases. When it reaches the ground, its gravitational potential energy is zero and its kinetic energy is at its maximum.

The amount of energy lost to air resistance depends on the shape and size of the object, as well as the speed at which it is moving. For a small, spherical object, the energy lost to air resistance is relatively small. For a large, irregularly shaped object, the energy lost to air resistance can be significant.

In general, the energy lost to air resistance is negligible for objects that are thrown up a short distance. For example, if you throw a ball up in the air, it will come back down with almost the same speed as it was thrown up with. However, for objects that are thrown up a long distance, the energy lost to air resistance can be significant. For example, if you throw a baseball into the air, it will not come back down with the same speed as it was thrown up with.

Therefore, the answer to your question is yes, something being thrown up has the same energy coming down, minus the energy lost to air resistance.

Except If I missed something.

And he was falling. Pretty sure energy going up is also energy going down unless I missed something.
As he lowered, his strength decreased. In fact, the weight of Baki multiplied by g fell on the fence.

Damn, it's just a wire fence. You can literally shake him by leaning on him with your body

Baki has the same kinetic energy coming down as he did when Yujiro throwed him minus energy lost due to air resistance.

Yes, something being thrown up has the same energy coming down, minus the energy lost to air resistance.

When an object is thrown up, it gains gravitational potential energy. As it rises, its gravitational potential energy increases and its kinetic energy decreases. At the highest point, its kinetic energy is zero and its gravitational potential energy is at its maximum. As the object falls back down, its gravitational potential energy decreases and its kinetic energy increases. When it reaches the ground, its gravitational potential energy is zero and its kinetic energy is at its maximum.

The amount of energy lost to air resistance depends on the shape and size of the object, as well as the speed at which it is moving. For a small, spherical object, the energy lost to air resistance is relatively small. For a large, irregularly shaped object, the energy lost to air resistance can be significant.

In general, the energy lost to air resistance is negligible for objects that are thrown up a short distance. For example, if you throw a ball up in the air, it will come back down with almost the same speed as it was thrown up with. However, for objects that are thrown up a long distance, the energy lost to air resistance can be significant. For example, if you throw a baseball into the air, it will not come back down with the same speed as it was thrown up with.

Therefore, the answer to your question is yes, something being thrown up has the same energy coming down, minus the energy lost to air resistance.

Except If I missed something.

the way you worded it was weird,

Pretty sure energy going up is also energy going down
but yes, i beleive you're correct

As he lowered, his strength decreased. In fact, the weight of Baki multiplied by g fell on the fence.

Damn, it's just a wire fence. You can literally shake him by leaning on him with your body
But Baki pushed against it. The fence absorbed the whole energy of Baki going down and then kicking it to reach Yujiro in a single leap and it wasn't even damaged. Baki was already above wall level at point.

when will you publish the papers
When I manage to steal some blank ones. Don't have money to buy them.

so energy increasing is the same as energy decreasing uncle serlok?

But I meant that when Baki was going down and he reached the fence considering it was nearly the height he was thrown by Yujiro the energy was the same minus the air resistance.

that's called falling bruh, he fell on the fence and it tanked the energy like a champ a presume is what you meant?
I propose this fence as the winner of the battle yes.
also the link doesn't show the fence
It shows Baki just leaping? It's Baki falling with his legs and pushing. Don't think there is an intermediate image. It's ch.168

Sidenote: Yo is isekai retsu canon? https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Grappler_Baki in the page it's stated as such. So would Retsu comparing the power of beasts to characters be scalable?

I propose this fence as the winner of the battle yes.
just like how anime pants are indestructable ig

but anyways, the link shows baki trying to deal any form of damage to yujiro (he fails miserably)
4.jpg

can't really see him leaping anywhere

Sidenote: Yo is isekai retsu canon? https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Grappler_Baki in the page it's stated as such. So would Retsu comparing the power of beasts to characters be scalable?

since it's canon, then it would scale if retsu

1 met and fought the beasts

2 we know how strong the beasts are (they're not featless)

then a likely rating would be a minimum ig

What the frick did I link? Here is the proper one. Showed the throw as well as the fact that the fence that baki was thrown out which seemed to be behind the people was totally fine. The fence should be the same because we saw Strydum under baki when he was flying so the fence should be the one behind Strydum.
the fence was damaged tho

10.jpg

it's just inconsistent art really

also yujiro break dancing gave me a good laugh

9.jpg

You can't reinforce a fence that is literally a twisted wire. It's like strengthening a volleyball net
You can reinforce a chain link fence in multiple ways. For example, using thicker posts made of tougher material, sinking the posts really deep, pouring a concrete foundation for the posts -- hell, even giving the posts a reinforced concrete foundation. This will all make it harder to knock down. You can also add stakes and/or railing to the bottom of the chain link to keep it from bending excessively.

Also I'm sure using galvanized steel as the netting would strengthen a volleyball net quite a bit

the fence was damaged tho

10.jpg

it's just inconsistent art really

also yujiro break dancing gave me a good laugh

9.jpg
Judging by the arc of the throw, it seems like Baki had a lot of horizontal velocity, so simply falling onto the fence he is not. Plus he's going up pretty ****** high so that's a pretty long fall that's slamming directly into the fence

....if there is something like that, why in god's living hell are we using this stupid earthquake feat and not that?

that should be in the 8B or 8A range, and yujiro would upscale from it, that's pretty good
I mean even Baki fighting an imaginary Yujro has a city block level feat which everyone scales to.

Just the canonicity of this manga is still in the air. However that's what is written. Like past events are constantly referenced and the guy is the same.

We need a crt to verify if the Retsu Isekai can be used to scale normal Baki
If it is scalable then this Retsu is probably the fifth strongest of the verse overall and probably sixth in raw strenght behind Pickle. Also the isekai is amazing so do read it. More Retsu is always good.

Last edited:
Judging by the arc of the throw, it seems like Baki had a lot of horizontal velocity, so simply falling onto the fence he is not. Plus he's going up pretty ***** high so that's a pretty long fall that's slamming directly into the fence
if he actually continued flying as shown in the panel he would have been yeeted away from the fence, at least that's what it looks like

so either 1 the fence is further away than the art makes it look like or 2 he didn't go that high, this is why i hate inconsistent art

We need a crt to verify if the Retsu Isekai can be used to scale normal Baki
should be pretty simple if it was verified as canon

I mean even Baki fighting an imaginary Yujro has a city block level feat which everyone scales to.
meh, that feat is pretty iffy if i'm being honest, a random neighbor of Baki thinking there's an earthquake because the floor is suddenly shaking doesn't magically turn it into something comparable to even a magnitude 1 quake. matter of fact you can make the ground shake just with a bunch of people walking

The earth also shakes if a strong enough missile or an oil tank blows up near your house. You just know better because you are either...well, dead or there's a very clear big boom that is incredibly hard to miss. Neither are city block levek level regardless, which is why i'm kinda iffy on it

but the retsu feat is indisputable, that's what you should using

Problem is I can't find anything on the canonicity of it. Some people on Reddit say it's canon while other's say it's not. It's made by I think another mangaka but with permission from Itagaki. I need to search for it but it has some good feats. Like Retsu swimming up a fall. Here is the monster he fights. Here he is able to push it. That's the whole created.

Kaioh Retsu my beloved
No seriously it's wonderful. Imagine Retsu and rpg. Also will edit this post with some feats.

Last edited:
if he actually continued flying as shown in the panel he would have been yeeted away from the fence, at least that's what it looks like

so either 1 the fence is further away than the art makes it look like or 2 he didn't go that high, this is why i hate inconsistent art
Tbf inconsistent scales distances etc. don't mean bad art, just makes calcing a pain. And tbh making impactful exciting panels is more important, and inconsistent exaggerated visuals are a good technique to do just that

Tbf inconsistent scales distances etc. don't mean bad art, just makes calcing a pain. And tbh making impactful exciting panels is more important, and inconsistent exaggerated visuals are a good technique to do just that
baki has amazing art, anyone who says otherwise is objectively wrong, the powerscaler inside me just spoke out his frustrations is all
Oh yeah, Itagaki's ability to draw the anatomy he does, and in such dynamic poses at times is admirable.

That said, in calculating Yujiro pushing through the ballistic glass, I had to re-pixel scale the height of the door from the scan showing the full surface (for length and width) of the ballistic glass including the door because it was much shorter in that scan two chapters before he does the thing. Perspective can be a pain. Can't blame Itagaki for not worrying too much about it sometimes lol

Has Retsu become stronger after entering another world, as it happens in ordinary issekai?

I mean, he never saw Yujiro destroy a building or a forest and only felt the pressure from him. Is it possible to assume that Retsu does not understand how much stronger he has become now?

I mean, he never saw Yujiro destroy a building or a forest and only felt the pressure from him. Is it possible to assume that Retsu does not understand how much stronger he has become now?
that's also a possibility, only way of knowing if he comes back and fights the actual ogre i guess

Has Retsu become stronger after entering another world, as it happens in ordinary issekai?

Retsu a martial arts master who constantly trains his body wouldn't know how powerful he is? And he would say the Ogre of my world was nothing like this? Also here is the only manga picture I could find. Retsu states only that he is in perfect health and has gained back his leg and arm. Also he met his teacher later who became a skeleton and said that humans are stronger if they stay humans so he didn't change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back