• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
So most of the upper tiers are scaled to be island level based on this scene where Biscuit causes a bunch of GPSs to freak out. But earlier it was established that Biscuit moving faster than a mere 6 miles per hour is enough to mess up GPSs due to a satellite that tracks him. In other words he didn't shake the planet, but moved over 6 MPH which caused a satellite to adjust which messed up any GPS linked to it.

They should be downgraded. Maybe Town level based on Ogre stopping a earthquake or something like that.

As a hypothetical, say the majority of people agree to change the scaling. What tiers would you suggest we use?

Depends. Although Oliva "shaking the Earth" may very well be a total wank, Yujiro's feats are a different case(I'd like to start with him so we can rank the rest of the characters accordingly). Yujiro is the strongest in the series. What can he do? Well for the most part, we've mostly seen him preform wall level feats when he is holding back and when he isnt, he is casually a large building level character, as he is able to survive lighting bolts and what not. On the other hand, we have the mind-boggling feats that nobody can understand(probably not even Itagaki himself as he likes to overhype his characters):

• Yujiro stopping ze earthquake- Now, this feat is really a huge middle finger to all the fans who were naive enough to believe Baki was a realistic anime/manga series. Looking at the scene over and over, I can say for sure that its Magnitude is around 6. Since this feat is absolutely valid due its absurd simplicity, Yujiro and all those who can go toe-to-toe with him can be placed at 7-C.
  • Yujiro is stronger than the USA's military and nuclear weapons- this is a bit of a self-insert wank by the author. The term "stronger than the USA army" could is a loose tie here. I believe the meaning here is that Yujiro is just more efficent in unleashing destruction, than the USA military is. And even if Yujiro IS indeed stronger than a highly advanced nuclear weapon at the time(which same to ours basically), its still city level at best.
My final verdict for Yujiro Hanma, the strongest character in Bakiverse, is this new placement:"At least Low 7-C, possibly High 7-C." The rest of the characters that are comparable to him should also get this placement. The characters who stand no chance against him(which is the majority), should be placed either at wall level, building level or something in between.

I'm pretty sure we had this exact same thread not even a month ago. In my opinion, I don't agree with the 6-C rating at all due to the fact it was based on a shoddy translation in the manga (People interpreting Oliva "shaking the World" as literal and not the fact he simply moved fast enough that the GPS went out of sync).

However 7-C vs 7-A Yujiro is a different story. Personally I lean on 7-A because to be honest I had no idea what the hell that guy in the other thread was talking about. If it's a Magnitude 6 Earthquake, it's still a Magnitude 6 Earthquake. Though the destruction capacity can vary, would it still not require the same amount of force to straight up stop it altogether? He didn't just cancel out the waves, it just straight up stopped.

> I'm pretty sure we had this exact same thread not even a month ago

It seems we did. So why not use "At leaat Low 7-C, possibly 7-A". The Biscuit thing should just be dismisses as an improper interpretation of what happened.

If I actually saw that people upgraded Baki based off this "feat" I would've been so ridiculously against it. Like Qawsed said, Oliva didn't actually shake planet earth. He ****** with the GPS systems by going super fast.

Hmm...seems like the four of us have agreed on downgrading Yujiro and most of the Baki cast to their original level. Let's wait a bit and see if anyone else will add more arguments against/for the downgrade, before we make the changes.

In before people take that one time Oliva said his "muscles would grow beyond the heavens if I don't restrain them" as a literal feat.

But since this seems clear cut-ish, what should the new ratings be for everyone? Is the Low 7-C to 7-A acceptable?

Yujiro stopping that earthquake is the only VALID feat we've been provided with so far, that suggests a placement higher than building level. The major powers of the planet being scared shitless of Yujiro and Oliva shouldn't be defined as an AP feat. And the claims that Yujiro's punches are more powerful than a nuclear impact should be excluded as it only gets mentioned like what...two to three times at best? That's simply Itagaki overhyping his characters, something he does very oftenly. I suggest we take the 'serious' statements in the manga very lightly and focus more on the actual feats presented to us.

@Qaswedf234 Yeah, "At least Low 7-C, possibly 7-A" seems like a more logical placement in terms of rational POV.

Okay. If there isn't anyone else who wants to leave a valid argument against or for the change, then I'll just go ahead and ask Ant if the downgrade is allowed to be added in the Bakiverse.

There is nothing to really "calc" for Oliver's case. He never once shook the World, he just threw a guy so fast that the Satellite tracking their fight went slightly disoriented hence "shaking the World" (from the perspective of the GPS). They kind of establish early on in the arc that if Yujiro, Oliva, and Che went slightly faster than their respective Satellite's tracking speed, then it would cause problems.

BigDawgs said:
There is nothing to really "calc" for Oliver's case. He never once shook the World, he just threw a guy so fast that the Satellite tracking their fight went slightly disoriented hence "shaking the World" (from the perspective of the GPS). They kind of establish early on in the arc that if Yujiro, Oliva, and Che went slightly faster than their respective Satellite's tracking speed, then it would cause problems.
Bullcrap, satellite should already looking at them from start of their battle

There is no need for Satellite to move that much just from oliver thrown someone

That your head canon at this point, What reason do you think that Satellite Track Oliver rather than the fight? Or why to you think that the satellite that track people like Yujiro or Oliver is the same at Gps Satellite?

Are you sure you remember things clearly?

[1]

It straight up states that if they act erractically it messes with the GPS. The only thing resembling a feat here is the fact Oliva affected all the GPS around the World rather than just a 70m radius, but that's completely unquantifiable in every sense of the word. It's a non-feat that looks cool on paper but doesn't really say much about the character's actual capabilities. It would be like writing "A man threw a punch so painful everyone in the World got shivers."

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is there not a huge difference between the radiated waves and the actual Earthquake itself? Power=/=Power Output essentially. If so, I believe Yujiro should keep his previous 7-A rating because he seemed to have just straight up STOPPED the Earthquake altogether, not just nullify the waves.

BigDawgs said:
Are you sure you remember things clearly?
[1]

It straight up states that if they act erractically it messes with the GPS. The only thing resembling a feat here is the fact Oliva affected all the GPS around the World rather than just a 70m radius, but that's completely unquantifiable in every sense of the word. It's a non-feat that looks cool on paper but doesn't really say much about the character's actual capabilities. It would be like writing "A man threw a punch so painful everyone in the World got shivers."
Oh ok

There are literally two levels of hype in Baki.

At one level, we have transport destruction, skyscrapers shaking and fighting with danosaurs as serious feats to which attention should be paid.

And on another level, we have a stopping of earthquakes and superiority over the US army.

I personally consider this verse to be extremely inconsistent. I really sympathize with those people who are trying to evaluate this verse from a rational point of view. It is quite difficult.

Lol couldn't agree more with DarkLK. I said this in a previous thread.

"TBH Baki is a relatively normal superhuman verse that just then out of nowhere throws some insane shit that you can't really believe lol

Most of the feats in the series, including ones meant to get ya really hyped, are Tier 9-8 and Subsonic-Hypersonic.

Then bam earthquake stopping and faster than light statements lmao"

DarkLK said:
There are literally two levels of hype in Baki.
At one level, we have transport destruction, skyscrapers shaking and fighting with danosaurs as serious feats to which attention should be paid.

And on another level, we have a stopping of earthquakes and superiority over the US army.

I personally consider this verse to be extremely inconsistent. I really sympathize with those people who are trying to evaluate this verse from a rational point of view. It is quite difficult.
Ahhhh the suffering

Ooh while we're talking about Baki, can I mention that Doppo freaking stopped Baki's Cockroach Dash with Sumo in the recent Sukune arc? Thought that would be funny to point out. I can find scans tomorrow if you want.

BigDawgs said:
Ooh while we're talking about Baki, can I mention that Doppo freaking stopped Baki's Cockroach Dash with Sumo in the recent Sukune arc? Thought that would be funny to point out. I can find scans tomorrow if you want.
Doppo also brings some inconvenience to Yujiro even earlier.

Av64af
Even when Yujiro used the demon, Doppo at least withstood several blows.

I remind you that Yujiro stopped the earthquake in his base without much effort...

Still, at this point of the series you would expect Doppo to be a mid-tier side character, so the fact he can pull this that late on in the series is insane.

Our expectation about in-verse tiering has been crumbling many times already I think.

Ryukama said:
Lol couldn't agree more with DarkLK. I said this in a previous thread.
"TBH Baki is a relatively normal superhuman verse that just then out of nowhere throws some insane shit that you can't really believe lol

Most of the feats in the series, including ones meant to get ya really hyped, are Tier 9-8 and Subsonic-Hypersonic.

Then bam earthquake stopping and faster than light statements lmao"
All the people I know who read Baki think in the same way. And even if at some point people start to suspect that yes, these guys are actually so strong, we suddenly get shit from the author, like Yujiro has a 0.5 second reaction time like any other human. Or someone remembers how Yujiro passed out from darts with sleeping pills (OMG blue whale dose). WTF

BigDawgs said:
LOL

So should we scale from the higher feats or give the characters variable tiers?

Then again, Marvel Comics is far more inconsistent than even this.

@DarkLK You also go from shit like Spec being able to cause the statue of liberty to collapse with his punches to only the 3 strongest people in the world being stronger than a machine gun.

Yujiro in general is a huge outlier in the series so you probably shouldn't scale off him, considering how he's as strong as the plot demands at any time (and every time he's the stronger guy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back