• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki Discussion Thread

Can anyone tell where to find scans of Musashi's Superhuman Perception as given to him on the speed part of his page? I'm using his feat of reading muscle movements before they happen in a debate, and someone is asking for scans

Baki should have something for being able to make his center of gravity on his feet. It was said when the narrator analyzed his stance, maybe very limited gravity manip.

BakiHanma18 said:
Can anyone tell where to find scans of Musashi's Superhuman Perception as given to him on the speed part of his page? I'm using his feat of reading muscle movements before they happen in a debate, and someone is asking for scans
If not, does anyone know roughly where I can look as far as chapters?

KGiffoni said:
Baki should have something for being able to make his center of gravity on his feet. It was said when the narrator analyzed his stance, maybe very limited gravity manip.
I'm not sure, possibly, but I'm on the fence

Okay, to add on to the stuff that Amlad wants added to Che, Mind Control for Yujiro, and resistance to mind control for Hanayama, the reasoning for Baki's DB boost should be changed. Rn it says 3-4x because he goes from doing nothing to Yujiro to barely hurting him, but if I remember correctly, the real reason is upscaling from Incomplete Demon Back with Retsu's "doubled in power" statement

https://youtu.be/7ITfXuknImI

The anime was adapted to better fit Itagaki's later descriptions of characters. Mostly Baki and Yujiro. The anime and manga give two very different characters when looking at those two because the anime changed many things from the manga to fit the way Itagaki has the characters from NGB onwards.

Yujiro is the more obvious one. Just look at any scene he's in during the first series and you'll see minor to major changes.

I'd say that's the case for the 2018 Netflix anime but that certainly shouldn't apply to the older anime, and Itagaki has zero involvement in either one of those. Similarly we use Fairy Tails anime as canon ( Only because Hiro works on it.) and even then we don't use the translations from the anime. The same applies here, at best you could argue that the animation is canon but the translations for anime are always gonna be inconsistent from what the manga has.

The newer anime didn't change anything. If they did it was only minor changes. The older anime had major plot point changes and some feats were removed or changed to better fit the later depictions of Yujiro and Baki like I said. This is due to Itagaki not wanting Yujiro to be a literal god until NGB, so the original manga has things that are made for the older non accurate depiction of Yujiro such as Kureha being a match for Yujiro, or Motobe making Yujiro bring his Demon Back out, or Doppo being able to cut Yujiro's wrists. All of these were retconned to fit the newer Yujiro. There's a lot more but those are notable examples of big things that were changed

New chapter is out so might as well talk about it here.

Things I took from this week's chapter:

- Itagaki really, REALLY loves the whole size thing. But I can't be the only one to find it weird that Kinryuzan doubts Shibukawa despite seeing him in action against people like Doppo and Jack.

- Kyogei is bout to get ******* smashed.

its pretty shit tbh. same old "little guy boutta whoop big guy's ass". nothing new. BUT i actually feel a twist coming. little might finally feel the wrath of big belly man

Shouldn't Yujiro have Stealth Mastery for this (1:40)? Considering that was a damn open field, that Strydum was trying his best to be in alert, had previous knowledge, and is a general of the US army?

If that wasn't enough, there's also that chapter where he infiltrates some US Army tent without being seen too, literally walking in the shadows of the guards...

And iirc there's also stuff like that on his vietnam flashbacks.

Anyways, anyone has the scans where Motobe explains how Aiki works with the ki stuff and all that?

And about we upgrading Yujiro to Extraordinary Genius, anyone has anything against it?

KGiffoni said:
Shouldn't Yujiro have Stealth Mastery for this (1:40)? Considering that was a damn open field, that Strydum was trying his best to be in alert, had previous knowledge, and is a general of the US army?
I don't even have to look at the clip because I was watching it yesterday and know exactly what you're talking about and thought the same thing

I 100% agree

Very well. The reasoning seems pretty straight-foward and a good number of people agree. I'll add that to his page yet today.

KGiffoni said:
If that wasn't enough, there's also that chapter where he infiltrates some US Army tent without being seen too, literally walking in the shadows of the guards...

Anyways, anyone has the scans where Motobe explains how Aiki works with the ki stuff and all that?

And about we upgrading Yujiro to Extraordinary Genius, anyone has anything against it?
About the Aiki stuff, I can't seem to locate it. Do you remember who Shibukawa was fighting?

KGiffoni said:
Isn't learning more than a century of a very difficult martial art in a few seconds already Extraordinary Genius to beggin with? Not only that, he has extensive knowledge in many fields, such as cooking, biomechanics, biology, chemistry, arithmetic, zoology, and more. He even mastered complex martial arts that ceased existing in the modern world, their only remaining being in history books and the such.
I personally think he should be "Genius overall, Extraordinary Genius when it comes to CQC and fields related to it."

The norm for Extraordinary Genius level is: " Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over many fields of science and who vastly surpass the intellects of the smartest humans on Earth. "

He fits that description like a glove.
this

BakiHanma18 said:
KGiffoni said:

About the Aiki stuff, I can't seem to locate it. Do you remember who Shibukawa was fighting?
Try looking over Shibukawa vs Jack and Shibukawa vs Doppo, pretty please.

KGiffoni said:
BakiHanma18 said:
KGiffoni said:

Try looking over Shibukawa vs Jack and Shibukawa vs Doppo, pretty please.
Will do

Alright, then i'll be editting both Stealth Mastery and Extraordinary Genius into his page.

Thanks.

S╠Âh╠Âi╠Âb╠Âu╠Âk╠Âa╠Âw╠Âa╠ ╠Âs╠Âo╠Âu╠Ân╠Âd╠Âs╠ ╠Âj╠Âu╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Âl╠Âi╠Âk╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âo╠Âm╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âe╠Âi╠Âr╠Âd╠ ╠Âg╠Âo╠Âo╠Âg╠Âl╠Âe╠ ╠Ât╠Âr╠Âa╠Ân╠Âs╠Âl╠Âa╠Ât╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠Ân╠Âa╠Âr╠Âr╠Âa╠Ât╠Âo╠Âr╠Â

Shibukawa should have pressure points and status effect inducement (paralyzation) through it

Back