• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki Discussion Thread

That sounds about right. The Hanma's abilities to process information and analyze movement patterns and such seems to be linked to their Hanma Brain (Baki and Yujiro are both able to analyze an opponent's martial art and replicate it, what their next moves may be, and pattern and weakness in opponents). This is also consistent with Jack not having these abilities like his father and brother due to his lacking of the Hanma genes (Skeleton, Back, Brain, etc. Closest thing he has, likely from his Hanma blood, is his berserk mode)

I'm honestly against resurrection for Baki simply due to it being a one time thing. Itagaki never even mentions it again and it never comes up in future events despite how close Baki has been to death time and time again. Also Kaku purposefully killed himself where as Baki was actually killed in battle. Kaku's is heavily controlled by his body control abilities to shut down his organs and all that. It's not just plain out resurrection which also makes more sense in a verse like Grappler Baki.

6th sense is fine unless anyone else has a point against it.

AP for the two is fine. I'm sure if we looked we could find feats of other characters that have AP as well. Doppo should lowkey have it based on the fight with Dorian. They aren't on Yujiro's level ofc but they have it.

That's my overall input.

Shutting your organs down, stopping your blood flow, etc is body control. But making it come back from that can't be obtained through body control. The moment you do that, you're dead. You can't control your body to make the blood move again or to make your organs work again, because you're dead.

Imo Baki has that "his body is unable to fight but his spirit still has the willpower to do so" against Yujiro, but that's as far as we're going. Perhaps extreme willpower?

Also it's possible that Kaku's ressurection comes via Chi Manip or something in those lines since Xiao Lee is so linked to it.

Yeah, at the very least, Baki's willpower projection should be separated from his illusion creation, because if the projection that revives him is the same as the one that attacks Yujiro, it is something that can physically affect the world, even while it's user is dead/completely immobile

Alright, I'll add AP, Sixth sense, and willpower for Baki, AP for Gaia, and resurrection on Kaku with note of how it works. Anything else?

I'm sure that'll be ok. As long as you've got the scans for it all.

Also happy new year to everyone!

Musashi's ability isn't something you can logically copy. It seems more like an ability just for him. Yujiro can only copy something if it's physically possible to copy. The same way he wouldn't be able to fire blasts of energy out of his hands if he saw a dragon ball character do it. That's how I see it

It's also a huge stretch to assume someone who copies martial arts can mimic someone's brain. I'm against it but we can see what others think for sure.

I mean, these martial arts have crazy abilities too. To say he's just copying martial arts is ignoring how they are in the Bakiverse.

But yeah let's wait for the others to opine.

I'm not entirely against Telepathy, but the logic behind it seems to be a stretch. I'm not outright saying no for now, but I'd like the chance to do some research.

Also, updates to Baki, Gaia, and Kaku are done

Orochi Doppo should have something such as paralyzation inducement thanks to what he did to Baki. Y'know, that scene where he says "i'll use x move, defend yourself" and Baki can't move a muscle. Yujiro should also get it for upscaling.

KGiffoni said:
Orochi Doppo should have something such as paralyzation inducement thanks to what he did to Baki. Y'know, that scene where he says "i'll use x move, defend yourself" and Baki can't move a muscle. Yujiro should also get it for upscaling.
I'll add it to Doppo with his new Analytical prediction if everyone agrees

I may have forgotten to add Para induce, but I've already added a para move to Yujiro's set

• Dashin: It is a body tap with an explosion of shock waves through the entire body of an opponent. Dasshin also referred as "ball" in Chinese kempo exploits the fact that the adult human body is made up of roughly 50-65% water and causes a mass shock wave of that water, paralyzing the body of an opponent.
but this is Chinese Kempo, so Doppo's may be different. Do you have a scan?

I think so. It's a good ability to have. This was prime Doppo, but it should be alright to apply this to the other keys too.

KGiffoni said:
I think so. It's a good ability to have. This was prime Doppo, but it should be alright to apply this to the other keys too.
Yes, very good indeed. If everyone agrees, I can add this to Dopp and Yujiro

Gaia should have intangibility for his fight against Baki, Yujiro should upscale from it. Didn't Baki also have a fight where the guy's attacks passed right through him? That would also count as limited intangibility.

Also do me a solid and include limited invisibility for Yujiro, also upscaling from Baki. I'm kinda busy rn.

I don't recall the exact opponent or chapter, but Baki was fighting someone in the underground arena and the guy had the impression his attacks were passing right through him. However, one of the master martial artists watching the fight observed and said that what was actually happening was that Baki was dodging only the minimum needed to avoid the attacks without actually doing any notable movements. It's also noted this is a common concept in martial arts. That's why it's "limited", perhaps a "pseudo" would fit better.

I don't think Doppo was paralyzing Baki. The speed of the blows were just so fast that even with prior knowledge of where the blow was going to land he couldn't block it at all. We saw later that Maximum Tournament Doppo and Katsumi were doing the exact same thing and neither of the two were paralyzed. And that's because the two were comparable in speed.

As for intangibility I guess pseudo works since it's technically just dodging but he does appear to become intangible to opponents and those watching.

Amlad22 said:
I don't think Doppo was paralyzing Baki. The speed of the blows were just so fast that even with prior knowledge of where the blow was going to land he couldn't block it at all. We saw later that Maximum Tournament Doppo and Katsumi were doing the exact same thing and neither of the two were paralyzed. And that's because the two were comparable in speed.
As for intangibility I guess pseudo works since it's technically just dodging but he does appear to become intangible to opponents and those watching.
Could Baki mean when he says "I can't move" basically that he couldn't move fast enough to react or fast enough to dodge?

Gaia should have limited invisibility for his fight with Sikorsky, but it should be noted that it only works on sandy soils

KGiffoni said:
Gaia should have limited invisibility for his fight with Sikorsky, but it should be noted that it only works on sandy soils
I'm shocked, I though he already had it via Camo on his page

Back