• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki Discussion Thread

Shouldn't everyone who fought Yujiro get resistance to fear and madness manip?

Also yeah i think The Orb should have something like Blunt Attack Nullification

I dunno, he made Baki piss himself twice. If it was a matter of the damage he was taking, he probably would've shit himself as well, but he pissed himself, twice.

Hanayama should get resistance to fear manipulation, but only because G.M. used that weird Persian martial art to hypnotize Hanayama into seeing his worst fear (his mother beating him up), and he broke out of it. Same martial art I was wonder if Yujiro should have, as its distinctly outlined as an ancient middle eastern martial art

" Your worst fear?

My mom beating me up "

Which chapter did that happen lol? I wanna read it

Question for anyone that does calcs. Would a KE calc for Katsumi's perfected Mach Punch be usable?

We have statements from Kaku Kaioh that it can reach a minimum speed of 1000 miles per minute or 26822.4 m/s.

We also know from Katsumi that he uses his entire body mass to use the attack at its full power. So we can use his mass of 116kg

Using KE we get, 0.5(116)*26822.4^2 = 4.17E+10

This is Large Building Level+, just barely under City Block Level and considering this is the minimum speed it's not bad. So it would make sense to upscale to 8-B.

Why do I suggest this? We currently scale the Mach Fist to 7-C but I think that's far too generous. Katsumi harmed Pickle but he also did no real damage to him during the fight. It was akin to Prime Doppo stunning Yujiro for a brief moment. And what is Prime Doppo. That's right boys 8-B.

My overall suggestion, Katsumi's perfected Mach Fist should be 8-B. We could probably keep 'higher with True Mach Fist' though cause it's stronger but to an unknown amount.

Opinions?

Hey guys, so, i find myself thinking

Shouldn't Yujiro be an Extraordinary Genius?

And shouldn't Baki have Resistance to Telephaty for his fight against Musashi for that part where Musashi failed to read Baki's attack?

Isn't learning more than a century of a very difficult martial art in a few seconds already Extraordinary Genius to beggin with? Not only that, he has extensive knowledge in many fields, such as cooking, biomechanics, biology, chemistry, arithmetic, zoology, and more. He even mastered complex martial arts that ceased existing in the modern world, their only remaining being in history books and the such.

I personally think he should be "Genius overall, Extraordinary Genius when it comes to CQC and fields related to it."

The norm for Extraordinary Genius level is: " Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over many fields of science and who vastly surpass the intellects of the smartest humans on Earth. "

He fits that description like a glove.

KGiffoni said:
No, in the next chapter it's implicit he's "hearing" the creation of Musashi
Ahhhh, okay, even still, I'd say that ES is warranted, though he already has Enhanced Sixth I believe, dunno if the 2 different ES will clash

u guys mind if i ask where i can read the tournament arc for baki? the one in which we first meet jack, retsu, etc. Its extremely hard to find.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
u guys mind if i ask where i can read the tournament arc for baki? the one in which we first meet jack, retsu, etc. Its extremely hard to find.
I also have extreme difficulty finding it, if a translated version exists to beggin with.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
I might be able to link you to a YouTuber that covers all the arcs of Baki if you'd be okay with that

KGiffoni said:
Isn't learning more than a century of a very difficult martial art in a few seconds already Extraordinary Genius to beggin with? Not only that, he has extensive knowledge in many fields, such as cooking, biomechanics, biology, chemistry, arithmetic, zoology, and more. He even mastered complex martial arts that ceased existing in the modern world, their only remaining being in history books and the such.
I personally think he should be "Genius overall, Extraordinary Genius when it comes to CQC and fields related to it."

The norm for Extraordinary Genius level is: " Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over many fields of science and who vastly surpass the intellects of the smartest humans on Earth. "

He fits that description like a glove.
about this

I think by "subdued" in context of how Musashi tried to slice him, but he "subdued" him each time, I'd say he blocked it or dodged it somehow

BakiHanma18 said:
Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
I might be able to link you to a YouTuber that covers all the arcs of Baki if you'd be okay with that
well, i dont mind. i just wanted to know, cuz someone has the pages for the fights for characters that appear in that arc of the manga, and they added the pages to the profiles here.

Hey so i'm re-reading Baki Dou and i got some new stuff

Enhanced Senses for Musashi (could, at a first try, identify the fact Motobe's liquor and cigarettes were poisoned, Motobe even refering to them as "carefully laid craftwork")

Information Analysis or something like that for Kaku Kaioh (identified the fighting style of Motobe at first glance, what was explictly said by Katsumi)

Afterimage Creation for Musashi (Katsumi said he left an afterimage and the audience said that Retsu's "knifes" were passing straight through him)

Enhanced Taste for Yujiro (is a connoisseur)

Extrasensory Perception for Musashi (not only could he feel Yujiro's presence outside of Tokugawa's house, it's implicit he knew Yujiro was strong)

Enhanced Sixth for Musashi (Yujiro claims he has the senses of a real warrior, and knows when not to hold back)

Enhanced Hearing for Gaia (could hear Motobe's conversation with Tokugawa from the rafters)

Something for Motobe too, because he knew there was someone on the rafters hearing, but he didn't know it was Gaia until he said so

I'm not sure what this would be, possibly Information Analysis for Musashi since he knew Motobe had lots of hidden weapons in him even when Motobe never exposed them

Weaponry Mastery for Kaku Kaioh (knows how to use two swords simultaneously, should have mastery over weapons similar to Retsu Kaioh)

Back