• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki Discussion Thread

That's exactly what I think he means. If we never saw it again I could see paralysis but we literally see the exact same set of moves being used later on against Katsumi and there's no paralysis. The difference is that Maximum Tournament Doppo isn't far above Katsumi in speed the way Prime Doppo is far above Baki.

As for Gaia the answer is simply his Adrenalin levels. Gaia pumps himself up with adrenalin to boost his physical stats to extreme levels. But he can only do that once his personality switches

I mean, maybe it's because Katsumi is also a Karate user. Dunno.

I see.

Btw Amlad why don't you stop by the Ikki vs Yujiro thread? You're very known of Yujiro.

I really don't remember. But iirc it's not from the 1st manga, it had the style of the newer ones. Probably somewhere in Son of Ogre.

Yujiro, Baki, and Gaia: Pseudo Intan

Yujiro: limited invis

Doppo: AP

Gaia: alread has Camo, so limited invis isnt necessary

Is that everything?

Hey guys can someone give me the scans/chapter that shows Aiki as Chi Manipulation and all that stuff? I need it for a debate

The whole idea of Aikido is based around using your opponents energy against them. Aiki in Baki is just the exaggerated form of that. I think it's stated in the maximum tournament exactly how Aiki works so I'll try to find it there.

What if we gave Yujiro a Town+ (for base) and High 7-C (for DB) rating via stomp since his 7-C feat comes through a punch and stomp is explictly said to be 3-4x stronger than one's punches

Just a thought i had

It would end up like this: 7-C, 7-C+ w/ Stomp | 7-C+, High 7-C w/ Stomp

Or is it not worth mentioning since he has so many AP amping moves?

Ok guy there this guy I'm arguing with, and he's saying that Kiryu Setsuna can defeat Doppo Orochi. I keep bringing up the stats difference but the guy won't stop.

Am I crazy?

He's completely insane I was already debating him in a previous thread on Reddit. He has no knowledge of grappler Baki in the slightest and his Kengan knowledge is iffy at best. I believe I saw him using NGB Doppo feats to prove why Prime Doppo would lose. It made me laugh.

So, about Dorian tanking an almost point-blank grenade

It looks like a MK.2 Grenade, what makes sense since it was originally used in WW II and Baki happens in 19XX

Maybe?

Only thing I got after a couple min research is it has around 2oz of TNT it carries in it. And I do remember Dorian having it in his hand and it exploding to try and take the other main chars down with him. Seeing that he's alive, it's gotta yield some result out of that.

Can't really say how else it'll be if it's above 9-A or not.

I'd say higher into 9-A to what they currently scale to.

The M67 Fragmentation Grenade produces casualties within a radius of 15 meters.

W = R^3*((27136*P + 8649)^(1/2)/13568 - 93/13568)^2

W = 15^3*((27136*0.27 + 8649)^(1/2)/13568 - 93/13568)^2

W = 0.0204 (in tons)

Yeah forget what i said, it could be higher but the fact it failed to fully destroy Tokugawa's house really pushes it back

Oh I remember that too in the aftermath.

I would argue that it could be due to Dorian tanking most of the blast but...idk. If that's not the case, then that does put a damper on a potential result.

Technically Transonic but the result is like .04 Mach or whatever away from baseline Supersonic so I guess anyone comparable or, better yet, superior to Sikorsky would be Supersonic.

Yeah exactly it's so close to supersonic that most people would scale unless they are weaker than Sikorsky. Katsumi scales to supersonic anyway cause Mach Fist and fighters like Jack and Baki could react to and replicate the same attack.

In Hanayama Gaiden, the Grand Master uses a technique similar to Dorian's hypnosis ( I have a vid of the scans if y'all want). Would it be okay to upscale to Yujiro?

Also, who amongst staff would be okay with being asked to confirm?

On the topic of Hanayama Gaiden, is Chiharu's pain tolerance on the level of T-Rex, or at least comparable? There was his fight with Baki, but more specifically, T-Rex gets his nose torn off by G.M., and Chiharu says he'd be able to get back up from that too, but for a different reason

Oliva should have something for his "The Orb", but i don't see a power or ability that fits it. It's not reflecting the attack, just nullifying it.

Last I checked that's under Body Control, which fits it well enough for how it works.

Also, but spoilers who haven't read this in any way yet, does anyone here think the way Musashi was "defeated" not what they thought the outcome would be? I was expecting something to go down brutally but I was disappointed in the same way how Baki and Ali Jr. fight went down. Though at least with Musashi vs Baki, I wasn't as disappointed as the other. Just wasn't expecting it to end that way.

Mangarock or some similar places.

Thing is the sites I've searched on don't update some of the Baki related mangas fast enough while others are like 1 chapter or so translated, so I just read through through Youtube watch like off of this Youtuber named AnimeFightClub cuz apparently he's managed to find a site that has updated Baki manga content including the entire Musashi arc which is pretty great but also BS taht I can't find said site he's got them from.

Back