• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki Discussion Thread

The pace of these chapters is painfully slow but at least we can confidently say now that Shibukawa's about to make this man eat dirt.

I really think what Baki and Yujiro have is limited subjective reality + illusion creation, not sense manip. Since the time we have first debated this i've remembered lots of occasions where Baki has managed to do lots of real stuff with his imagination.

By instance, there's that feat where his imaginary Yujiro literally does a crater and not only that also manages to do a miniature earthquake that i calced.

There's also that time where Baki's imaginary giant praying mantis also did a crater when fighting Baki.

And i'm sure that if someone took more time to search there would be more feats like that, aside from all the stuff we already remember clearly. On top of that, i feel like the few times the author has described the workings of this ability he always refered more to "imaginary" and "not real" than "senses" and "feelings".

Can't recall how this one went, but Baki's also used his imaginary thing against Pickle, Musashi (maybe, I can't remember this one), and Nomi no Sukune.

There's maybe that but I can't recall anymore else.

I agree with limited SR and IC cuz what Baki does shouldn't even have happened at all in reality. From making a boxer for him to fight with, to making imaginary figures of a praying mantis and his father. Same for Yujiro too.

Yeah, I mean, it's one thing to take damage from a fighter you imagined, that's just Sense Manip. However, the force applied to Baki by the imaginary Yujiro was able to crater a wall and quake a small portion of the city. Unless Baki's imagination is Sense Manipulating physical objects like the cratered wall and the shaking houses, limited SR is starting to sound more plausible. Sure, Baki's senses could've been manipulated to feel the punch, but now matter how badly the punch felt, it wouldn't have actually applied a physical force to do what it did

A hypothetical question I'd like to see what everyone's thoughts are on it: if the revamped inmates fought these Sumo guys, how well do you guys think each of them would do? If anyone gets stomped, do you think the main cast would help any of them?

Question about PAD Yujiro: does he have the same level of skill as normal Yujiro, or is he considered completely and totally separate from normal Yujiro?

Logically he should as he is just the same character in a different setting with no major differences outside of the stuff for his gameplay. But, due to him just being an image and some stats, we can't tell for sure.

00potato said:
Logically he should as he is just the same character in a different setting with no major differences outside of the stuff for his gameplay. But, due to him just being an image and some stats, we can't tell for sure.
Thanks, with this, I'd present the argument as "likely the same, but no confirmation one way or the other"

But that requires more assumptions really. There are no real differences besides gameplay so it makes more sense. Sometimes the more simple and obvious answer is the right one.

That's what I was thinking, but I didn't want to just assume they'd be the same. My logic is basically there's no proof that they are different in terms of skill simply because the argument would be something along the lines of "PAD Yujiro is as skilled as GB Yujiro" "Prove it" "It's literally GB Yujiro adapted to the PAD game"

So chapter 53 is out, spoilers below as expected.

I'm happy to see the pace pick up so much. We actually got a really good fight scene this chapter that made me go "wow Itagaki's fights still have the charm I remember".

Kyogei is defiantly showing to be the underdog here in every way, with his one hit on Shibukawa doing nothing besides throw him back.

Can't wait for Shibukawa to floor him like he did with Oliva back in NGB. It's the only thing I can imagine with him grabbing Shibukawa in the typical Sumo grip.

Amlad22 said:
So chapter 53 is out, spoilers below as expected.
I'm happy to see the pace pick up so much. We actually got a really good fight scene this chapter that made me go "wow Itagaki's fights still have the charm I remember".

Kyogei is defiantly showing to be the underdog here in every way, with his one hit on Shibukawa doing nothing besides throw him back.

Can't wait for Shibukawa to floor him like he did with Oliva back in NGB. It's the only thing I can imagine with him grabbing Shibukawa in the typical Sumo grip.
Knowing Shibukawa, the man is going to beat Kyogei's grip without even grabbing him or something lol

Tyri456 said:
Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Well boys we did it, Yujiro is 5-B
why no one ever used it? It's the first time I see this profile
I made it on Tuesday.

BakiHanma18 said:
Question about PAD Yujiro: does he have the same level of skill as normal Yujiro, or is he considered completely and totally separate from normal Yujiro?
He fights with elemental orbs and PaD skills only.

Baki, Doppo, Retsu and Yujiro's pants are in the game as characters too, but I don't feel like adding them right now.

Back