• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grand Priest's Probability Manipulation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kinda hard to scan since it's in the middle of an attack in game and i'd do the video but i don't have the GP cards.

I think the original thread about DBH GP had those.

Zamasu Chan said:
How would Goku have it?
He has Miracle CI, which can greatly increase the chances of his attacks severely harming his opponent and, in turn, greatly decrease the chances of said attacks missing, being dodged, or being stopped. It can also function as a one-shot)

Leon Help4 said:
Its because this wiki is viased against dragon ball.

Wonder why they allow gurren laggan's probability manip but not this?
Maybe it's because it's actually mentioned in canon and not a literal game mechanic.

But you're right. In that we do have a Dragon Ball bias. Because we're too worried about the backlash from the fans to make any downgrades.

The real cal howard said:
Okay no. This is even more game mechanics than I thought.
Okay, yes, we already had that 'muh game mechanics' discussion dozens of time about DBH, they are litteraly part of the story that characters tell you about at the start of the game and it's especialy hypocritical to try and use that argument when this thread was made just because you didn't like that Darkrai lost in a thread where you tried to use game mechanics for him.

Leon Help4 GP's probability manipulation is allowed, the whole point of the thread is that Cal want that to change but most people don't seem to go along with it.

Calm the heck down.

This isnt a DBH upgrade thread. Create one for those

@Dragomer. At this point I don't even care about the outcome of the Darkrai match. Note how I haven't responded to it in over 12 hours. This however, is still in my view. And who cares why it was created. Warren downgraded Rosalina by a literal infinite amount over a versus thread with her and Alien X with less backlash, and I'm removing a single ability.

And yes. They probably do mention it in the beginning. Most likely in a tutorial, where the game mechanics are told to you. Pray tell, is CI ever mentioned in the anime adaptation? Probably not. Because it's a game mechanic.

@Dragomer. At this point I don't even care about the outcome of the Darkrai match. Note how I haven't responded to it in over 12 hours. This however, is still in my view. And who cares why it was created. Warren downgraded Rosalina by a literal infinite amount over a versus thread with her and Alien X with less backlash, and I'm removing a single ability.
And yes. They probably do mention it in the beginning. Most likely in a tutorial, where the game mechanics are told to you. Pray tell, is CI ever mentioned in the anime adaptation? Probably not. Because it's a game mechanic.
Grace had ended more than 12 hours ago TBH. You're not removing anything since people don't seem to agree at all and maybe it got less backlash because it was a legitimate downgrade while removing this ability isn't legitimate, ever though about that ? Removing stuff for no reason or for false reason get more backlash than removing it for legitimate reason, that's basic logic.

It's important when you try to play the 'game mechanics' card despite using game mechanics in the thread that led to the creation of this on.

Once again, the characters talk about it, it gets explained to you and you litteraly enter a video game that has said mechanics even for people in-universe, you can't dismiss it.

The anime adaptation hasn't mentionned Beats or the real world either, what does it matter ? it assume you know what happened before.

Toad teaches Mario to press A to jump. It's talked about which means it's definitely more than just game mechanics. Mario must press A to jump every time.

Where tf did I ever use game mechanics in that thread?

Toad teaches Mario to press A to jump. It's talked about which means it's definitely more than just game mechanics.
Where tf did I ever use game mechanics in that thread?
And Mario does jump, that's like his main ability in the franchise and what he is known for, you really think Mario having the ability to jump is game mechanics, hell the paper mario ones and the RPG ones even make a big deal over Mario's ability to jump, dude was called Jumpman for a while.

I have no idea what you though you were proving by bringing up Mario.

Clearly missed the obvious point I was making as I was referring to pressing A to the point where I think you were selectively listening.

" You're not removing anything since people don't seem to agree at all and maybe it got less backlash because it was a legitimate downgrade while removing this ability isn't legitimate, ever though about that ? Removing stuff for no reason or for false reason get more backlash than removing it for legitimate reason, that's basic logic."

Assalt, Sigurd, and Maverick: Am I a joke to you?

This are game mechanics. More importantly, why does this guy have a profile?

Actually, DBH is a game-world (as in, a game in the videogame) if Im not mistaken. Game mechanics should be allowed in that case as we do with isekais.

Here and Here

There are most likely other SDBH videos with that card but they are way to long to scan through them.

I still don't get how this manipulates probability all it looks like is a stat amp.

PaChi2 said:
Actually, DBH is a game-world (as in, a game in the videogame) if Im not mistaken. Game mechanics should be allowed in that case as we do with isekais.
DBH is a game world in relation to the "real world". In the same way there are DC worlds in which other DC Comics are just that: comics. If we wanted to treat it as a video game, we'd also have to downgrade them all to 10-C like we do Rumble McSkirmish.

Also isekais have the benefit of not being from a game in the first place. You can't call game mechanics if you're not from a game.

Also also, there's a difference between this and breaking the fourth wall.

Eficiente said:
This are game mechanics. More importantly, why does this guy have a profile?
Canon GP was banned from Vs battles, so now we have Heroes GP, who unlike Canon GP we know how he fights and has some differences

The DBH multiverse is indeed a game within a game, that's why Beat's world is called the real world, since Beat uses a DBH arcade to get into the DB multiverse, because from the real world, the DBH multiverse is just an arcade game.

Even if this power was fine it should not be Probability Manipulation, it should just be some text saying what he can do and in brackets an explanation of how that can be anything.

If we wanted to treat it as a video game, we'd also have to downgrade them all to 10-C like we do Rumble McSkirmish.
Reality Equalization Cal, what you say is the equivalent of saying everyone on SAO should be 10-C because it's a video game.

Eficiente said:
Even if this power was fine it should not be Probability Manipulation, it should just be some text saying what he can do and in brackets an explanation of how that can be anything.
Why isn't it Probability manipulation?

It's too vague and it can be achieved by other powers just as likely unless we take it at face value.

PaChi2 said:
Let's reword it:
Passive Probability Manipulation (CI allows the user to reduce the damage of any attack targeting them or outright make them miss while allowing 100% accuracy for the user's own attacks)

Supernatural Luck (having the highest possible chance of Miracle CI, Grand Priest has the best chance of automatically activating perfect CI with no time required)

Note that CI has a small delay in its activation.
the explanation is right here I don't get what you mean by Vague?

"DBH is a game world in relation to the "real world". In the same way there are DC worlds in which other DC Comics are just that: comics. If we wanted to treat it as a video game, we'd also have to downgrade them all to 10-C like we do Rumble McSkirmish."

Remind me the last time we downgraded the Smash Bros cast to 10-C because they are toys.

Oh. Wait.

PaChi2 said:
DBH is a game world in relation to the "real world". In the same way there are DC worlds in which other DC Comics are just that: comics. If we wanted to treat it as a video game, we'd also have to downgrade them all to 10-C like we do Rumble McSkirmish.
Also isekais have the benefit of not being from a game in the first place. You can't call game mechanics if you're not from a game.

Also also, there's a difference between this and breaking the fourth wall.
Yes and ? what does it change ? the whole point of the game is that the game character are strong enough to destroy the real world, you're not even talking about the ability anymore and are just trying to deny a fundamental aspect of the goddamn DBH franchise.

And no, we don't have to downgrade anything, we don't do it like that for SAO, Super Smash Bros or anything else.

Dude, some Isekai are litteraly based on having game mechanics, that's a full sub-genre of isekai, i don't know what you're on about.

What's important is that what you call 'game mechanics' is an actual tangible thing in DBH, thus the passive ability is valid.

PaChi2 said:
"DBH is a game world in relation to the "real world". In the same way there are DC worlds in which other DC Comics are just that: comics. If we wanted to treat it as a video game, we'd also have to downgrade them all to 10-C like we do Rumble McSkirmish."

Remind me the last time we downgraded the Smash Bros cast to 10-C because they are toys.

Oh. Wait.
Gee, it's not like said toys exist in the main world instead of a game world and don't exist as data. And it's not like I linked a profile where we did that to a character, but noooooooo. I'm the one using examples that are illegitimate. Hell, I'll give you another one.

And my words were implying if. Not they should. If. Once again, people are selectively listening to what I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back