• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Silvers Rayleigh VS Kozuki Oden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvers Rayleigh VS Kozuki Oden

• Fight Location: Wano Country
  • Starting Distance: 10m
  • Both in-character
Rayleigh: 2 (@Arceus0x, @Rez)
Oden: 7 (@joshpiece, @KingTempest, @Purgy, @Pain_to12, @JJSliderman, @Unforgiven0815, @Ryuga21)
Inconclusive: 2 (@Dr.Fix, @MonkeyOfLife)

f551aca50a848384125eaec382724b59.png
b490ee58eeb92b8dbab36e010bff1fb4.png

Last edited:
I think oden out stamina’s. Really close match but if it’s old Rayleigh then Oden by having more stamina while going all out.

Internal Busoshoku and better Kenbunshoku feats plus being smarter gives Rayleigh the win

Oden has far superior feats and portrayal
  • Clashed with Primebeard
  • Survived with minor injuries a direct named attack from Roger (This was Oden who was much weaker than the one that returned to Wano)
  • Compared to the strongest characters in the verse by Kaido and Whitebeard
  • Almost one shot Kaido and has done the most damage to him we've seen to date
  • Oden basically considered himself to be the strongest character alive at his time given that he wrote in his letter to Toki that if he can't beat Kaido then nobody can, now this is debatable obviously and I'm not saying I agree with it, but Oden knows how strong Whitebeard is but considers only himself as being able to defeat Kaido. And in the same way, he knows how strong a pretty much Prime Rayleigh is and still considers only himself as being able to beat Kaido.
  • Has vastly superior stamina compared to Rayleigh, Oden can fight for many days with ease, Rayleigh on the other hand will be sweating and breathing hard after a matter of minutes.
Meanwhile Rayleigh somewhat stalled Kizaru and was clearly becoming fatigued from doing so, that's literally all we've seen from Rayleigh.

In what world is an Old Rusty Rayleigh beating a high Yonko tier character? Even Prime Rayleigh is debatable and that's with max wank.

Last edited:
Half of those are just AP feats.

Rayleigh has shown better Kenbunshoku than Rayleigh and more advanced Busoshoku, not including being smarter.

The only thing against Rayleigh is the lower AP and the stamina.

Prime Whitebeard or Roger would have badly brutalised young Kaido if they had fought him tbh. That statement from Oden probably isn't referring to them.

Meanwhile Rayleigh somewhat stalled Kizaru and was clearly becoming fatigued from doing so, that's literally all we've seen from Rayleigh.
The downplay.
18.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
13.jpg
4.jpg
12.jpg

In what world is an Old Rusty Rayleigh beating a high Yonko tier character? Even Prime Rayleigh is debatable and that's with max wank.
No. You are downplaying more. You are saying stuff that we don't have enough info on and making them facts with your head canon...

Oden has far superior feats and portrayal
  • Clashed with Primebeard
  • Survived with minor injuries a direct named attack from Roger (This was Oden who was much weaker than the one that returned to Wano)
  • Compared to the strongest characters in the verse by Kaido and Whitebeard
  • Almost one shot Kaido and has done the most damage to him we've seen to date
  • Oden basically considered himself to be the strongest character alive at his time given that he wrote in his letter to Toki that if he can't beat Kaido then nobody can, now this is debatable obviously and I'm not saying I agree with it, but Oden knows how strong Whitebeard is but considers only himself as being able to defeat Kaido. And in the same way, he knows how strong a pretty much Prime Rayleigh is and still considers only himself as being able to beat Kaido.
  • Has vastly superior stamina compared to Rayleigh, Oden can fight for many days with ease, Rayleigh on the other hand will be sweating and breathing hard after a matter of minutes.

This basically sums it up. Even Prime Rayleigh has shown nothing that implies that he could beat the Oden who faced Kaido, where Oden considered himself as the only one who could take Kaido down at that time.

1.Clashed with Primebeard who sensed Oden from far away and considered him as something incredible.
sypGzyf.jpg

2.Got back up immediately from a haki-imbued, named attack from Roger, and was barely injured. (He was also ready to take on both Prime Rayleigh and Gaban who wanted to 2 vs 1 Oden).
FUDjL3w.png

^In both those feats, Oden was nowhere near his prime since it was said that he has gotten much stronger when he came back to Wano. This happend 5 years before he returned to Wano, look at how Luffy and co. developed in 2 years (or hell, look at how much Luffy developed in 2 weeks when he was in Kaido's prison, from getting one-shotted by him to matching him).

3.This.
SECts94.jpg

4.Also this.

KdRZziO.png

5.Kaido said that there will never another Samurai as powerful as Oden.

OsONIzW.jpg

5.What Oden said in his letter to Toki (Where Rayleigh was in his prime).

cKixXGp.jpg

6.Permanently scarred Kaido with his first attack, while injured, and was about to finish him off with his second attack. This is a Oden who naked danced on the streets every day for 5 years, so he probably wasn't even in his top form.
35eXaXM.jpg

7.Oden is a stamina machine, he fought and beat an entire yakuza gang when he was 9, bunch of samurais and families when he was 15, an entire army of hundreds of bandits, including Ashura, in one night when he was 18, he spent 3 days and 3 nights being dragged by WB's ship while he had only one rope for support and even after being attacked by sea monsters and facing storms, he didn't release the rope at any time, he fought Kaido and his army in a 11 vs 1000 (Where Kaido needed 5 years to even have a chance and yet they would have lost if it wasn't for the granny with Mr.2's powers who distracted Oden as he was about to kill Kaido), and the legendary hour is still one of the most impressive stamina feats in the whole series. Oden's stamina is ridiculous while Rayleigh has shown nothing that implies that his stamina is anywhere near Oden's level, he started to pant and get tired after holding off Kizaru, who wasn't even completely serious.

Oden takes this against either Rayleigh, old or prime.

Last edited:
This basically sums it up. Even Prime Rayleigh has shown nothing that implies that he could beat the Oden who faced Kaido, where Oden considered himself as the only one who could take Kaido down at that time.

1.Clashed with Primebeard who sensed Oden from far away and considered him as something incredible.
sypGzyf.jpg

2.Got back up immediately from a haki-imbued, named attack from Roger, and was barely injured. (He was also ready to take on both Prime Rayleigh and Gaban who wanted to 2 vs 1 Oden).
FUDjL3w.png

^In both those feats, Oden was nowhere in his prime since it was said that he has gotten much stronger when he came back to Wano. This happend 5 years before he returned to Wano, look at how Luffy and co. developed in 2 years (or hell, look at how much Luffy developed in 2 weeks when he was in Kaido's prison, from getting one-shotted by him to matching him).

3.This.
SECts94.jpg

4.Also this.

KdRZziO.png

OsONIzW.jpg

cKixXGp.jpg

6.Permanently scarred Kaido with his first attack, while injured, and was about to finish him off with his second attack. This is a Oden who naked danced on the streets every day for 5 years, so he probably wasn't even in his top form.
35eXaXM.jpg

7.Oden is a stamina machine, he fought and beat an entire yakuza gang when he was 9, bunch of samurais and families when he was 15, an entire army of hundreds of bandits, including Ashura, in one night when he was 18, he spent 3 days and 3 nights being dragged by WB's ship while he had only one rope for support and even after being attacked by sea monsters and facing storms, he didn't release the rope at any time, he fought Kaido and his army in a 11 vs 1000 (Where Kaido needed 5 years to even have a chance and yet they would have lost if it wasn't for the granny with Mr.2's powers who distracted Oden as he was about to kill Kaido), and the legendary hour is still one of the most impressive stamina feats in the whole series. Oden's stamina is ridiculous while Rayleigh has shown nothing that implies that his stamina is anywhere near Oden's level, he started to pant and get tired after holding off Kizaru, who wasn't even completely serious.

Well said

The downplay.
18.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
13.jpg
4.jpg
12.jpg

No. You are downplaying more. You are saying stuff that we don't have enough info on and making them facts with your head canon...
How is it downplay? He was becoming fatigued from doing so, even if you don't believe me, believe his profile because it literally says so.

Don't blame me for a lack of info blame Oda, as it stands, Oden has far better feats and portrayal, idrc if you consider it head canon, head canon is saying Rayleigh beats a high Yonko tier character when he's virtually featless.

head canon is saying Rayleigh beats a high Yonko tier character when he's virtually featless.
When did I ever say that.
Don't blame me for a lack of info blame Oda
No I won't.
as it stands, Oden has far better feats and portrayal,
Maybe...
idrc if you consider it head canon
It literally is head canon
Meanwhile Rayleigh somewhat stalled Kizaru
if we go by feats Rayleigh did more damage to kizaru.
and was clearly becoming fatigued from doing so
no proof.
, that's literally all we've seen from Rayleigh.
that he can held off an admiral (and damaged him) and still want to do more...

You downplayed Rayleigh... You don't have to downplay a character to make the other character win.
even if you don't believe me, believe his profile because it literally says so.
His profile has either bad wording or made a mistake since at the end of fighting Kizaru he wasn't tired at all...
19.jpg

When did I ever say that.

No I won't.

Maybe...

It literally is head canon

if we go by feats Rayleigh did more damage to kizaru.

no proof.

that he can held off an admiral (and damaged him) and still want to do more...

You downplayed Rayleigh... You don't have to downplay a character to make the other character win.

His profile has either bad wording or made a mistake since at the end of fighting Kizaru he wasn't tired at all...
You didn't have to separate every few words of my post, it's just annoying to respond to.

Holding off a casual Kizaru is his best feat to date, it doesn't compare to clashing with Primebeard, surviving a direct named attack from Roger with almost no injuries, being compared to the strongest characters in the verse by Primebeard and Kaido and Oden himself thinking he was the strongest character of his time (after Roger's death) which by default puts him above Prime Rayleigh since he was around during that time and Oden knows his strength.

The wording is pretty clear;
Very high (Swiftly swam to Amazon Lily from another ocean [i.e. thousands of kilometers] while killing the Sea Kings he encountered, his advanced age has lowered his stamina reserves however, which becomes evident when he actually needs to put some effort into things [Such as when he got tired in his fight against Kizaru])
I never downplay anyone, this is just my honest opinion for who wins, Oden vs Old Rayleigh.

Holding off a casual Kizaru is his best feat to date
Kizaru wasn't casual at all...
8.jpg

I never downplay anyone
Yes you did
it doesn't compare to clashing with Primebeard, surviving a direct named attack from Roger with almost no injuries, being compared to the strongest characters in the verse by Primebeard and Kaido and Oden himself thinking he was the strongest character of his time (after Roger's death) which by default puts him above Prime Rayleigh since he was around during that time and Oden knows his strength.
this is just my honest opinion for who wins, Oden vs Old Rayleigh.
That's ok but don't downplay. Stop bringing Oden feats... Never did I say Rayleigh wins or Oden loses... I only said don't downplay, that's all.

Kizaru wasn't casual at all...

Yes you did

That's ok but don't downplay. Stop bringing Oden feats... Never did I say Rayleigh wins or Oden loses... I only said don't downplay, that's all.
Kizaru is just using a sword, nothing else

Kizaru has never shown to be serious so far in the manga, he's always casual and joking around, we've yet to see him put visible effort into something.

He was about as casual as you can get, you could honestly argue he put more effort into fighting the Supernova than he did clashing with Rayleigh.

Not downplaying, don't confuse the truth with me downplaying Rayleigh, it's just a fact that Rayleigh doesn't compare to Oden in shown feats or portrayal.

Anyway, are we done here? Other than you baselessly accusing me of downplaying, you don't really have an argument relevant to this thread.

He was about as casual as you can get, you could honestly argue he put more effort into fighting the Supernova than he did clashing with Rayleigh.
Did you even read? Bro… and the downplay CRAZY
8.jpg

Not downplaying, don't confuse the truth with me downplaying Rayleigh, it's just a fact that Rayleigh doesn't compare to Oden in shown feats or portrayal.
I DONT CARE ABOUT ODEN. I don’t care if Rayleigh has weaker feats… I’m saying DONT DOWNPLAY
Anyway, are we done here? Other than you baselessly accusing me of downplaying, you don't really have an argument relevant to this thread.
We not done until you stop downplaying Rayleigh…
Kizaru has never shown to be serious so far in the manga, he's always casual and joking around, we've yet to see him put visible effort into something.
He did against Rayleigh. With the scan I provided… you are clearly trolling or trying to get me mad or something… sad

if you don’t wanna stop with your bs and stop downplaying then bye…
200w.gif

Did you even read? Bro… and the downplay CRAZY
8.jpg

I DONT CARE ABOUT ODEN. I don’t care if Rayleigh has weaker feats… I’m saying DONT DOWNPLAY

We not done until you stop downplaying Rayleigh…

He did against Rayleigh. With the scan I provided… you are clearly trolling or trying to get me mad or something… sad

if you don’t wanna stop with your bs and stop downplaying then bye…
200w.gif
You sound like a broken record with how you keep saying "downplay" to literally every fact that is brought to you.
LLUeen5.png

Rayleigh WAS in fact getting tired, this isn't an opinion, this is a fact and if you can't accept then that you're in the wrong place.

Mind you, Oda has stated that the old characters regain the strength that they had in their prime, so Rayleigh holding his own against a Kizaru who isn't even serious, will always be Rayleigh's best possible feat, and that's nothing compared to Oden's feats.

You sound like a broken record with how you keep saying "downplay" to literally every fact that is brought to you.
LLUeen5.png

Rayleigh WAS in fact getting tired, this isn't an opinion, this is a fact and if you can't accept then that you're in the wrong place.
That's just proves my point... Kizaru literally says you're holding off a marine admiral and still you want more...?
At the end of the fight or even in the fight you never see Rayleigh getting tired fighting Kizaru. Btw don't use this
4.jpg

As him getting tired... That's him stressing on what to do and what's happening to the straw hat crew... Not the fight
12.jpg

That's just proves my point... Kizaru literally says you're holding off a marine admiral and still you want more...?
At the end of the fight or even in the fight you never see Rayleigh getting tired fighting Kizaru. Btw don't use this
4.jpg

As him getting tired... That's him stressing on what to do and what's happening to the straw hat crew... Not the fight
12.jpg
He was panting and Kizaru was being his usual self. Kizaru just took Rayleigh's comment as an insult, I genuinely hope you don't believe that Rayleigh can take on an admiral and deal with anything else at the same time. He can't. Kizaru wasn't even being serious, and again, Rayleigh was panting. Oden dealt with much stronger characters than Kizaru (Primebeard and Kaido), and Kizaru was being his usual self against Rayleigh who could only hold him off.

Oden>>>Rayleigh.

Voting the badass old man for monkey's reasons
Monkey didn't even say that Rayleigh would win.

Monkey didn't even say that Rayleigh would win.
He gave reasons why you guys are downplaying Rayleigh and those reasons sounds better to me and also the fact Rayleigh was Roger's right hand man so he should be superior to oden

He gave reasons why you guys are downplaying Rayleigh and those reasons sounds better to me
Did you even try reading any comment other than Monkey's comments? Oden has much better feats. Rayleigh could only hold off a casual Kizaru and Kizaru<<<Primebeard and Kaido, Kaido would have died to Oden after 2 hits. Oden has much stronger AP and stamina than Rayleigh. Rayleigh started to pant against Kizaru after a few minutes, while Oden can fight for hours and days against stronger enemies. Even when Oden was 18, he could fight against hundreds of bandits and Ashura and beat them all in one night. He fought against Kaido and his army in a 11 vs 1000 and Oden's endurance far exceeded what Kaido and his army imagined. Oden>or=Kaido>>>Kizaru>>>Casual Kizaru>Rayleigh. You didn't give any reason as to why you agree with @MonkeyOfLife other than "don't downplay Rayleigh". Where are the feats? Rayleigh has shitty stamina while Oden is a stamina monster, Rayleigh couldn't beat a casual Kizaru who's weaker than Kaido who would've lost against Oden. This isn't even up to discussion.

Rayleigh was Roger's right hand man so he should be superior to oden
WB made Marco the 1st division commander and Oden the 2nd division commander even though Oden would've taken a shit on that Marco. What kind of logic is that? Oden literally considered himself as the only one capable of taking Kaido down at that time, and he knew Rayleigh. Oden>Prime Rayleigh and Prime Rayleigh has better stamina than his old self, but that's about it, Prime Rayleigh is Admiral Level, while Oden is Yonko Level.

Also:

sypGzyf.jpg

FUDjL3w.png

^In both those feats, Oden was nowhere near his prime since it was said that he has gotten much stronger when he came back to Wano. This happend 5 years before he returned to Wano, look at how Luffy and co. developed in 2 years (or hell, look at how much Luffy developed in 2 weeks when he was in Kaido's prison, from getting one-shotted by him to matching him).

3.This.
SECts94.jpg

4.Also this.

KdRZziO.png

OsONIzW.jpg

cKixXGp.jpg

35eXaXM.jpg

Please pay attention.

Last edited:
He was panting and Kizaru was being his usual self.
No he was not
8.jpg

Kizaru just took Rayleigh's comment as an insult, I genuinely hope you don't believe that Rayleigh can take on an admiral and deal with anything else at the same time.
That's not what I said... Rayleigh while old is holding of kizaru and is thinking about a whole different situation at the same time...
He can't. Kizaru wasn't even being serious, and again, Rayleigh was panting.
Kizaru was serious...
8.jpg

And Rayleigh was panting at the situation with the straw hats
4.jpg
12.jpg

Oden dealt with much stronger characters than Kizaru (Primebeard and Kaido), and Kizaru was being his usual self against Rayleigh who could only hold him off.
While dealing damage and not thinking about kizaru at all.

Nobody is downplaying anybody, stop saying that.

Just because someone says something about a character you disagree with, doesn't mean they're downplaying them.

Rayleigh was panting against Kizaru, panting is caused by fatigue... It's pretty clear what Oda is trying to show here, that Rayleigh doesn't have the same stamina he use to have in his youth.

No he was not
8.jpg

That's not what I said... Rayleigh while old is holding of kizaru and is thinking about a whole different situation at the same time...

Kizaru was serious...
8.jpg

And Rayleigh was panting at the situation with the straw hats
4.jpg
12.jpg

While dealing damage and not thinking about kizaru at all.
He was panting while fighting against a Kizaru who wasn't fully serious. Seriously, nobody is downplaying Rayleigh, but he he started panting after a few minutes, that's a fact, not us trying to downplay him. That's just Oda's way of showing that he has gotten old, his strength remained however, and his strength is admiral level, not "Kaido level", like Oden.

He was panting while fighting against a Kizaru who wasn't fully serious. Seriously, nobody is downplaying Rayleigh, but he he started panting after a few minutes, that's a fact, not us trying to downplay him. That's just Oda's way of showing that he has gotten old, his strength remained however, and his strength is admiral level, not "Kaido level", like Oden.
This is downplay
Meanwhile Rayleigh somewhat stalled Kizaru
Kizaru is just using a sword, nothing else

Downplay my ass. He started panting after a few minutes against a Kizaru who isn't completely serious, that's a FACT.
This discussion is going back and forth. You keep saying "downplay" to literally every fact that we bring to you. Does Oden have better stamina than Rayleigh? Yes, by a long shot. Does Oden have better AP than Rayleigh? Yes, by a long shot. So where is the need to discuss this? If you agree that Rayleigh wouldn't win, but still whine about Rayleigh being "downplayed", then create a thread for that, don't take it out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back