• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) King of Hell vs Princess of Wano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even sure if Yamato’s votes should be counted given that's it was based around the misconception that Yamato has an immense AP advantage.

They're essentially even in terms of AP with Zoro having the edge due to this key having Hao coating of his own on top of Asura. He can counter her Thunder Bagua’s with his 3 different forms of Analytical Prediction, 2 of which work on opponents FTE to Zoro. He has much more lethal attacks, fought Kaidou so he has some experience in dealing with opponents who fight like Yamato. Dragon-Blaze would counter her Ice-Breath and has the benefit of having much more range and AoE than Yamato’s ranged options.

Not even sure if Yamato’s votes should be counted given that's it was based around the misconception that Yamato has an immense AP advantage.
(slammed Kaidou who was in hybrid and was blocking)

Speedblitz with Thunder Bagua
Freezes him with ice breath
Pierces him with narikabura
Smashes his brains like she did to Aramaki

And an IMMENSE advantage in AP wasn't highlighted, just as another advantage for Yamato.

Thunder Bagua gets dodged.

Her Ice gets resisted and Zoro can negate it with his own Fire Manipulation.

He can smack aside narikabura or simply dodge.

Smashes his brains like she did to Aramaki

Zoro dodges.

Ok

Yamato dodges Santōryū.
Dodges En-Ō Santōryū.
Dodges Nitōryū.
Dodges Ittōryū.
Dodges Kyūtōryū.
Dodges Kitsunebi-ryu.
Dodges air slashes.
Dodges Enma.
Dodges Asura.
Dodges AoE.

GG

Resistance to Cold Temperatures ≠ Resistance to Ice Manipulation
Uhhh, no it literally does. If you resist cold temperatures then by sheer virtue of said resistance you'd be able to resist Ice Manipulation.

8th grade physics disagree with you.
Fire Manip feats of Zoro that prove your assertion?
Blue flames that burn around 7000 - 10'000 K that can vaporize opponents in seconds and ignore durability >>>> Yamato’s baseline Ice Manipulation.

You've read the manga, don't sit here and expect me to spoon feed you information that you already know.

He didn't constantly unleash it against King.

She and Kaidou are only 8c with the thunder bagua, not her regular speed. Based on their scaling chains there's nothing stopping Zoro from reacting to her thunder bagua but his lai attacks would blitz her.

An outdated stamina justification from before he got any feats, although even considering that she doesn't have a greater stamina feat than Jack.

Three types of analytical prediction, won't need to deal with King's greater durability and speed gimmick to name a few.

I didn't want to get into AP scaling chains but I'll point out a few flaws in your own scaling chain based on the profile justifications:
  • Zoan Marco scales to Big Mom w/homies who scales to Base Kaidou
  • Omari Karyudon has never been shown to be above Hao Zoro
  • Rooftop Enma Zoro scales to Zoan Kaidou's durability and is inferior to 1032 Enma Zoro who's relative to hao infused Zoro.
  • The main scaling chain isn't coming from the magu but the Gura being > then Zushi no mi. Akainu isn't relevant to the scaling chain for the god tiers.
Also thunder bagua wouldn't blitz as I already brought up in my first post on the thread.
Fair enough but I don't understand the hybrid marco part. How can base king scale to hybrid marco, that means base king scales to base kaido which is narratively contradicted.
Also, isn't the magu no mi relevant because it has the strongest offensive devil fruit? Marine ford whitebeard scales above that and kaido should scale much higher than that.

Considering what you said, CoC zoro would be above hybrid yamato's durability and would probably be a very equal fight to where zoro's advantages would play a major role.

Fair enough but I don't understand the hybrid marco part. How can base king scale to hybrid marco, that means base king scales to base kaido which is narratively contradicted.
I'm only pointing out what's wrong with the scaling chain, King scales to Zoan Marco's durability.
Also, isn't the magu no mi relevant because it has the strongest offensive devil fruit? Marine ford whitebeard scales above that and kaido should scale much higher than that.
The main justification is this: The Gura Gura no Mi is the strongest Paramecia fruit and thus scales above the Zushi Zushi no Mi, Blackbeard acquired the Gura Gura no Mi and all the Yonko were said to be capable of defeating him.

Uhhh, no it literally does. If you resist cold temperatures then by sheer virtue of said resistance you'd be able to resist Ice Manipulation.

8th grade physics disagree with you.
And then we come to the conclusion that an average Canadian can withstand Yamato's attack.

a0a2c7d18868eb6821af75ee26cb36b9.jpg

And that's not how VsB considers it btw, make a CRT if you want.

Blue flames that burn around 7000 - 10'000 K that can vaporize opponents in seconds and ignore durability >>>> Yamato’s baseline Ice Manipulation.

You've read the manga, don't sit here and expect me to spoon feed you information that you already know.
I agree. Then send me a page from the manga where the temperature of the attack was specified.

Also:
deqkpd2-a6dea24e-5f3b-4c40-ab90-d74786647bab.png

Zoro has no accomplishments of that level other than making a slight scar on a distracted Kaido fighting against 23947768934872 guys at once.

Since it seems Monkeman is now voting incon, that makes it 8-6-1 in Zoro's favor.

Would anyone who voted for Yamato like to state whether their views have changed now that the supposed AP gap between Yamato and Zoro has been cleared up?

Zoro has no accomplishments of that level other than making a slight scar on a distracted Kaido fighting against 23947768934872 guys at once.
The scar against Kaidou was performed when it was literally just Zoro and Kaidou facing off against each other, Luffy was out, Kid and Killer left and Law was standing in the background.

Don't see the point in lying about this.

And then we come to the conclusion that an average Canadian can withstand Yamato's attack.
Offended since I'm a Canadian but you probably right tbh since Yamato's ice Manipulation ain't shit.
a0a2c7d18868eb6821af75ee26cb36b9.jpg

And that's not how VsB considers it btw, make a CRT if you want.
I don't need to make a CRT since that's literally how the wiki works. Having a resistance to Cold Temperatures helps you from getting frozen solid. You can't freeze something that's already resistant to being affected by cold temperatures.

I've been apart of the wiki much longer than you, trust me I know what I'm talking about here.

Also Zoro's resistance comes from Punk Hazzard, the thing that Kuzan himself created? Unless you wanna argue Yamato has colder ice than Kuzan himself this argument is over.
I agree. Then send me a page from the manga where the temperature of the attack was specified.
It's called physics. You can also drop the smug smart ass attitude.
main-qimg-898921beec8f1b0363fda086feefde1d-pjlq

Also:
deqkpd2-a6dea24e-5f3b-4c40-ab90-d74786647bab.png

Zoro never made a light scar, that shit was deep and it's better than anything Yamato's ever done.

The scar against Kaidou was performed when it was literally just Zoro and Kaidou facing off against each other, Luffy was out, Kid and Killer left and Law was standing in the background.

I can see the point in lying about this since he's obviously got an ulterior motive here. 🙄

Law watching the attack in the same scan.

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/op_1010_v0_08-09%20wm%20lvl.png

Law hitting Kaido moments before Zoro's attack. Also, Luffy fainted because Kaido faced him before.

youronepiecemanga_1010_03.jpg
youronepiecemanga_1010_04.jpg

Law appears again after Zoro makes the scar on Kaido and confronts him.
youronepiecemanga_1010_10.jpg

Kaido was indeed distracted, there were several people all the time attacking him, and he is still going to face Luffy soon after.

Here it was much closer to a 1v1 than in Zoro's situation, who immediately after the slight scarring was immediately retaliated against afterwards.

i_colored_the_last_page_of_1019__yamato_vs_kaido__by_corasaan_denq0w0-fullview.jpg
kaido_vs_yamato___one_piece_1025_by_eustassq_deqr2b9-pre.jpg

💀 aside from the fact that Yamato is fighting an injured and weakened Kaidou after the damage that Killer, Luffy, Zoro and Kid inflicted to him.

Stop trying to intentionally misconstrue the event's. Zoro fought Kaidou 1 v 1 in an injured state, Law never stopped the fight or attacked Kaidou while they were fighting.

Show me Yamato causing Kaidou to step back from the recoil of their clash with dozens of broken bones. Oh right, she doesn't.

Last edited:
Law watching the attack in the same scan.

Law hitting Kaido moments before Zoro's attack. Also, Luffy fainted because Kaido faced him before.

Law appears again after Zoro makes the scar on Kaido and confronts him.

Kaido was indeed distracted, there were several people all the time attacking him, and he is still going to face Luffy soon after.
Why does Law watching matter? Are we going to discredit Luffy in 1010 because Law was watching them fight there as well? No, watching does nothing to distract or effect the feat itself.

Sure Law hit him before, but in that moment he was hyper focused on Zoro who made Kaidou aware of that he was about to attack him prior to even entering Asura. Kaidou believed Luffy was down for good at that moment.

Law attempts to attack him and that's the first time Kaidou spares any attention towards Law during that moment. The attack was hyperfocused on Kaidou and Zoro alone.

He wasn't and nothing you've provided shows as much, there was no one around attacking him but Zoro in that moment. Why does him fighting Luffy after this matter at all?

Offended since I'm a Canadian but you probably right tbh since Yamato's ice Manipulation ain't shit.

I don't need to make a CRT since that's literally how the wiki works. Having a resistance to Cold Temperatures helps you from getting frozen solid. You can't freeze something that's already resistant to being affected by cold temperatures.

I've been apart of the wiki much longer than you, trust me I know what I'm talking about here.
On the Ice Manipulation page:
The ability to manipulate cold and ice.

If VsB considers resisting cold temperatures = resisting ice itself, there would be no need for a distinction in that description. What is the next precedent, let's assume that Zoro resists Absolute Zero?

Also Zoro's resistance comes from Punk Hazzard, the thing that Kuzan himself created? Unless you wanna argue Yamato has colder ice than Kuzan himself this argument is over.
Well, maybe because over time the ice may have melted? Literally in the scan we see Zoro training in a winter setting, not on the ice property itself, thus the Canadian's joke.

main-qimg-898921beec8f1b0363fda086feefde1d-pjlq

Zoro never made a light scar, that shit was deep and it's better than anything Yamato's ever done.
There is an MHA character named Dabi, who is a blue flame user. And at no point was it assumed that the temperature of Dabi's flames was that you quoted, or even that other characters in the verse can resist, unless an experienced MHA member corrects me.

And I am citing a practical example of a character in VsB, even because this temperature would have to be specified in Zoro's profile to be valid here.

Kaidou wasn't distracted, when he fought Zoro he was focused on fighting Zoro and Zoro only. Law never intervened in their fight as your desperately trying to insinuate.
However you also cannot prove that Kaido was really giving Zoro 100% of his attention when in that scenario the possibility of being hit by any other guy existed, as happened pages before.

Why does Law watching matter? Are we going to discredit Luffy in 1010 because Law was watching them fight there as well? No, watching does nothing to distract or effect the feat itself.

Sure Law hit him before, but in that moment he was hyper focused on Zoro who made Kaidou aware of that he was about to attack him prior to even entering Asura. Kaidou believed Luffy was down for good at that moment.
Because in that context, there was the possibility of Law intervening next to Zoro, and therefore Kaido could not simply ignore the existence of Law who was close to the scene.

What I mean by "Kaido was distracted" was not that Kaido was not focused on Zoro at the time of the attack, but rather that Kaido was not focused ONLY on Zoro, because the possibility of any surprise attack existed.

I'm aware of the Ice Manipulation page, nothing you've stated provides any type of counter argument for you buddy.
If VsB considers resisting cold temperatures = resisting ice itself,
You can only freeze something via cold temperatures. Ice itself a a byproduct of said cold temperatures.

Again, don't @me whenever you have zero clue how physics work.
there would be no need for a distinction in that description. What is the next precedent, let's assume that Zoro resists Absolute Zero?
Nice strawman fallacy there mate. Nobody said Zoro is resistant to AZ, we said he'd be resistant towards Yamato’s ice Manipulation which is baseline.

Quit making such assumptions that make the all of us look like asses.
Well, maybe because over time the ice may have melted? Literally in the scan we see Zoro training in a winter setting, not on the ice property itself, thus the Canadian's joke.
Okay, yeah no. You obviously haven't read One Piece if you think that's where Post-Time skip Zoro gets his resistance from.

Post Time-Skip Zoro has it via enduring the cold landscape that Kuzan made in Punk Hazzard. And no, your melting argument is ******* ass. Kuzan's ice lasted 2 years without melting, it's the entire plot of Punk Hazzard.
There is an MHA character named Dabi, who is a blue flame user. And at no point was it assumed that the temperature of Dabi's flames was that you quoted, or even that other characters in the verse can resist, unless an experienced MHA member corrects me.
First of all, if your aarguing Whataboutism's then I'd suggest you familiarize your with the verse. Dabi's fire is already accepted as that temperature, if not higher levels of temperatures going by his feats.
And I am citing a practical example of a character in VsB, even because this temperature would have to be specified in Zoro's profile to be valid here.
No it doesn't, yet again here we have you making shit up Victor. You failed on your first example miserably now your pulling random shit out of nowhere.
However you also cannot prove that Kaido was really giving Zoro 100% of his attention when in that scenario the possibility of being hit by any other guy existed, as happened pages before.
I don't need to prove shit. You're the one who made the claim, therefore you need to prove what your claiming and so far you got dogged on.

I'm only pointing out what's wrong with the scaling chain, King scales to Zoan Marco's durability.

The main justification is this: The Gura Gura no Mi is the strongest Paramecia fruit and thus scales above the Zushi Zushi no Mi, Blackbeard acquired the Gura Gura no Mi and all the Yonko were said to be capable of defeating him.
Well marco single handedly spanked both king and queen simultaneously so I don't know.
Marco was also stated to be the same which wouldn't make sense if he scaled to base mom and king scaled to him at the same time.

Btw, could Yamato disarm Zoro in any way? He is much more dependent on his weapons than Yamato is.
No, Yamato isn't skilled enough to disarm Zoro. Also Zoro can fight without his swords, just not as effectively. Yamato on the other hand has no hand to hand combat skills unlike Zoro who has an entire sword style that doesn't even utilize swords.

Because in that context, there was the possibility of Law intervening next to Zoro, and therefore Kaido could not simply ignore the existence of Law who was close to the scene.

What I mean by "Kaido was distracted" was not that Kaido was not focused on Zoro at the time of the attack, but rather that Kaido was not focused ONLY on Zoro, because the possibility of any surprise attack existed.
Kaidou in character doesn't seem to pay mind to the idea of others possibly attacking him, we've seen this in nearly all his encounters where he easily gets attacked by others when his attention isn't focused, this is why he was caught often by those who did attack him off-guard. This fact however doesn't change that when he is fighting an individual he is hyper focused on that individual alone.

When Kaidou is fighting someone he does seem to focus purely on that one individual, Kaidou was even asking him questions completely undefended after the attack without paying any mind to Law. Regardless of if he should or shouldn't pay Law any mind in this instance he wasn't.

Btw, could Yamato disarm Zoro in any way? He is much more dependent on his weapons than Yamato is.
She doesn't fight that way and she doesn't have any real method of doing so that suits her combat style. Plus Zoro in this key had fought King who's combat style is focused on disarming his opponent's and he created a counter to it by forming a barrier between him and King to prevent his swords being taken.
Well marco single handedly spanked both king and queen simultaneously so I don't know.

Marco was also stated to be the same which wouldn't make sense if he scaled to base mom and king scaled to him at the same time.
The only real "spanking" that Marco gave King was with his blue bird fireball which he formed from his upper body, this technique wouldn't scale to his durability and would very likely scale above the regular tackle he used to clash with Mom.

Not sure what you mean by this.

The only real "spanking" that Marco gave King was with his blue bird fireball which he formed from his upper body, this technique wouldn't scale to his durability and would very likely scale above the regular tackle he used to clash with Mom.

Not sure what you mean by this
There's no proof for that. And marco sent king flying and made him bleed by ramming into him so you're still wrong.
images

images

What I meant was, marco was also stated to be able to beat black beard even with the guraaa~ and nevermind I just remembered that marco could bullied by teach in the revenge war.

There's no proof for that. And marco sent king flying and made him bleed by ramming into him so you're still wrong.
Fireballs have no reason to scale to Marco's durability unless proven otherwise.

When did I deny the fact that Marco sent King flying with Blue Bird? I literally referenced it in my post on when King got "spanked" by Marco.
What I meant was, marco was also stated to be able to beat black beard even with the guraaa~ and nevermind I just remembered that marco could bullied by teach in the revenge war.
Big Mom is stated to be able to beat Gura Gura BB, Marco is stated to be able to defeat Gura Gura BB. Big Mom and Marco clash as equals, what's the issue here exactly?

Last edited:
I'm aware of the Ice Manipulation page, nothing you've stated provides any type of counter argument for you buddy.

You can only freeze something via cold temperatures. Ice itself a a byproduct of said cold temperatures.

Again, don't @me whenever you have zero clue how physics work.

Nice strawman fallacy there mate. Nobody said Zoro is resistant to AZ, we said he'd be resistant towards Yamato’s ice Manipulation which is baseline.
Yet, in the scan you use as an argument, it doesn't show Zoro resisting the property of solid ice, only enduring a winter scenario while shirtless.

The properties of ice in frozen water form are different from the properties of snow in water vapor. You cannot take a character resisting snow and to say that he could resist ice, and in reverse, because they are two different properties.

And no, I didn't use strawman fallacy, I would have if I said that YOU, GinSama, said that Zoro would resist Absolute Zero, and I didn't say that, I just quoted that your argument sets a precedent for claiming that.

Okay, yeah no. You obviously haven't read One Piece if you think that's where Post-Time skip Zoro gets his resistance from.

Post Time-Skip Zoro has it via enduring the cold landscape that Kuzan made in Punk Hazzard. And no, your melting argument is ******* ass. Kuzan's ice lasted 2 years without melting, it's the entire plot of Punk Hazzard.
There is no interaction between ice and Zoro, only with snow btw.

First of all, if your aarguing Whataboutism's then I'd suggest you familiarize your with the verse. Dabi's fire is already accepted as that temperature, if not higher levels of temperatures going by his feats.

No it doesn't, yet again here we have you making shit up Victor. You failed on your first example miserably now your pulling random shit out of nowhere.
But the blue flames of Dabi have never been shown to affect people or matter passively to have that temperature, that's the point. What's to stop it from being just an aesthetic issue?

I don't need to prove shit. You're the one who made the claim, therefore you need to prove what your claiming and so far you got dogged on.
And so ignoring my scans of Kaido, before, during and after Zoro's attack, having faced and being wounded by Law and Luffy.

Kaido was already a warrior from a young age, do you really think he would be careless knowing that there is more than one person confronting him? Law could have done something similar as he did against Doflamingo using Luffy.

B_k8n7OVdig7GXne_sehL2DLL57uNlEdYjM88ecNNGg.png

Already against Yamato, Kaido was aware that it was practically a 1v1, there is a clash, there is a harsh and hateful exchange of glances, so on and so forth. There is no one present in the scenario for Kaido to worry about. Zoro's Haki is inferior to the Kaido Hybrid that Yamato faced.

one_piece_v101_ch1024_p018-019-edit3.jpg

When Kaidou is fighting someone he does seem to focus purely on that one individual, Kaidou was even asking him questions completely undefended after the attack without paying any mind to Law. Regardless of if he should or shouldn't pay Law any mind in this instance he wasn't.
Why was Kaido astonished after discovering that Zoro was also a Haoshoku Haki user?

youronepiecemanga_1010_09.jpg

This does not mean that Kaido was not paying attention in Law, he was just stunned in a moment of surprise. Just answer me why Kaido, who from a young age was a very intelligent warrior who defeated very skilled people, would be so easily distracted, being that he could hit with Kanabo, for example, Luffy, who was superior to this Zoro?

one_piece_v103_ch1042_p016-017-edit-v1.4.jpg

She doesn't fight that way and she doesn't have any real method of doing so that suits her combat style. Plus Zoro in this key had fought King who's combat style is focused on disarming his opponent's and he created a counter to it by forming a barrier between him and King to prevent his swords being taken.
The difference is that Yamato has more efficient ways of doing this than King, such as using Thunder Bagua to surprise Zoro. Also, his combat style doesn't mean that Yamato wouldn't do this if necessary.

Y1gu3vhdSOgsueOguxCMeVcnIDGFEkvn_PO0MOJTUps.jpg

Why was Kaido astonished after discovering that Zoro was also a Haoshoku Haki user?
Sorry but how is this at all relevant.
This does not mean that Kaido was not paying attention in Law, he was just stunned in a moment of surprise. Just answer me why Kaido, who from a young age was a very intelligent warrior who defeated very skilled people, would be so easily distracted, being that he could hit with Kanabo, for example, Luffy, who was superior to this Zoro?
How does any of this have to do with Kaidou focusing on opponent he's fighting???
The difference is that Yamato has more efficient ways of doing this than King, such as using Thunder Bagua to surprise Zoro.
More ways of doing this? King has a literally sword made for disarming people, Yamato has only one possible method which is trying to grapple them away with her hands which she's never shown to do.

The thunder Bagua surprising Zoro isn't going to disarm him?
Also, his combat style doesn't mean that Yamato wouldn't do this if necessary.
How is she going to disarm him with a two handed club?

Fireballs have no reason to scale to Marco's durability unless proven otherwise.

When did I deny the fact that Marco sent King flying with Blue Bird? I literally referenced it in my post on when King got "spanked" by Marco.

Big Mom is stated to be able to beat Gura Gura BB, Marco is stated to be able to defeat Gura Gura BB. Big Mom and Marco clash as equals, what's the issue here exactly?
I can't really prove it. All I can say is that he uses his flames in conjunction with his physical attacks but it's not concrete.
I'm talking about the attack marco did after. He rammed into king woth his knee whichade him bleed. Refer back to the scans.
The issue is that marco lost to black beard. The other issue is base king scales to said hybrid marco who can clash with big mom and block zoan kaido's attacks which means he scales to or above base kaido which is a narrative problem. Either marco doesn't scale to the yonko directly and only scales to the admirals ( consistent) or king harming marco is an outlier/ blue flames don't count as body durability.

I can't really prove it. All I can say is that he uses his flames in conjunction with his physical attacks but it's not concrete.
Not with Blue bird, it's a straight up fireball. We don't scale durability like that only with physicals.
I'm talking about the attack marco did after. He rammed into king woth his knee whichade him bleed. Refer back to the scans
You're talking about outliers later in your post but this is more likely the outlier here, a named hybrid attack failed to harm King yet an unnamed base knee did; an attack that would scale to Marco's physicals and thus King's AP which isn't strong enough to bypass King's durability.
The issue is that marco lost to black beard.
Marco lost to a Blackbeard one year after marineford where he was stated to have gotten far stronger, non of the Yonko or Marco scale to that version of BB.

The Yonko, Marco and Akainu all scale above the marineford BB.
The other issue is base king scales to said hybrid marco who can clash with big mom and block zoan kaido's attacks which means he scales to or above base kaido which is a narrative problem.
The Big Mom that Marco scales too doesn't scale to Zoan Kaidou.
Either marco doesn't scale to the yonko directly and only scales to the admirals ( consistent) or king harming marco is an outlier/ blue flames don't count as body durability.
Marco does scale to the admirals in base, his zoan forms are stronger and clashed with Mom.

King didn't cut blue flames, he cut Marco's zoan wing which counts as body durability.

Since it seems Monkeman is now voting incon, that makes it 8-6-1 in Zoro's favor.

Would anyone who voted for Yamato like to state whether their views have changed now that the supposed AP gap between Yamato and Zoro has been cleared up?
No lol I said I still voted Yamato.

I really don't understand why Yamato would have much trouble with Zoro, when she could adapt to Kaido's combat speed and Haki in Hybrid form.

Yamato would keep up with him smoothly, and as quoted from the beginning of this thread, has good advantages in combat compared to Zoro. It's a pretty decisive win for Yamato.

Ok, this thread is not going anywhere and it is 8-7, can we just call it Incon like we did for Marco vs King and call it a wrap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back