• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Bubsy vs Composite Human

CH can do research during its prep.

That's also not really how speed equalization works. Stuff is equalized in a relative manner, so explosions aren't gonna be dodgable here.

Why is speed even equalized though?

Explosions themselves come out at speeds that can't really be dodged. People jump out of the way before the bombs even go off.

Jackythejack said:
I posted a calc request then.
Until that's passed I don't think it's right to assume Bubsy gets one shotted because we don't have all the facts
Considering he needs to be very, very, very high into 9-B, then we have two options.

1. Continue the fight and assume he'd get one-shot, since without a calc he would.

2. Put the fight in hold and wait for a calc, then come back.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Explosions are dodgeble even without speed equalized, just jump away from it.
That only happens in action movies. And even then, that doesn't happen when you are surrounded by explosives that go off before you have time to react.

I don't think you know what nerve gas does. Can find some stuff in a second but type 1 SS isn't gonna save you from that.

The Wright Way said:
That's still dodgable as long as you're a certain range away, as his range is meters. Also, he'll have to throw it while dying of nerve gas, assuming he doesn't drop dead first.
That's kind of exactly what I'm saying he could do against the nerve gas; I don't know why you felt the need to respond by sayin the exact same thing I said but whatever.

As for the bomb, yeah, you're right, CH could dodge it if he knows what Bubsy's range is, which he doesn't, since prep time doesn't give prior knowledge.

Glitch Trainer MangleMan25 said:
You mean like his Smart Bomb, which holds greater range than CH's bombs anyway? Nice.
You admitted he doesn't lead with hax, meaning he won't lead with his Smart Bomb.

The Wright Way said:
Okay, what does Bubsy have againt Nerve Gas? It kills fast and even if Bubsy throws a bomb, there's no guarantee it'll hit, especially since he's dying from nerve gas.
Bubsy has Type 1 Self-Sustenance, gases won't effect him at all.
Not how nerve gas works. At all.

Prep time does let CH do research though.

It says he can breath in space and underwater, that's not the same as not breathing period. He breaths it in and it poisons and kills him.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
The Wright Way said:
That's still dodgable as long as you're a certain range away, as his range is meters. Also, he'll have to throw it while dying of nerve gas, assuming he doesn't drop dead first.
That's kind of exactly what I'm saying he could do against the nerve gas; I don't know why you felt the need to respond by sayin the exact same thing I said but whatever.
As for the bomb, yeah, you're right, CH could dodge it if he knows what Bubsy's range is, which he doesn't, since prep time doesn't give prior knowledge.
I personally think CH would have issues dealing with the bomb. However, Bubsy was already admitted to not lead with it. So, he explodes.

Even if he can breathe in space, he would still have to hold his breathe so he wouldn't be affected by the gas, but he wouldn't know to do that, since he doesn't know how CH's weapons work.

It says he can breath in space and underwater, that's not the same as not breathing period. He breaths it in and it poisons and kills him.

He can survive where there's no gases at all, he doesn't need to breathe.

He's unaffected, period.

All of you saying "Nerve gas this, nerve gas that", did you all read his abilities thoroughly?

He can survive in the vacuum of space without a helmet, he's completely unaffected by that:

Is capable of breathing in outer space
This doesn't mean anything against the likes of full body paralysis and destruction of the brain though.

ThePixelKirby said:
I personally think CH would have issues dealing with the bomb. However, Bubsy was already admitted to not lead with it. So, he explodes.
Link to the scene of Bubsy saying he doesn't use it and I change my vote.

Not how nerve gas works. At all.

Then explain how surviving without any gas doesn't apply here. His respiratory system doesn't require breathing anything in, and his force field would block out the rest of it.

I'm also voting CH.

Because he still breathes, so he ingests it one way or another. It may not be totally necessary but nothing says he just doesn't breathe at all.

Prove his forcefeild is air tight.

I have been. He still breathes, his profile clearly states as much, he can just do so even when no gases are present.

Of course he'd have issues, he'd be a marble as soon as it goes off. And no, Bubsy uses it on the fly all the time, not to be counted alongside the Virgil Reality Helmet.

Don't you have to proove he'd start with it? Burden of proof and all.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
ThePixelKirby said:
What I mean is, above people nearly unanimously agreed he doesn't lead with it due to his overconfidence. He doesn't lead with his hax as a whole.

Thread isn't in grace anymore btw.

I don't think appealing to "simple logic" is the best idea with Bubsy, of all characters. His file itself says he still breathes, so now prove he does not.

The Wright Way said:
Prove his forcefeild is air tight.

I have been. He still breathes, his profile clearly states as much, he can just do so even when no gases are present.
Prove it isn't. And no, he doesn't breathe in space. There's nothing to breathe, basic logic says so.

You can't breathe where there's noting to breathe. That's simple logic. He breathes nothing and Smart Bombs.

Yeah, but Bubsy clearly can. It's a freaking cartoon, dude.

Akreious said:
Agreed, Bubsy's own cockiness would definitely rub off on CH and be used to their advantage.
However, I heavily doubt Bubsy's personality alone will bring about his loss. It would certainly bring about difficulty for him, but ultimately I believe Bubsy would use his hax in-character if he was being backed into a corner, at which point CH would have no counters and Bubsy would take the W.
You admitted that Bubsy would likely use his hax when backed into a corner. Which won't happen when he already suffered from over a dozen near-9-A explosions. He'd be dead.

Prove it isn't.
You are the one making the affirmative claim (Forcefield is airtight), so you must prove it. Shifting the burden of proof like that is fallacious.

Then explain how surviving without any gas doesn't apply here. His respiratory system doesn't require breathing anything in, and his force field would block out the rest of it.
First of all, nerve gas can also blind and heavily irritate the skin. As well, just because he doesn't need to doesn't mean he won't. He doesn't know of CH's weaponry, and given his lack of combat experience and intelligence, would not think to hold his breath when he's howling in pain.

What I mean is, above people nearly unanimously agreed he doesn't lead with it due to his overconfidence. He doesn't lead with his hax as a whole.

In-game actions prove otherwise, he uses it constantly.

Back