• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) 8-B+/Low 8-A Tournament Round 2, Match 1: Daidouji VS Buggy the Clown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Last time on this tournament, we have finished up Round 1. Now it is Round 2, and today we have the typical ninja VS pirate battle.

In the blue corner, we have Daidouji from Senran Kagura (nominated by TheRustyOne), and on the red corner, we have Buggy the Clown from One Piece (nominated by SamanPatou).

Match rules in the tournament OP.

Who wins?

Shinobi: 8 (TheRustyOne, Popted2, Expectro2000xxx, GlaceonGamez471, SamanPatou, Veloxt1r0kore, TauanVictor, Vizer04)

Pirate:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
You linked Metal Gear Ray, not Buggy. This is difficult, as Buggy surpasses Daidouji in both AP and Lifting Strength. While the AP isn't a big difference, his Lifting Strength is the biggest issue. As she won't be able to escape his grasp if he restrains her.

Daidouji's biggest advantage would be her speed boost with Frantic Mode, while it isn't a blitz it'd allow her to avoid most attacks. But it isn't something she'd use right away, so if Buggy gets her in a hold beforehand... it won't be good. Also her defense is lowered, and Buggy has knives for his standard attacks.

Her attacks would be more effective than normal, as her blows can create shockwaves. And She does have a ranged energy attack, though that is a special move and not something she spams. Buggy's tricking style of fighting and lifting strength advantage is a big problem here.

Hmm... Daidouji is skilled but is more brute force compared to other Shinobi. That Lifting Strength is the biggest problem here, since Buggy can grab her by the neck and she can't pull his hand off. She'd be able to punch his hand, but that'd leave her open to being stabbed. I don't know if Buggy would let go with one or even a few punches to his hand. I don't know how good his pain tolerance is.

Hmm... Daidouji is skilled but is more brute force compared to other Shinobi. That Lifting Strength is the biggest problem here, since Buggy can grab her by the neck and she can't pull his hand off. She'd be able to punch his hand, but that'd leave her open to being stabbed. I don't know if Buggy would let go with one or even a few punches to his hand. I don't know how good his pain tolerance is.
Buggy's pain tolerance should be decent, although it's difficult to gauge. He could quickly recover from being kicked in the nuts, and has withstood some clear hits from Luffy, who was much stronger than him.
If Buggy were to grab her, he'd probably go for a suplex-like attack such as this.
Buggy also uses his LS to push knives into the opponent after firing his hand, and that could be very dangerous for Daidouji if she tries to block them like Luffy did, instead of dodging or countering them.

I assume Daidouji is decently skilled in h2h combat, but can I have more details? How likely is she to know how to deal with projectiles such as the knives and multiple body parts coming at her or flying around?
And how good is she at improvising? Buggy usually doesn't show his cards immediately, and might try to trick her by de-attaching his body at last minute or faking wounds to surprise her (as he did against Zoro).
I don't know Daidouji's skill level, but I think she's likely to be more skilled than Buggy in combat, but the pirate's biggest advantage is his tricky physiology and weapons that kinds of makes up for the lack of skill.

From the videos above I see that she can fight multiple enemies at once, which could be good if gameplay is faithfully to lore/the actual way the fights go in-verse.
Also, I see that some of her attacks seem to have slashing properties (because of the claw-like graphic effects). They don't seem to be her main way of fighting, but it's worthy to note that they'd be useless against Buggy's immunity to slashing attacks.

Daidouji is skilled, but honestly relies more on brute force. She does usually fight another highly skilled shinobi named Rin, and considers her to be her rival. So she has experience against fighting someone who mainly uses blades, and can usually fight large groups of people.

But her personality is best described as "Punch first, ask questions while punching".

I imagine she'd try to parry or dodge any flying blades, not grab them. She doesn't grapple either. It's hard to say how skilled she is via examples beyond gameplay. As fights take place in gameplay, and I'm not that knowledgeable about the series beyond the games and anime. (Daidouji doesn't usually have a big role in such things)

Not certain how'd she react to someone faking an injury, as I cannot recall anyone like that in the series. But I have a feeling she'll try to punch him. If she notices him being capable of detaching his body parts she'll take more care to use attacks with bigger AOE, so they'd be harder for him to avoid. Such as energy blast or shockwaves.

She be confused by his ability, and express that confusion with more punching. She has good instincts, as most shinobi can detect murderous intent rather easily. I doubt Buggy could hide such a thing, so she wouldn't really fall for any playing dead trick.

Daidouji is skilled, but honestly relies more on brute force. She does usually fight another highly skilled shinobi named Rin, and considers her to be her rival. So she has experience against fighting someone who mainly uses blades, and can usually fight large groups of people.
Not certain how'd she react to someone faking an injury, as I cannot recall anyone like that in the series. But I have a feeling she'll try to punch him. If she notices him being capable of detaching his body parts she'll take more care to use attacks with bigger AOE, so they'd be harder for him to avoid. Such as energy blast or shockwaves.
She has good instincts, as most shinobi can detect murderous intent rather easily. I doubt Buggy could hide such a thing, so she wouldn't really fall for any playing dead trick.
Well, these are actually very good points and counter Buggy's major offensive strategies.
Buggy isn't very combat savvy, and prefers to rely on his tricks, but the moment an opponent knows how to deal with them, he's kind of screwed.

Daidouji fighting large amounts of people should allow her to taker care of the several body parts, and and the highly skilled shinobi Rin might be better than Buggy at fighting with knives.
AoE attacks should also work well against many body parts flying or coming against her.
Speed amps and ESP are also there.

Imho, from what I read, Buggy should be able to give her a somewhat hard time, and depending on the situation he could even win, but I see him losing most of the times.

I vote Daidouji, at least for now.

I'll vote for Daidouji.

Since her ability to sense bloodlust and her own punch first personality means Buggy's trick are just free hits for her. Being capable of producing large AOE shockwaves with her punches will make it difficult for him avoid. She has experience fighting large group of shinobi (Who uses weapons) and usually fights with Rin who uses her own set of blades with large AOE.

Frantic Mode to increase her speed and power, making it easier for her to land attacks and avoid Buggy's own. It also increases her reach, making her ranged attacks and shockwaves even larger. With Buggy's inability to make his feet levitate, they'd be a interesting target for her large ground shaking attacks.

I don't think this is an easy victory.

Daidouji's bloodlust sensing (ESP), alongside being use to dealing with large group of enemies and dealing with similar if not superior style of blade attacks. And her own attacks covering a large AOE, so simply detaching a body part won't be able to avoid taking some damage.

Frantic Mode to increase her speed, making it easier to avoid his attacks and land hits of her own. And him trying any playing dead trick just gives Daidouji a free hit.

But Buggy is still a rather confusing opponent, and his LS advantage is very troublesome. Though Daidouji's response to confusion is to punch, and will feel the bloodlust coming from Buggy as well. And it seems like Buggy isn't the type to instantly try and restrain someone.

He usually uses his LS to lift up someone, and throw them into the ground (Suplex like). Which won't put Daidouji down, and just make her more wary of being grabbed by him. She just happens to have enough abilities that can deal with Buggy's tricks, in most occasions.

I don't think this is an easy victory.

Daidouji's bloodlust sensing (ESP), alongside being use to dealing with large group of enemies and dealing with similar if not superior style of blade attacks. And her own attacks covering a large AOE, so simply detaching a body part won't be able to avoid taking some damage.

Frantic Mode to increase her speed, making it easier to avoid his attacks and land hits of her own. And him trying any playing dead trick just gives Daidouji a free hit.

But Buggy is still a rather confusing opponent, and his LS advantage is very troublesome. Though Daidouji's response to confusion is to punch, and will feel the bloodlust coming from Buggy as well. And it seems like Buggy isn't the type to instantly try and restrain someone.

He usually uses his LS to lift up someone, and throw them into the ground (Suplex like). Which won't put Daidouji down, and just make her more wary of being grabbed by him. She just happens to have enough abilities that can deal with Buggy's tricks, in most occasions.
Gonna have to make Johnny vs Daidouji...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back