• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Come one come all to The Super Cool 8-B Tournament! In our first match of round 1: we have a decently interesting matchup. The Brotherhood of Mutants leader, Magneto! And the Egg Laying Mammal of Action, Perry the Platypus!

Rules are stated in the tournament hub. So you can read those if you need a refresher.

Magneto: 7 (@RoTt35, @SamanPatou, @koopa3144, @Popted2, @LeoEpicGamer8910, @TheMassivlyUnkn0wn, @The_Almighty_Wholesome)
Perry the Platypus: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
What does Perry start with? Magneto in combat uses the metal of his surrounding or if his enemy has any weapons made of some metal steal and use them against him

What does Perry start with? Magneto in combat uses the metal of his surrounding or if his enemy has any weapons made of some metal steal and use them against him
Iirc Perry starts with CQC and will take equipment out of Hammerspace if needed.

So at first Magneto would have the advantage with his ranged attacks. Does the location have metal objects that can serve as weapons, for example vehicles?

no the buildings are empty, but if he's able to throw chunks of said buildings he should be fine
Magneto can move whole stadiums so that won't be a problem. Then he would start by using any metal he finds around him to attack Perry (examples of his skill and potency with magnetism), which would give him the advantage at first since Perry starts with CQC, and if the latter tries to use his equipment, assuming it has some metal, Magneto can steal and use it against him. So I ask, the equipment that Perry uses is made of some metal?

So I ask, the equipment that Perry uses is made of some metal?
Eh I would say most of his equipment is made of metal. However, I'm pretty sure Perry is smart enough to realize that Magneto can manipulate metal and won't pull out any metal equipment.

Eh I would say most of his equipment is made of metal. However, I'm pretty sure Perry is smart enough to realize that Magneto can manipulate metal and won't pull out any metal equipment.
Well, in that case then Perry would be restricted to just CQC otherwise his equipment would be stolen and used against him, while Magneto would attack Perry with the metal of his surrounding from a distance, Magneto can also fly to keep his distance if Perry tries to get close

I mean once Perry figures out that Magneto can manipulate metal which his mind, he can use his watch to give Magneto a brain freeze and leave him open to attack. Perry can also create an acid bubble around himself to protect himself from any metal Magneto throws at him.

I might as well give my current thoughts:

From what I'm seeing this is ultimately "can magneto pick up one of the buildings in construct to chuck at Perry before Perry gets in close and annihilates in CQC"

From what I'm seeing this is ultimately "can magneto pick up one of the buildings in construct to chuck at Perry before Perry gets in close and annihilates in CQC"
Well, the initial distance is of 25 meters so that should give Magneto a little advantage to use his ranged attacks, and he can also fly to increase the distance

ah, well perry definitely has ranged attacks himself. he has explosives and a laser gun. the latter can burn through carpet. so yeah perry can MAYBE deal damage to the buildings, but yeah he'd still can use the debris to throw around

ah, well perry definitely has ranged attacks himself. he has explosives and a laser gun. the latter can burn through carpet. so yeah perry can MAYBE deal damage to the buildings, but yeah he'd still can use the debris to throw around
Also, if those weapons are made of some metal, Magneto can steal and use them against Perry

If there are no more arguments for Perry I will vote for Magneto due to his magnetism which allows him to use the metal of his surrounding as weapons and use Perry's equipment against him and forcing him to just fight with CQC, thus Magneto would have the advantage with his ranged attacks and flight

The watch is made of some metal, right? If so, Magneto can easily control it and use it against him
All perry needs to is point the watch at him to induce a brain freeze iirc so he can probably give magneto a brain freeze before he can think to manipulate the metal in the watch.
It seems to only work for a short time, so I don't think it can protect him from all the barrage of metal
If it pops Perry can just quickly form another one around himself.

All perry needs to is point the watch at him to induce a brain freeze iirc so he can probably give magneto a brain freeze before he can think to manipulate the metal in the watch.
Magneto can sense and detect metal, he can manipulate the watch with thought which is faster than Perry aiming and shooting with gestures, and Magneto has already used the objects people use against them
If it pops Perry can just quickly form another one around himself.
Eventually he will run out of acid, which by the way in the clip you shared it only showed to melt glass, I don't know if we should assume that it can also melt any metal instantly

On top of the current arguments, Magneto might use his Technology Manip power to tamper with Perry's watch, and his enhanced senses and battle savvyness could likely help him dodge the brain freeze, were it to get past flight and environmental obstruction (I'm assuming it's a ray and not an instant localized freeze, I could be wrong).

Count me in for Magneto, I believe he would totally win the majority of the times.

On top of the current arguments, Magneto might use his Technology Manip power to tamper with Perry's watch, and his enhanced senses and battle savvyness could likely help him dodge the brain freeze, were it to get past flight and environmental obstruction (I'm assuming it's a ray and not an instant localized freeze, I could be wrong).

Count me in for Magneto, I believe he would totally win the majority of the times.
counted

Back