• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B+/Low 8-A Tournament Round 1, Match 1: Kasumi Goto vs Daidouji

yes it'd make her illusions and decoys worthless but she has no counter to overload.

The stun effect lasts a couple of seconds, right?

I think the real question is "How many rounds can Kasumi put on Daidouji before the effect wears off?"

throwing a grenade isn't the same as firing an smg
she starts with an smg and high explosive rounds specifically cause mini detonations on impact i don't think daido would be in good condition to fight after the stun wears off, and kasumi still has her flashbang grenades to stun/disorient(lightly geared enemy get knocked down aswell). grenades are just supplementary to her kit

throwing a grenade isn't the same as firing an smg
Yeah. If Kasumi is able to stun Daidouji, she'd have to take her down as quickly as possible.

The average SMG fires automatically at a cyclic rate of 600-1000 rounds per minute.

A couple of seconds (the length of the stun effect) should be assumed to be 2 seconds. There is 60 seconds in a minute.

This means that Kasumi will be firing around 20-33 rounds every 2 seconds (correct me if I'm wrong).

Would this be enough to take down Daidouji? There's no way Daidouji can avoid being stunned, right?

Yeah. If Kasumi is able to stun Daidouji, she'd have to take her down as quickly as possible.

The average SMG fires automatically at a cyclic rate of 600-1000 rounds per minute.

A couple of seconds (the length of the stun effect) should be assumed to be 2 seconds. There is 60 seconds in a minute.

This means that Kasumi will be firing around 20-33 rounds every 2 seconds (correct me if I'm wrong).

Would this be enough to take down Daidouji? There's no way Daidouji can avoid being stunned, right?
Seems like there's no avoiding it. Each of the rounds is city block+, so I don't think that's survivable.

yeah and there not ordinary rounds either they detonate on impact, if her shots hits vitals its pretty much over. which shouldn't be hard for an expert like kasumi especially if the target is briefly stunned at a place like the worlds martial arts tournmant with no cover around.

Assuming 5 seconds of stun and 10 rounds/second, that's 782 Tons of AP total, which is multi-city block level+. Dai is only city block level dura.
The effect lasts a couple of seconds. A couple is 2. 5 seconds is stretching it.

I don't think they are able to penetrate Dai, isn't it the explosion that's 8-B+ and not the bullet getting shot
yea her bullets won't cut it just the grenades can give her the wincon ig
The effect lasts a couple of seconds. A couple is 2. 5 seconds is stretching it.
mass effect 2 has it at 3s but thats stunning a synthnetic, its mass effect 3 that overload stuns organic unprotected enemies they don't specify how long maybe someone can play me3 and time it.

Ok. With 2 seconds, that's 312 tons of force, which is still solidly in multi-city block.
Even if they don't penetrate, that's 312 tons of explosive force, which I don't think Dai can take
The difference between the explosive force and Daidouji's AP is ~3.91x.

It's going to do damage, but not enough to take her down. Frantic Mode makes it worse for Kasumi.

well frantic lowers her durability.

can daido survive a barrage and an explosion during the stun after that if she gets close to kasumi its basically over.

The difference between the explosive force and Daidouji's AP is ~3.91x.

It's going to do damage, but not enough to take her down. Frantic Mode makes it worse for Kasumi.
It would be 5x if she also threw a grenade during the stun. Could she toss a grenade in her off hand while using the smg?

well frantic lowers her durability.

can daido survive a barrage and an explosion during the stun after that if she gets close to kasumi its basically over.
How much does it lower her durability? A 3.91x advantage is nice, but is Daidouji's Frantic Mode make it to the point where it's impossible to survive? This is also assuming she would be in Frantic Mode while stunned, which doesn't seem likely.

Daido will survive if she's not in Frantic Mode. I'm not sure if she can survive it if she is in Frantic Mode. Though, once again, the chances of Daido being in Frantic Mode while getting stunned seems unlikely, considering that the stun effect is something Kasumi will open with, right?

It would be 5x if she also threw a grenade during the stun. Could she toss a grenade in her off hand while using the smg?
SMG's work best in close range, so Kasumi will have to be in close range in order for her to be extremely accurate. If she's throwing a grenade at Daido while shooting, there's a chance that Kasumi will miss a few shots, which will be crucial. Plus, since the effect lasts only a couple of seconds, throwing a grenade won't be effective, as Daido would've already recovered by then. It's game over at that point.

Daido will survive if she's not in Frantic Mode. I'm not sure if she can survive it if she is in Frantic Mode. Though, once again, the chances of Daido being in Frantic Mode while getting stunned seems unlikely, considering that the stun effect is something Kasumi will open with, right?
gameplay wise you(mc) issue the orders but kasumi starts with her smg and invisibility the other equipment and tech abilities are situational or are secondary. tldr she can use them all comfortably but her weapon and stealth is like primary.

gameplay wise you(mc) issue the orders but kasumi starts with her smg and invisibility the other equipment and grenads are situational or are secondary. tldr she can use them all comfortably but her weapon and stealth is like primary.
This strategy won't work due to Daido's Extrasensory Perception.

Back