• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B+/Low 8-A Tournament Round 1, Match 1: Kasumi Goto vs Daidouji

Seems Kasumi's only chance of winning is stunning + using her SMG on Daido to overwhelm her.

The problem is that the AP isn't big enough to take Daido, and since the effect only lasts a couple of seconds, once Daido recovers, it's game over.

Doesn't Kasumi reactions make this a stomp tho? her weapons would be faster or are portrayed ingame wise as faster.

How far is close range? Dai can still evade and close the distance to disarm Kasumi (if not break her wrist)
Close range as Close Quarters Combat (CQC), so likely a few meters.

It's stated that an SMG is rarely effective when the distance between the gun and the target is at least 200 yards (180 meters).

woah i did not know that all of kasumi weapons would be mass accelerator-based weaponry these calcs are crazy.

gameplay wise you(mc) issue the orders but kasumi starts with her smg and invisibility the other equipment and tech abilities are situational or are secondary. tldr she can use them all comfortably but her weapon and stealth is like primary.
Going off of this, if Kasumi tries going invisible and going on the offensive, it wouldn't matter if her weaponry is faster or not, as Daido will be able to sense her due to Extrasensory Perception.

I should also mention that Frantic Mode increases Daido's Attack Speed, so the "Kasumi's weapon speed is faster" gets thrown out the window.

she doesn't stay invisible if she fires so it doesn't matter much, also breaking from her stealth also amps her weapon damage although its not on her profile for some reason.
I should also mention that Frantic Mode increases Daido's Attack Speed, so the "Kasumi's weapon speed is faster" gets thrown out the window.
its relativistic attack speed with mass accelerated weaponry daido isn't dodging them

she doesn't stay invisible if she fires so it doesn't matter much, also breaking from her stealth also amps her weapon damage although its not on her profile for some reason.
That still won't do much.

its relativistic attack speed with mass accelerated weaponry daido isn't dodging them
1. She'd open with her SMG, which works best in CQC (which is going to be extremely detrimental for Kasumi).
2. Can Kasumi shoot faster than Daido can attack once she's in Frantic Mode? It already doesn't help that Kasumi doesn't open with these attacks.

daido would be in a worst situation if she started with frantic mode
How so? Her attack speed and AP is increased, plus Class K LS. One grab and it's over for Kasumi. Unless you're talking about it'd be harder for Daido to survive her attacks, which is true, but I don't think it's that big of a detriment. Either way, Daido doesn't start with Frantic Mode.

what attack does she not open with? she starts with the smg and whatever standard equipment/tech abilities.
It was stated that Kasumi would go invisible and use her SMG to attack (which works best in CQC, which will be very detrimental for Kasumi), but it was debunked. If Daido is able to get a hold on Kasumi (which shouldn't be too hard of a task), the match is over right then and there due to the massive gap in LS.

(which works best in CQC, which will be very detrimental for Kasumi)
yeah it would but kasumi doesn't do that with the smg she still takes shots from range.

25 meter start if kasumi doesn't drop daido during the stun and before daido closes the distance its over thats all.

In SK, tanking stuff like bullet, explosion, etc is pretty normal thing for shinobi in-verse. I'm talking about Asuka's group whose is still training and regularly contend with all those kind of aforementioned stuff on daily basics. Here, Daidouji was one of the strongest student of Hanzo has to offer and casually stomped Asuka's group with ease on their encounter. (Warning: NSFW link)

That is not saying Kasumi guns won't do anything but seeing how weaker characters in SK can handles gunfire like rather mundane work? Daidouji won't have problem taking a full round of SMG and still have enough strength spare to beat Kasumi up.

Ok. With 2 seconds, that's 312 tons of force, which is still solidly in multi-city block.
We do not stack like that, the blast isn't 312 tons. It's still 8-B+ ton energy, just coming from multiple sources. Being hit by two equally strong people, doesn't mean you took an attack that was double their AP. Just that both attack was that same level.

If you'd surround her with multiple 8-B+ bombs, each blast would still only be 8-B+. Also being more than a few cm away from an explosion drastically lowers the energy that hits a person. Even at only 30 cm away from the center of a blast that is 70 tons, the energy per meter square would only be 30 Tons when it reaches her.

I don't know Daidouji's cross section area, but the amount of energy that hits her should be around the 30 ton figure from that distance. Explosions are funky like that, only direct point blank exposions would have the full yield. Moving even 30 cm away drastically reduces the amount of damage she'd take.

Once Daidouji gets paralyzed one time, she'll understand not to let herself get hit by that again. Since Kasumi has nothing that can take her down in such a short timeframe. Her Overload is a gun, which has to be aimed at her. Aim dodging is easy business. Though she'd probably avoid the gun being pointed at her regardless.

Especially if she increase her speed with frantic mode. She just needs to avoid her aim, not the Overload attack itself. And Kasumi won't last more than two hits.

I took at look at the 44 Ton feat for the kinetic barrier and the attack still did lots of damage to Shepherd. If a new calc comes out, that's great for the verse. But right now that 44 Ton attack KO'd him for some time and he was heavily bleeding. Daidouji's fist will be around 1.79X stronger than that blast.

She should be capable of taking care of that barrier with one direct hit. I'm voting Daidouji for my reasons, and the reasons above.

Back