• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B+/Low 8-A Tournament Round 1, Match 1: Kasumi Goto vs Daidouji

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Should've made this earlier, but here's the very first matchup of the 8-B+/Low 8-A Tournament!

Kasumi Goto (@Whiteoak019) vs Daidouji (@TheRustyOne)

Goto will have all of her explosive rounds/grenades (as that's the reason why she's 8-B+).

Speed will be equalized.

Both characters start 25 meters away from each other.

Fight takes place at the World Martial Arts Tournament.

2054486-originaltournament.jpg

Kasumi: 2 (Whiteoak019, Loyd)

Daidouji: 8 (Hagane_no_Saiyajin, Psychomaster35, TauanVictor, Mariogoods, Popted2, jamesthetaker, TheRustyOne, SemiRaedi)

Inconclusive:

thumb-1920-134102.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure Kasumi is only 8-B+ via explosives, not to mention she is a glass canon, which means that one good hit bypassing her kinetic field can kill her instantly

How does her Kinetic Field work?

Is it like RWBY Aura, or can it be bypassed? If so, than Daidouji only does need one hit to take her out.

I assume she just has a large stock of these weapons for the purpose of this match.

One annoying thing about tournaments is when 2 characters from verses with little supporters are pitted against each other.

I'm not one to partake in versus threads much but I guess since I was asked to come here, I'll give my two cents.

Yeah strong enough blasts can take out mass effect fields, anything that makes her lose concentration will do it.

Still, Kasumi is the best thief in the ME universe (in the Milky Way at least), and her likelihood of survival in the Suicide Mission on the Collector Base is higher than several trained and seasoned soldiers so while she's not a soldier she was still chosen to be in that mission for being an exceptional talent in the galaxy. Most importantly though, she has invisibility on her side, though with her opponent being an anime character with probably lots of powers, I'm not sure how much that'll help.

Her kinetic barriers should technically be stronger than what her profile says considering she's scaling from Shepard's barriers which partially survived a Reaper, and Reapers wipe out more than just city blocks, but that's another story. If she actually gets hit by anything comparable or stronger than her own grenades (and Daidouji seems stronger than her grenades as per that calc in the Naruto forums), she's probably dead.

Your character wins cause she's hot.
Kasumi isn't?

well Kasumi starts with whatever standard equipment supplemented with invisibility and decoy illusions, i don't see anything daido could do against overload which stuns via electric manip and kasumi just filling her with explosive rounds or lobbing a explosive grenade for the win.

Daidouji is a skilled Shinobi, very head strong and blunt, but she can sense and detect other shinobi with her senses. She has Extrasensory Perception after all. I don't believe invisibility will help that much

Overload: Overloads electronics with a power surge, stunning the enemy.

This doesn't tell me much about the ability, is it a all purpose attack that ignores range and cannot be dodged or countered no matter what? How does it work, and is this stunning paralysis or something else?

What does Kasumi do to avoid being one shotted with a single attack to the face? Can you explain her abilities in some detail, so I can get a clear grasp of this.

Also her attack speed could be a massive problem for this entire thing, how does this work.

Are her 8-B+ attacks that fast? Because speed equalization doesn't help here.

This doesn't tell me much about the ability, is it a all purpose attack that ignores range and cannot be dodged or countered no matter what? How does it work, and is this stunning paralysis or something else?
yes kasumi can activate it with a gesture if the opponent isn't heavily armored, have barriers or electric resistance they get stunned theres no travel it just targets you. characters get hit with a surge of electricity stunning them briefly

mass effect profiles looks outdated aswell some tech/biotic ability combos should give fire manip(lights opponents on fire) or ice manip(cryo freezes them).

So she can instantly causes temporary paralysis with a gesture... and of course her profile is outdated so she has more abilities than what it actually says. Not only that, but her barrier thing is apparently stronger than how it's currently rated.

Why does this happen on basically every single tournament thread?

So she can instantly causes temporary paralysis with a gesture... and of course her profile is outdated so she has more abilities than what it actually says. Not only that, but her barrier thing is apparently stronger than how it's currently rated.

Why does this happen on basically every single tournament thread?
I honestly don't know.

So she can instantly temporarily paralysis someone with a gesture...
Yes, ill try to find a clip. thankfully the mass effect games make most abilities target you directly.
and of course her profile is outdated so she has more abilities than what it actually says.
her profile has basically everything.
the ability combos are more for the entire mass effect verse and with the abilities she has i don't think she can do detonation combos anyhow.
Not only that, but her barrier thing is apparently stronger than how it's currently rated.
i wouldn't know myself

So how is this match even fair if she has the ability to paralysis someone with mere gesture, a unavoidable ability? No weakness whatsoever that a person without armor, barrier, or resistance can exploit. Just an instant loss with no way of retaliation?

Note: I've never even heard of Mass Effect until today, so I legit have no idea what this series is about.

How does it compare to her own combat speed?

"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc. Speed Amplification techniques are assumed to grant the same percentile of increase to a character's equalized speeds, as they would to their usual speeds."

Which means if that attack is too faster for Kasumi to dodge, then that means Daidouji can't dodge it either.

I mean if by better you mean showing off more skin, then yeah I guess xD

But that's neither here nor there...

So how is this match even fair if she has the ability to paralysis someone with mere gesture, a unavoidable ability? No weakness whatsoever that a person without armor, barrier, or resistance can exploit. Just an instant loss with no way of retaliation?
yeah its more balanced around the verse itself, unless you're fodder anyone can suit up in really heavy armor, use tech and biotic barriers and its meant for destroying energy shields which everyone in the verse basically uses some small degree of and again it only briefly stuns you. technically the electric effect can be blocked if you're behind cover so i shouldn't say its instant or direct hax but visually its instant.

ngl i tried overload in mass effect 2 and (red bar) fodder organic enemies weren't stunned i think it was a feature added in mass effect 3.
tldr thats the overload showcase

Looks like Daidouji is 79.79475 tons, she can definitely tank Kasumi's bombs

I also looked at Kasumi's profile and she doesn't have any hax that can help her in the fight, once Dai has her hands on Kasumi it's gg!

My vote goes to Daidouji (lest I can be convinced)

Looks like Daidouji is 79.79475 tons, she can definitely tank Kasumi's bombs

I also looked at Kasumi's profile and she doesn't have any hax that can help her in the fight, once Dai has her hands on Kasumi it's gg!

My vote goes to Daidouji (lest I can be convinced)
what about the paralysis inducement?

she can briefly stun with overload or flashbang grenades.

i'm not sure where her high explosive rounds/grenades come from i don't recall her using them at all.

she can briefly stun with overload or flashbang grenades.
That's not that same as total paralysis since it's a temporary affect, and we did establish before that Dai being 1.799124053x stronger would be more than able to tank any attacks from Kasumi, so stun don't matter if it's temporary

This might end up like Vegeta vs Cui

Back