• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on these for Rayquaza and Deoxys’ justifications:

Ray/Mega Ray: Multi-Continent level (Stopped the clash between Groudon and Kyogre and is much stronger than them) | Planet level (Destroyed Grand Meteor Delta and fought Deoxys)

Deoxys: Planet level (Controlled Grand Meteor Delta, which was heavily implied to be capable of destroying the Earth)

I'm about to check the Pokedex entries for any feats for Mega and Giagntamax Pokemon, since I think the 5x multiplier they currently they have is from the anime and probably going to be rejected?

Btw, why is (Mega) Rayquaza 5-B+?

He scales above the 896.53 zettaton calc, but the gap between that and baseline 5-B+ is over 1.539x, so Rayquaza should probably be 5-B.

So here's what I found

Gigantamax Venusaur
SwordIn battle, this Pokémon swings around two thick vines. If these vines slammed into a 10-story building, they could easily topple it.
ShieldHuge amounts of pollen burst from it with the force of a volcanic eruption. Breathing in too much of the pollen can cause fainting.
It would have to be a very strong eruption, like Mount Tambora in order to get to 6-C, but a generic eruption is weaker than that and that's what this scales to
Mega Venusaur has nothing
Gigantamax Blastoise
SwordIt's not very good at precision shooting. When attacking, it just fires its 31 cannons over and over and over.
ShieldWater fired from this Pokémon's central main cannon has enough power to blast a hole into a mountain.
Too weak, considering Tyranitar already scales above that
LGPE entries don't have much for scaling so no feats for Mega Blastoise
For how much they shill Zard, they don't give him any feats in the dex

Mega Zam
SunAs a result of Mega Evolution, its power has been entirely converted into psychic energy, and it has lost all strength in its muscles.
MoonIts hidden psychic power has been unleashed. A glance at someone gives it knowledge of the course of that person's life, from birth to death.
Ultra SunIt sends out psychic power from the red organ on its forehead to foresee its opponents' every move.
Ultra MoonHaving traded away its muscles, Alakazam's true power has been unleashed. With its psychic powers, it can foresee all things.
Let's Go PikachuIt's adept at precognition. When attacks completely miss Alakazam, that's because it's seeing the future.
I think there are powers not listed on the profiles there but no AP stuff
Mega Gengar
Mega Gengar
SunGengar's relationships are warped. It has no interest in opponents unless it perceives them as prey.
MoonThe energy of Mega Evolution awakened it. It sinks into another dimension, where it keeps a patient watch for its chance to attack.
Ultra SunIt tries to take the lives of anyone and everyone. It will even try to curse the Trainer who is its master!
Ultra MoonMega Evolution has made it possible for Gengar to access other dimensions. Its entire body is brimming with strange power.
Let's Go PikachuIt can pass through other dimensions and can appear anywhere. It caused a stir one time when it stuck just one leg out of a wall.
Nope nothing there
Nothing for Gigantamax Gengar there
Nothing for Kanga Pinsir either
Nothing for Mega Gyarados suprisingly, although for regular Gyarados
VioletIt appears whenever there is world conflict, burning down any place it travels through.
I love how they use "world conflict"
Nothing for Mega Aero, not even a statment about 100 million years ago so that Tyrantrum scales above it
Mega Ampharos is funny, but nothing there. Regular Ampharos' light can be seen from space though, must make satelite photos of the Pokemon world interesting
RubyAmpharos gives off so much light that it can be seen even from space. People in the old days used the light of this Pokémon to send signals back and forth with others far away.
Nothing for Mega Scizor, although Regular Scizor's muscles made of metal is an intersting decision to make
ShieldThough its body is slim, Scizor has tremendous attacking power. Even Scizor's muscles are made of metal.

Mega Heracross has this
Mega Heracross
Ultra SunIt can grip things with its two horns and lift 500 times its own body weight.
Compared to Regular Heracross'
CrystalWith its Herculean powers, it can easily throw around an object that is 100 times its own weight.
But 'Easily throw around' seems to be stronger than "lift", so this probably doesn't give a 5x multiplier, not to mention that this is an LS feat, not an AP one.

Mega Houndoom
Ultra MoonHoundoom's entire body generates heat when it Mega Evolves. Its fearsome fiery breath turns its opponents to ash.
Standard fire type dex entry. Also today I learned that Regular Houndoom's flames have toxins?? This is also listed on the profile?
PlatinumThe flames it breathes when angry contain toxins. If they cause a burn, it will hurt forever.
Unfortunately, despite TTar giving us our standard stage 2 feat, Mega Tar does not provide
Mega Blaziken doesn't even have any dex entries
Mega Gardevoir doesn't have any either
Mega Mawile has no entries of use
Mega Aggron is useless for our purposes
Mega Medicham has no entries period
Mega Manetric is irritated by its lightning, which is nothing compared to some of the other Megas
Mega Absol gives us nothing
Mega Garchomp gives us nothing
Mega Lucario, Abomasnow, Beedrill, Pidgeot gives nothing
Mega Slowbro doesn't even get a power boost, except for it's LGPE entry, it all goes to the shelder
Mega Steelix, Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Altaria, Glalie, Salamence, Metagross (Although it has
Mega Metagross
SunThis form results from one Metagross, one Metang, and two Beldum linking up.
this doesn't mean it's necessarily twice as strong), Lopunny, Gallade and Audino all give us nothing.
Man Game Freak, you really should have given us dex entries for form changes in gen 6.
Gigantamax Butterfree has
ShieldOnce it has opponents trapped in a tornado that could blow away a 10-ton truck, it finishes them off with its poisonous scales.
Not good enough at all
Gigantamax Pikachu
ShieldWhen it smashes its opponents with its bolt-shaped tail, it delivers a surge of electricity equivalent to a lightning strike.
At least they're giving us feats, unlike the Megas. Though do lightning strikes count for AP? It's certainly not in the References for Common Feats section
Meowth has nothing
Gigantamax Machamp has
Gigantamax Machamp
SwordThe Gigantamax energy coursing through its arms makes its punches hit as hard as bomb blasts.
ShieldOne of these Pokémon once used its immeasurable strength to lift a large ship that was in trouble. It then carried the ship to port.
Fat Man is 7-C I don't think bomb blasts are gonna cut it there.
That "immeasurable strength" is obviously hyperbole
Kingler has nothing
Gigantamax Lapras has
ShieldIt surrounds itself with a huge ring of gathered ice particles. It uses the ring to smash any icebergs that might impede its graceful swimming.
I'm fairly sure that isn't strong enough
Gigantamax Snorlax doesn't say anything about having a strength of a mountain so nothing there
Gigantamax Coalossal has
Gigantamax Coalossal
SwordIts body is a colossal stove. With Gigantamax energy stoking the fire, this Pokémon's flame burns hotter than 3,600 degrees Fahrenheit.
Compared to regular Coalossal's
SwordIt's usually peaceful, but the vandalism of mines enrages it. Offenders will be incinerated with flames that reach 2,700 degrees Fahrenheit.
which could be something. I think that's 1.33x?
Gigantamax Sandaconda has
Gigantamax Sandaconda
SwordIts sand pouch has grown to tremendous proportions. More than 1,000,000 tons of sand now swirl around its body.
ShieldSand swirls around its body with such speed and power that it could pulverize a skyscraper.
Shame that's only 7-C
Gigantamax Centiskorch has
Gigantamax Centiskorch
SwordGigantamax energy has evoked a rise in its body temperature, now reaching over 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit. Its heat waves incinerate its enemies.
Compared to regular Centiskorch's
SwordWhen it heats up, its body temperature reaches about 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit. It lashes its body like a whip and launches itself at enemies.
which is a 1.25x multiplier, smaller than Coalossal's
Gigantamax Hatterene has nothing, Gigantamax Grimmsnarl has
Gigantamax Grimmsnarl
SwordBy transforming its leg hair, this Pokémon delivers power-packed drill kicks that can bore huge holes in Galar's terrain.
Which is too vague unfortunately
Gigantamax Alcremie has
Gigantamax Alcremie
SwordCream pours endlessly from this Pokémon's body. The cream stiffens when compressed by an impact. A harder impact results in harder cream.
ShieldIt launches swarms of missiles, each made of cream and loaded with 100,000 kilocalories. Get hit by one of these, and your head will swim.
But trying to scale kilocalories is not something I am prepared to do.
Gigantamax Copperajah has
Gigantamax Copperajah
SwordSo much power is packed within its trunk that if it were to unleash that power, the resulting blast could level mountains and change the landscape.
ShieldAfter this Pokémon has Gigantamaxed, its massive nose can utterly demolish large structures with a single smashing blow.
Unfortunately, unlike Tyranitar, they don't describe what mountain, and "change the landscape" is kinda vague
Gigantamax Corviknight has
Gigantamax Corviknight
SwordImbued with Gigantamax energy, its wings can whip up winds more forceful than any a hurricane could muster. The gusts blow everything away.
but Hurricanes are only 8-A
Gigantamax Garbodor, Drednaw, Orbeetle, Cinderace, Inteleon
Gigantamax Rillaboom has
ShieldRillaboom has become one with its forest of drums and continues to lay down beats that shake all of Galar.
but uh I have no idea but that's probably not strong enough

Best I can find is Gigantamax Coalossal, which wouldn't even get past 7-A and probably isn't even valid, but I'm not an expert in calcs so uhh.

Also I don’t think we need to continue to send in feats. We have the scaling for first, second, final stage, and Mega/Gigantamax Pokemon

talking about fossils, why is aerodactyl third evo level when it is noted that it constantly fights first level mon cranidos?

I don't fully recall which one we actually use for non-evolving Pokémon, hence why I said either or for them.

Though I think we give them 2nd form stats?

It's context dependent. For instance, Pokemon like Dunsparce and Girafarig would be second stage since they were previously fully evolved Pokemon that got new evos
And Pokémon like Pinsir and Heracross are directly stated to rival fully evolved Pokemon.

Actually I forgot if this already had a conclusion or not, but what about legendaries from the Max Lair? Cause Mewtwo apparently has a Pokedex entry in SwSh that talks about it having overwhelming power. So I'm wondering if Mewtwo should only scale to the Pokémon who have dex entries in SwSh or if they're allowed to scale to the Max Lair Pokémon since that's basically the only way to get him.

Actually I forgot if this already had a conclusion or not, but what about legendaries from the Max Lair? Cause Mewtwo apparently has a Pokedex entry in SwSh that talks about it having overwhelming power. So I'm wondering if Mewtwo should only scale to the Pokémon who have dex entries in SwSh or if they're allowed to scale to the Max Lair Pokémon since that's basically the only way to get him.
I mean, that is true regardless of him scaling to the other ones that have entries in that or not

So I'm guessing we're using Max Lair for scaling?

(Sorry if this all confusing or obvious, this thread is 18 pages long and I've been losing track on a lot of things on it due to that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back