• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of questions...
So, are the Ultra Beasts still going to be 3-C?
Would Anime Mewtwo scale to World Champion Ash? (Since last time Mewtwo fought ash, it was WAY before he became champion)
Is Mega Rayquaza still 3-C?
And what about 50% and Complete Zygard? (50% fought Mega Mewtwo X, while Complete Zygard fought Ultra Necrozma in the Manga Respectively. I'm not sure what Zygard does in the anime and games.)
I'm unsure.
From what I've seen so far, I think so.
Outside of the manga? No. (Also personally, I don't think Mega Rayquaza should have that Necrozma scaling, but that's just me.)
Zygarde likely is going to stay the same in the manga.

So, are the Ultra Beasts still going to be 3-C?
I think so, in the games and manga at least
Would Anime Mewtwo scale to World Champion Ash? (Since last time Mewtwo fought ash, it was WAY before he became champion)
Same tier but different scaling chain

Mewtwo (strongest Pokémon statement go brr) > Eternatus ~ Leon’s Base Charizard
Is Mega Rayquaza still 3-C?
No
And what about 50% and Complete Zygard? (50% fought Mega Mewtwo X, while Complete Zygard fought Ultra Necrozma in the Manga Respectively. I'm not sure what Zygard does in the anime and games.)
Only in the manga

Game Zygarde should be High 6-A. Anime Zygarde should be Low 5-B to 5-B depending on the percentage

The issue is where to put the cap on the strongest/ultimate sort of statements considering Legendaries include Event Pokemon from those like Groudon/Kyogre, to Avatar Arceus. Would it be safer to just put At least [Safe Assumption], possibly [High-End Assumption] for the tier ?

Trainers becoming strong enough to contend with legends is one thing but wild Pokémon… not so much. You really gonna tell me these wild birds are stronger than the Creation Trio?
It is not "becoming stronger" it is just the birds who live in sinoh are stronger since they have higher feats

Can you link the feats/calcs that the birds have?
Well, moltres scorging the sky, i would need to go over the earlier pages to show it to you

So? They have feats do they not? So they scale, they are legendaries still, they face the protag after they dealt with the creation trio, no reaso for them not to scale, they are really clear cut
It's an outlier compared to literally all their other showings, also I don't think there's been any support to making separate keys for each region

the sinoh birds only have this showing, it is their only feat

well i am just suggesting
But it being "their only showing" relies on the acceptance of this splitting into multiple keys. Can't speak for others, but I don't agree with it. These are species profiles so it really doesn't make sense

But it being "their only showing" relies on the acceptance of this splitting into multiple keys. Can't speak for others, but I don't agree with it. These are species profiles so it really doesn't make sense
some individuals of the species can be stronger then others, we already do that with some species like bewear and pikachu's

some individuals of the species can be stronger then others, we already do that with some species like bewear and pikachu's
Those are special cases like the Bewear taking care of Team Rocket and Ash's Pikachu, we don't just make special cases for any Pokemon that doesn't follow the standard. Outliers exist

And unlike the examples you gave, these birds in Sinnoh aren't intended to be extremely powerful compared to how they are normally.

Those are special cases like the Bewear taking care of Team Rocket and Ash's Pikachu, we don't just make special cases for any Pokemon that doesn't follow the standard. Outliers exist
that is an even simpler solution then, just ignore the sinoh birds since they are not worthy of having anything really, problem solved, mewtwo is the exact same and doesn't have contradictions, so he can safely scale to gen 6

that is an even simpler solution then, just ignore the sinoh birds since they are not worthy of having anything really, problem solved, mewtwo is the exact same and doesn't have contradictions, so he can safely scale to gen 6
Or we can just scale Mewtwo to his own statement of being the strongest in HG/SS.

Or we can just scale Mewtwo to his own statement of being the strongest in HG/SS.
i mean, that would be true regardless with what i proposed wouldn't it?

edit: nevermind, see the weather trio scaling, yeah what i proposed is irrelevant now sorry, that would upgrade gen 6 post game protags tho, but i don't think that they have a profile yet so, meh

I filled out Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Regigigas, Xerneas and Yveltal’s justifications, y’all feel free to fill out other justifications that are agreed upon.
Zygarde's percentages should scale linearly and 50% Zygarde is comparable to Xerneas and Yveltal, so 10% is 1/5 as strong and 100% is 2x stronger

And what would be the justification for that? Is it just that he’s part of the Tao Trio with them, or is there something else?
The Tao Trio is Gen 5 but I digress

It's mainly it being a part of the trio, back when only its 50% form existed. The members of these trios are always depicted as at least relative to one another, so it'd take more assumptions to claim it's significantly weaker than Xerneas and Yveltal. Supporting this is also the fact that promotional material for 100% Zygarde states it surpasses Xerneas and Yveltal
bulbapedia is a fan site, if we were to put that in the profiles we need to find the source in the games, or game conected media, and then use it
Iirc it's accepted on this wiki too, imo it just makes sense for Lugia to be the trio master of the birds

Zygarde's percentages should scale linearly and 50% Zygarde is comparable to Xerneas and Yveltal, so 10% is 1/5 as strong and 100% is 2x stronger
I'm only fine with upscaling

99% of the time small percentage increases in fiction result in massive physical differences in power

So I'd rather just scale 10% Zygarde to whatever we scale the weakest legendries too or if he has a feat in that form scale it to that

2x increase for his 100% form seems good though

However that's just my opinion

The Tao Trio is Gen 5 but I digress
This is Bulbapedia’s fault, they listed the trio name under the trio instead of above it smh
it is accepted, but based on what? with the cannon split the movie can't be used to justify it, we need some evidence if we are going to use that as a justification
It’s really not a huge deal, Lugia scales from its own feat.

I'm only fine with upscaling

99% of the time small percentage increases in fiction result in massive physical differences in power

So I'd rather just scale 10% Zygarde to whatever we scale the weakest legendries too or if he has a feat in that form scale it to that

2x increase for his 100% form seems good though

However that's just my opinion
In my opinion, this is pretty unsupported. What other series do is pretty irrelevant, especially in this case where it only has its 10%, 50%, and 100% forms, which are noticeable differences in power

it is accepted, but based on what? with the cannon split the movie can't be used to justify it, we need some evidence if we are going to use that as a justification
You misunderstand. The canon split only disallows cross-scaling, but general information like this is fair game

Also Lugia has a calc that would place it way above the birds anyway, so it's not as if this affects anything

In my opinion, this is pretty unsupported. What other series do is pretty irrelevant, especially in this case where it only has its 10%, 50%, and 100% forms, which are noticeable differences in power
I get that but trends in fiction are trends for a reason

It's because a large amount of fictional verses do the same so it's worth asking the question "Does 10% Zygarde actually have any statements/lore/etc backing up him being stronger than a large majority of other legendaries?"

If there's no anti-feats then it's fine, but what I'm asking is if there is any

There doesn't seem to be any. The only thing you could remotely try to argue is 10% Zygarde's base stats but we've already established that base stats are never to be used for scaling.

Hell, even in the anime where it's most prevalent, it's consistently been fodderizing fully evolved Pokemon casually. Its 50% form is only matched by Alain's Charizard, with Alain being Elite Four to Champion tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back