• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to begin with, trying to bring in other verses is generally frowned upon...

Idk anything about Emanations of Darkseid, but GT and Super are treated differently because GT follows the Toei canon, which has completely different statements that Super lacks
ehh, i'm going to stop talking since i heard that another thread is going to be made talking about the avatars specifically, or we can just talk about it on sniper's downgrade also deoxys form changes are a key differentiating factor between games and other media right?

well i won't imput here anymore since i got too limited knownledge regarding the anime and shit, but hey, if ash's pokemon downscales to CT, meowth does as well, and he even got a statement from himself to confirm it, 2-A meowth let's ******* gooooooo

well i won't imput here anymore since i got too limited knownledge regarding the anime and shit, but hey, if ash's pokemon downscales to CT, meowth does as well, and he even got a statement from himself to confirm it, 2-A meowth let's ******* gooooooo
You've obtained my interest. Can I see the statement?

You've obtained my interest. Can I see the statement?
Sorry, it nothing really worth mentioning, basically meowth was in love and stuff and boasted that he could beat up palkia and dialga, with their images behind with fire, pretty sure this was when he beat up those 5 pokemon with ease.

I can't find the clip for it anywhere, but i'm pretty sure the episode is "for the love of meowth", season 13 episode 21

Tbh if we are going crazy with the scaling and character statements, this might genuinely be worth putting lol, especially if the movies where the CT fought happened before hand cuz meowth saw them in action, dangerously close even

Sorry, it nothing really worth mentioning, basically meowth was in love and stuff and boasted that he could beat up palkia and dialga, with their images behind with fire, pretty sure this was when he beat up those 5 pokemon with ease.

I can't find the clip for it anywhere, but i'm pretty sure the episode is "for the love of meowth", season 13 episode 21

Tbh if we are going crazy with the scaling and character statements, this might genuinely be worth putting lol, especially if the movies where the CT fought happened before hand cuz meowth saw them in action, dangerously close even
Well knowing Meowth, that's probably just an empty boast. But considering the other stuff in Pokemon, why the hell not?

Uh where exactly does Diamond and Pearl Ash scale ? I don't remember him being that crazy ?

Funny enough they imply that after Molly is unable to use the Unown, Entei implied Molly had similar powers to them by herself, which is proven as she literally overrided the combined Unowns' power using Entei and he explicitly stated it was because of her he was able to do it. He also describes her then exactly as Brock did when he described Molly's Subjective Reality with the Unown. So yeah:
Molly herself >= All Unown
So Molly w/ the Unown... Yeah I don't even want to think about it.

Not necessarily.

Entei explains that because it was born from dreams, he can do anything as long as she believes it can

It doesn't seem like something that is restricted to Molly but how the subjective reality works in general

Okay. But it's the power of her dreams, versus the combined power of the beings who gave Entei that power in the first place. It would still be their feat because they are essentially overpowering the source of that power.

Well....

They couldn't control their powers at the time, and the imagination they feed on to use powers wasn't there

Yeah no that’s obviously a hyperbole

That said, love-amped Meowth would scale to DP Ash
yeah tbh i was half joking there

as i said, i'm not very knownledgeable on the anime, but i'm pretty sure meowth downscales to any ash without amps, at least due to scaling to his and his team's durability

Thanks for reminding me. So uh, question, how do we treat I Chose You Ash considering his scaling primarily is about scaling him to the Birds which won't really work considering they are different continuities ?
Yeah, the Ash from I Choose You, Power of Us, etc. is a separate Ash so his scaling will be different

Pikachu has a storm dispersing feat in I Choose You at least

Btw beating on a dead horse but wouldn't arceus using all his plates in the anime and only using being able to use 1 plate at the time in the games (also the legend plate is a game only thing) be something that differentiates between avatars of the CT

well no, that is only game mechanics since pokemon can only hold 1 item, as for the legend plate, it can still appear in the anime, arceus just didn't really have a reason to use it nor give it to anyone yet, they are reffered to in-game as being pieces of him so it wouldn't make sense for him to only be able to use 1 at the time, at least in terms of "switching" between them like in the anime

well no, that is only game mechanics since pokemon can only hold 1 item, as for the legend plate, it can still appear in the anime, arceus just didn't really have a reason to use it nor give it to anyone yet, they are reffered to in-game as being pieces of him so it wouldn't make sense for him to only be able to use 1 at the time, at least in terms of "switching" between them like in the anime
Don’t we consider Deoxys forms like that as well with it being a reason as to why we should separate the profiles I see no difference

cuz all legendaries below CT and LT are affected by the cross scaling split, so deoxys should simple be divided in profile, since in the anime, at least from what the gif implies, it can change it's forms, if the games explicitly have it unable to, and is never shown to, he doesn't have the leverage of another medium implying the possibility, while arceus has the anime for it

cuz all legendaries below CT and LT are affected by the cross scaling split, so deoxys should simple be divided in profile, since in the anime, at least from what the gif implies, it can change it's forms, if the games explicitly have it unable to, and is never shown to, he doesn't have the leverage of another medium implying the possibility, while arceus has the anime for it
I still don't understand, deoxys has been shown to switch forms during combat in the anime and manga but not in the games meaning (if what i'm assuming your saying is correct) then why does arceus's avatar of being unable to have more than 1 plate at a time can't be a thing mainly just for the games hence why I think we should split the avatars into different medians and keep true forms how we scale them

The Legend Plate allows Arceus to use everything at once so idk
I thought it had all the types but doesn't allow arceus to be more than one type at a time also its a singular seperate item the player needs which technically hasn't appeared in the anime otherwise arceus doesn't need all those plates

I still don't understand, deoxys has been shown to switch forms during combat in the anime and manga but not in the games meaning (if what i'm assuming your saying is correct) then why does arceus's avatar of being unable to have more than 1 plate at a time can't be a thing mainly just for the games hence why I think we should split the avatars into different medians and keep true forms how we scale them
because it makes no sense for that avatar in specific to have such a weakeness when it comes from the same entity, when said weakeness is not even confirmed, is just never shown, especially since arceus never fought seriouslyin the games IIRC, not sure if deoxys' weakeness is confirmed though or if we assume it due to gameplay though

also, didn't arceus change his type during the final fight in legends arceus? like, during the session of dodging his attacks and throwing the light thingy, i think he does change his types, prior to giving you the legend plate which IIRC he creates there instead of having it beforehand

also, didn't arceus change his type during the final fight in legends arceus? like, during the session of dodging his attacks and throwing the light thingy, i think he does change his types, prior to giving you the legend plate which IIRC he creates there instead of having it beforehand
Yes, he does when you battle him with your Pokémon.

because it makes no sense for that avatar in specific to have such a weakeness when it comes from the same entity, when said weakeness is not even confirmed, is just never shown, especially since arceus never fought seriously in the games IIRC, not sure if deoxys' weakeness is confirmed though or if we assume it due to gameplay though
Yes, he creates the avatars for us catch/battle, I'm saying that is evidence of avatars differentiating between continuities, it doesn't make sense for the manga and games to have pp and the anime to not but here we are
He can change the types, I'm saying he can't use more than 1 at a time

It's game mechanics. All worlds are in the same cosmology

Case closed.

Best we could do is y'know, a Varies tier?

It's game mechanics. All worlds are in the same cosmology

Case closed.

Best we could do is y'know, a Varies tier?
same cosmology doesn't mean anything, we don't scale different universes versions of characters to each other without a good reason, this is the whole point of this thread remember?

Yes, he creates the avatars for us catch/battle, I'm saying that is evidence of avatars differentiating between continuities, it doesn't make sense for the manga and games to have pp and the anime to not but here we are

He can change the types, I'm saying he can't use more than 1 at a time
you are kinda of comparing a more arbitrary gameplay mechanic with the anime being more realistic, i mean, i wouldn't even say that the anime doesn't have it as much as it just portrays it as stamina, cuz pokemon don't usually throw strong attacks 20 times without tiring out

i don't think we have that here, in fact, i don't think even the anime has that, i wasn't aware that you mean't "use more than 1 plate at once" cuz no, i don't believe in that, i mean that he HAS more than one plate with him, him actually using them does require him to use 1 at a time, is just that, unlike in the normal gameplay, he can change them at will since they are parts of him, instead of needing the trainer to equip it and stuff, plus this probably stops mattering with the legend plate since it is pretty much all plates at once

you are kinda of comparing a more arbitrary gameplay mechanic with the anime being more realistic, i mean, i wouldn't even say that the anime doesn't have it as much as it just portrays it as stamina, cuz pokemon don't usually throw strong attacks 20 times without tiring out

• Anime
    1. Pokemon have better intelligence ratings since all Pokemon understand human speech while their game counterparts don't.
    2. In the anime, type immunities can be circumvented (i.e. using steel wing to divert electric attacks into the ground) or do not exist (flying types are affected by spikes, pikachu can hit ground types) etc.
    3. Anime Pokemon typically have expanded movesets.
    4. Pokemon moves in the anime tend to work differently. For example, Hypnosis (in game) would only be sleep manipulation, but in the anime it is capable of outright mind control, too.
    5. PP does not exist.
    6. Legendary Pokemon in particular tend to have different P&A and scaling outright. The chief amongst them is Deoxys, who cannot switch between forms mid-battle in the games (and lacks maybe 5-7 movie powers) but can in other mediums.
  • Manga:
    1. Point 1, 3 4 & 6 all apply to the manga as well. In particular, wacky legendary scaling comes almost exclusively from the manga.
    2. PP does exist.
    3. Some Wild Pokemon display abilities that are not really present in either the games or anime.
Literally PP is one of the reasons as to why we are differentiating the canons, it doesn't matter if it's just portrayed as stamina when its going against a lot of the reasons from the first thread either from differentiating abilities (arceus plates mechanincs being an example of this with avatars)

i don't think we have that here, in fact, i don't think even the anime has that, i wasn't aware that you mean't "use more than 1 plate at once" cuz no, i don't believe in that, i mean that he HAS more than one plate with him, him actually using them does require him to use 1 at a time, is just that, unlike in the normal gameplay, he can change them at will since they are parts of him, instead of needing the trainer to equip it and stuff, plus this probably stops mattering with the legend plate since it is pretty much all plates at once
The legend plate doesn't allow him to do that, it changes his type automatically when he uses judgement to combat the other pokemon, my point is that the mechanics of the avatars are different per universe and they shouldn't be the same as it is literally why the whole crt exists in the first place because the pokemon differentiate between universes and should not change, i do concede slightly on only using more that 1 plate in the anime but again there are differences for how he equips plates which again are a different mechanic, the legend plate being a separate item that does it automatically via a specific move while the other plates are more manual in the games while the anime just has him transform when attacked

Let me put it this way

The Original Spirit is the game dev, avatars are his, y'know, avatars

During a gameplay session, the game dev can decide to make his player weak, or powerful, or grant and remove various powers. So erh.... what makes more sense:

1. One avatar, with all abilities but with a Varies tier, for the simple fact that he can indeed bestow and remove various skills to them if he wants, while at the same time accounting for its ability to shift tiers on a fly. So even if 200 changes were made, it's flexible enough to account for all of it.

2. If he made 200 tier changes and ability changes, there will be a seperate key for each time he added an ability and for each time he changed a tier.

Note
Basically you're suggesting for every different appearance of Arceus in the games, manga and anime, a new key will be made when they're literally just blank slates for the Original Spirit, who is all existences and beyond, to easily add/remove skills or change tiers

Let me put it this way

The Original Spirit is the game dev, avatars are his, y'know, avatars

During a gameplay session, the game dev can decide to make his player weak, or powerful, or grant and remove various powers. So erh.... what makes more sense:

1. One avatar, with all abilities but with a Varies tier, for the simple fact that he can indeed bestow and remove various skills to them if he wants, while at the same time accounting for its ability to shift tiers on a fly. So even if 200 changes were made, it's flexible enough to account for all of it.

2. If he made 200 tier changes and ability changes, there will be a seperate key for each time he added an ability and for each time he changed a tier.

Note
Basically you're suggesting for every different appearance of Arceus in the games, manga and anime, a new key will be made when they're literally just blank slates for the Original Spirit, who is all existences and beyond, to easily add/remove skills or change tiers
I was thinking that we just have 4 profiles per page saying manga, anime and games then we have the true form, your way is still kinda compositing but ehh, as long as the anime version of the ct are just uni+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back