• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ikki vs Garou back in the day would've been a godly match up.

Prime Earl deadass might've soloed all of these OMP goons at once ngl.

I can't think of any way he could be. Ikki's skill is like... really dumb. Fighting exact clones of yourself that are stronger and winning?

We barely got the discussion back on a solid point-to-point state. If you have anything to input, please do so, otherwise don't waste time messing with this thread. You can go to Fun and Games or elsewhere.

Yeah, there's something to be said that this thread's end results don't mean much, but don't ruin everyone else's fun because you personally see it as a lost cause.

If your going to keep deleting my comments don't bother responding to them in the first place, Hop.

I didn't say I unfollowed anything, that was somebody else. I'm simply watching at this point and the discussion seems to be going nowhere in the first place and has devolved into either memes or derailment, which is why I said that.

Tbh this thread should be postponed or remade until after Garou vs Saitama is over. Right now it's like a spacebattles or comicvine thread where it's made when a character had a lesser form and will just continue to get bumped with every upgrade the character gets.

Didn't someone already count the votes and conclude Goku had more? Lol.

I also haven't seen a single argument for Garou that didn't involve his hax, which were restricted in this fight.

Yeah, also before the thread gets locked can someone make a short summary of both the character's advantages over each other.
Yes, please.

Hop isn't that familiar with current Manga Garou and the earlier pages of that, so Hop will close if someone can help summarize.

Garou: Better at h2h combat due to dura neg, redirection, reflection, and more. Intinctive Reatction and Analytical Predictions to avoid any of Goku's counter attacks. Copying any of Goku's skills from Martial Arts to Shockwaves, then evolving it and making it better than Goku's version.

Goku: Ultra Instinct

Didn't someone already count the votes and conclude Goku had more? Lol.

I also haven't seen a single argument for Garou that didn't involve his hax, which were restricted in this fight.
Someone counting is fine but it has to meet the rules to be an obvious victory. Think its gotta be 4-7 or greater
Garou: Better at h2h combat due to dura neg, redirection, reflection, and more. Intinctive Reatction and Analytical Predictions to avoid any of Goku's counter attacks. Copying any of Goku's skills from Martial Arts to Shockwaves, then evolving it and making it better than Goku's version.

Goku: Ultra Instinct
Can you add the ability hop lined in page 11, where Goku can effect his organs prior to a hit making contact with his body? It's not a great as UI, but when he's not using it, it's still an ability

Can you add the ability hop lined in page 11, where Goku can effect his organs prior to a hit making contact with his body? It's not a great as UI, but when he's not using it, it's still an ability
Moving his organs won't do anything, as Garou's durability negation envelops the entire body upon contact, and even a graze with it is enough to kill someone.

Yeah, also before the thread gets locked can someone make a short summary of both the character's advantages over each other.
Goku: Better analytical prediction and senses,which works on beings that are faster, with thier own prediction and having time skip/stop. Having the ability to instantly create Counter styles on the fly. Better Instinctive reaction. The ability to null pressure points via moving his vitals. After image technique which works on faster opponents that already have busted Senses and potentially analytical prediction. And decent AoE attacks and long ranged attacks. And massive experience. And UI.
Garou: Arguably better or equal Ability copying, Worse analytical prediction. Dura neg [which have A good range i think?]. Good senses but not better than goku's. Worse Instinctive reactions.

Moving his organs won't do anything, as Garou's durability negation envelops the entire body upon contact, and even a grave with it is enough to kill someone.
Okay, that's a good point.

Wait, what's the point of even counting votes? This can't be added to the pages.
We shouldn't really count the votes because the characters are in several different tiers and it seems we're mixing current versions (up to date in canon) and that would require us to imagine a situation for a thread we don't allow on the wiki, do votes can be done, but the outcome won't be added to anything, correct. At most it helped us outline each character and abilities but by no means does that make it a proper CRT for either.

The match up technically should be in Fun & Games at that point. Any other mod in this thread agree with that, or did something change that Hop isn't aware of?

Goku: Better analytical prediction and senses,which works on beings that are faster, with thier own prediction and having time skip/stop. Having the ability to instantly create Counter styles on the fly. Better Instinctive reaction. The ability to null pressure points via moving his vitals. After image technique which works on faster opponents that already have busted Senses and potentially analytical prediction. And decent AoE attacks and long ranged attacks. And massive experience. And UI.
Garou: Arguably better or equal Ability copying, Worse analytical prediction. Dura neg [which have A good range i think?]. Good senses but not better than goku's. Worse Instinctive reactions.
Bullshit

We shouldn't really count the votes because the characters are in several different tiers and it seems we're mixing current versions (up to date in canon) and that would require us to imagine a situation for a thread we don't allow on the wiki, do votes can be done, but the outcome won't be added to anything, correct. At most it helped us outline each character and abilities but by no means does that make it a proper CRT for either.

The match up technically should be in Fun & Games at that point. Any other mod in this thread agree with that, or did something change that Hop isn't aware of?
I'm 99% sure this thread was originally in Fun & Games but got moved for some unknown reason.

Just match ban OPM VS DBZ/S/GT etc problem solved kek!

Honestly as entertaining as it is was to watch this battle from the sidelines, I agree that having Vs thread where one or more characters are still developing within an arc is a recipe for chaos. Either way I highly doubt there will be a satisfactory conclusion to this debate for the foreseeable future.

Since we got summary for both characters this can be locked since if the above summaries are wrong or right can be argued properly after the thread reopens.

I don't see how garou's dura neg is going to work on goku who endured an insta kill poison toxin, who can also lessen damage, and who's body's strong enough to resist er. Bang also survived garou's dura neg and hasn't shown any of the resistances goku's shown. Garou's also not going to be able to copy goku's ui. And even though ki's restricted and techniques can't be used garou wouldn't be able to copy that from goku either. Garou also hasn't fought anyone like ui goku. Whereas goku fought angel moro someone who had ui and beat him.

I don't see how garou's dura neg is going to work on goku who endured an insta kill poison toxin, who can also lessen damage, and who's body's strong enough to resist er. Bang also survived garou's dura neg and hasn't shown any of the resistances goku's shown. Garou's also not going to be able to copy goku's ui. And even though ki's restricted and techniques can't be used garou wouldn't be able to copy that from goku either. Garou also hasn't fought anyone like ui goku. Whereas goku fought angel moro someone who had ui and beat him.
Again, none of these resistances apply at all to the ability that Garou's durability negation is. That is not how it works and it is never how it will work, so stop arguing it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back