• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ssg Goku should have a likely low 2-C rating.

Reasons

1. The second Broly's eyes turn Green he's able to tank a punch from ssg Vegeta, who was likely suppressed. Vegeta is only able to outmaneuver Broly and not really damage him.

2. Before Vegeta starts taking things serious, Broly powers up fully to Ikari mode and fights Goku, who's able to do nothing in base form and outmaneuver Broly in his ssj form, like Vegeta. However Goku is able to barely catch a punch from Ikari Broly.

3. Goku then realizes that he has to go ssg and when does, he starts playing with Broly and paralyzes him.

4. Broly powers up again, this time growing bigger and he punches Goku but he tanks it then throws Broly to the ground. Broly then powers up again then stomps Goku.

This is enough evidence for at least 3-A likely low 2-C ssg Goku

Not to derail but if this is argued correctly then we may have Vegeta and Frieza at at least 3-A likely Low 2-C in their base forms. (Albeit Vegeta was depicted as performing worse against Broly in SSG than Goku in SS so...).

Following to watch the ensuing shitstorm.

Vegeta was sparring with Goku in their base forms at the start of the film and we see them sparring in Blue at the end of Super. That would be the argument for base Vegeta scaling to at least 3-A or Low 2-C if Goku can be argued to be Low 2-C in base.

I'm not sure how this makes base Goku Low 2-C, both 17 and Golden Frieza were 3-A in the Tournament of Power, and they're also weakened, ssg Vegeta is 3-A.

Golden Frieza and 17 were being overpowered by Jiren, though weakened it's possible he was low 2-C at the time. Goku even makes the barrier stronger by himself. Base Goku fight on par with a Broly that >>> SSG Vegeta.

Yeah Wrathful Broly powered up vs SSG Goku and the letter was still staying in there and getting hits (at first Brolys punches only caused discomfort while SSG Vegeta knew that the Broly before that power up was gonna be extremely hard)

Though I do want to say that Base Goku vs Wrathul Broly...wasn't really that good. Base Goku was getting knocked around (though didn't even looked like he was taking serious damage) but hey though SSJ was doing a bit better then SSG Vegeta

EDIT: SSG Vegeta was blocking most of the time but wasn't really taking serious damage while the same thing is said for Base Goku but he also didn't look like he was taking damage

Being stronger than 3-A characters is just 3-A, and base Goku scaling from 17 and Golden Frieza was rejected in other thread.

The thing that debunks the base Goku vs Jiren argument is Frieza fighting on the same level as Goku against Jiren. The two of them were arguably equally damaged yet were performing at the same level against an enraged but heavily damaged Jiren.

It's interesting that SS Goku performed better than SSG Vegeta against Broly but that would still be 3-A. Albeit Goku Blue is Low 2-C and it's generally agreed upon that Blue would be 40-50x SSG so you would THINK SSG Goku and Vegeta should be treated as Low 2-C which, if we scale Vegeta to Low 2-C in Blue for fighting SS Broly, then base Goku should be Low 2-C for being stronger than SSG Vegeta in just Super Saiyan.

Goku Blue = Low 2-C

Godku = Low 2-C

Vegeta Blue = Low 2-C (scales for fighting SS Broly)

SS Goku > SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta scales to Low 2-C for Vegeta Blue being Low 2-C

Therefore Base Goku is Low 2-C.

But the thing that would debunk this is the claim made in the Frieza Low 2-C thread that there is no infinite distinction between 3-A and Low 2-C within the Dragon World.

It was rejected because it was possibly an outlier or PIS. The Broly movie and Toriyama's word just gives more evidence for at least 3-A possibly low 2-C.

Don't forget that Final Form Frieza/ Golden Frieza was getting his butt cheeks clapped against LSSJ Broly for an hour and was STILL alive

Going by the movie and Toriyamas word, that would mean that yes I'm the last episode of the ToP arc, everything that happened could actually be legit

It was also an outlier for Frieza. Just because you're working together with someone doesn't mean you're on the same level as them.

Episode 123. Base Goku taked an attack from Jiren and Goku claimed:
"I've never been hit by such strong attack before". That means that from Goku's perspective, Jiren's last attack was stronger than others attacks from Jiren from the same episode.
SSB Goku (post second UI sign) taked many attacks from Jiren before. SSB Goku (post second UI sign) is low 2c tho

That whole Vegeta i catching up is maybe referring to him tryin to get MUI level

Maybe MUI has been retcon or Beerus has been retcon

That's only "filler" to have a 20 minutes episode lol.

Goku doesn't have any powerup in base mode in the tournament. His powerups are the new forms (incomplete UI, incomplete UI 2.0 and complete UI or the way you call it).

Magi Hussie said:
@Antvasima

I don't think that is a very good idea and we shouldn't really resort to that anytime soon.
I definitely agree with you, merging them isn't a good idea.

Okay. Well, I obviously wouldn't do so without an accepted staff discussion.

It is just that treating time as a geometric dimensions is technically quite questionable.

You know now that I think about it Ant-Sama May have a point. I don't really know of a fiction from the top of my head that makes a difference between 3-A and low 2-C. I'll have to find out more.

I would call this fight an outlier, seriously. Goku was fighting Vegeta at the start at equal terms in Base form (and in the end of DBS both were fighting in SSJB). But now Base or SSJ Goku is somehow above SSJG Vegeta? doesn't really seem right to me, and Goku/Vegeta are almost always portrayed to be equal/close power-wise in DBS (barring UI or Vegeta's Rosat training at the Black-arc)

Omegas03 said:
I would call this fight an outlier, seriously. Goku was fighting Vegeta at the start at equal terms in Base form (and in the end of DBS both were fighting in SSJB). But now Base or SSJ Goku is somehow above SSJG Vegeta? doesn't really seem right to me, and Goku/Vegeta are almost always portrayed to be equal/close power-wise in DBS (barring UI or Vegeta's Rosat training at the Black-arc)
Goku also fought Krillin in Super Saiyan Blue.

There is such a thing as holding back, you know.

^That's way different, Goku would obviously hold back against Krillin who's a mere High 4-C character.

Goku and Vegeta in DBS have been always portrayed to be comparable barring UI. plus SSJB Vegeta was able to keep up with SSJB Goku when both were fighting SSJ Broly, both seemed to be equal at that moment. SSJ Goku being above SSJG Vegeta would make no sense in that case and can be easily be considered an outlier imo. if you also think Goku was holding back against Vegeta at the end of DBS, Vegeta would have no reason to be Low 2-C lol barring SSJBE.

It's not much different, it's a friendly spar.

I also don't see why them "always being comparable" in the past effects the present. We are looking at their current feats, not their previous ones.

And what? How were they shown to be equal? Because they both got stomped into the ground? That doesn't show them being equal, that shows Broly's superiority.

And wouldn't Vegeta still be Low 2-C as a Super Saiyan Blue if Goku is Low 2-C in base form?

U guys r reading her way too much into it....Base Goku was getting slapped around from Broly and even his SSJ form was a tiny bit doing well. Even though Goku was getting hit, it looked like he wasn't even taking that much damage, just discomfort

Same thing is for Vegeta. In SSG he was blocking the time and hitting Broly but it wasn't doing any damage but even Vegeta wasnt taking damage from those attacks.

Someone said that Toriyama spoke in an interview that Vegeta is "desperately" trying to catch up to Goku

Every time Goku or Vegeta transformed, they temporarily were decisively beating up Broly, but Broly just adapted to their strength seconds later, making them pull out another transformation and then eventually fusion.

Wasn't Vegeta low 2-C when he first fought Jiren? He did better than a blue Goku that was low 2-C himself.

The only thing I can say is that SSG Goku was doing better then SSG Vegeta since the Broly Goku was fighting was the same one Vegeta knew it was gonna be a really tough battle but yeah again Vegeta was just blocking the entire time and wasn't taking damage

I agree. You cannot deny the possibility that Goku was holding back against Vegeta. He does that in-canon a lot to enjoy the fight from his adversaries/rivals/opponents.

Literally the very statements saying that Vegeta is desperately trying to keep up with Goku. It wouldn't say that if Goku wasn't a lot higher than him currently , and add to the fact that Goku was stated to be near UIO 3rd [if not Complete Ultra Instinct due to what he says in the Broly Movie about reaching his peak of his strength when he knew about Complete Ultra Instinct which would imply he's closing in on it as well] when Vegeta has nothing proving that he has made such gains other than being > UIO 1st + potentially UIO 2nd in SSBE .

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
I agree. You cannot deny the possibility that Goku was holding back against Vegeta. He does that in-canon a lot to enjoy the fight from his adversaries/rivals/opponents.

Literally the very statements saying that Vegeta is desperately trying to keep up with Goku. It wouldn't say that if Goku wasn't a lot higher than him currently , and add to the fact that Goku was stated to be near UIO 3rd [if not Complete Ultra Instinct due to what he says in the Broly Movie about reaching his peak of his strength when he knew about Complete Ultra Instinct which would imply he's closing in on it as well] when Vegeta has nothing proving that he has made such gains other than being > UIO 1st + potentially UIO 2nd in SSBE .
Exactly, IMO calling it an outlier is just ignoring evidence.

Base Goku being not only Low 2-C but being above God Vegeta absolutely IS an outlier, though. Nothing in the movie suggested Goku was vastly above Vegeta to the point Vegeta could have gone SSG in their sparring match and Goku would still beat him without transforming. Vegeta catching up to Goku was never stated in the movie and is obviously referring to Ultra Instinct. The same statement claimed Goku was near or at the level of the GoDs and nothing suggests current SSB Goku is at that level if freaking Full Power SSJ Broly is maybe above Beerus.

You can't say "its not an outlier!" but then go around and say Base Freeza fighting Jiren as well as Base Goku is an outlier, especially after Freeza's Low 2-C upgrade. The only feats other feats Base Goku has in the movie is being stomped by wrathful Broly and requiring SSG to fight well against him, the same form Vegeta needed to block Broly's hits and come up relatively undamaged.

Goku and Vegeta have had two fights since the ToP, both of which they were shown as even in equal forms. The first battle has them in Super Saiyan Blue with no indication Goku was holding back to 0.1% of his strength or whatever to not curbstomp Vegeta. Both SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta do equally "well" against SSJ Broly as well. And you would think Vegeta would mention or be angry Goku was suddenly hundreds of times stronger than him. Lastly, if Base Goku was that strong he wouldn't be that impressed by initial Base Broly's strength.

I said it was an outlier for Frieza because he went from going slightly toe to toe with Jiren in Golden to trading blows with him in base. Goku got a Zenkai after UI.

Please don't bring the Jiren stuff up. It was discussed and rejected and it has no bearing on the Broly movie.

As for the movie itself, it's PIS for the fight to look cool. Not to mention the possibility that SSG Vegeta wasn't at his full when he was interrupted by Goku. Same Broly stomped base, SSJ and even SSG Goku. If we take small things like these so seriously then you'll end up with SSG Goku level SSJ Vegeta because of the fight with Anilaza (Goku was SSG and Vegeta was SSJ and both were performing equally).

"Nothing in the movie suggested Goku was vastly above Vegeta..."

Are you serious? The fight against Broly was what suggested this.

He did as well, if not better than God Vegeta in his base form against a Wrathful Broly. As Ikari Broly tanked God Vegeta's punches without flinching, but still has some back-and-forth between base Goku until Broly adapted and surpassed him at that level.

And saying that the quote was talking about Ultra Instinct is pure headcanon, especially Goku hasn't shown and has stated that he isn't capable of using Ultra Instinct.

Not to mention, Ultra Instinct isn't anywhere in this movie.

Again, Blue Goku also had a beam struggle with ******* Krillin, the only indication of Goku holding back in that fight being that Goku's opponent was Krillin.

Who's to say that Goku wasn't holding back in those spars?

And by doing "evenly well" against Broly, you mean that they both got stomped?

If Master Roshi also got stomped by Broly in that fight, would you consider him being equal to Goku or Vegeta or Frieza? No, you wouldn't. And so you shouldn't use it as a measure to try and prove Goku is = to Vegeta.

Vegeta isn't the same character he was in the Cell Saga, he doesn't always complain that Goku is his better when on screen, he has other things on his mind - like his family for instance. And even then, the material stated that Vegeta was "desperately trying to keep up with Goku".

And what? A random stranger having a power level comparable to one of the top five strongest beings in the universe would be shocking, especially considering how fast Broly improves. Even if he was below Goku's strength.

@Antvasima Yea, I agree with you too on how questionable it really is when its misinterpreted to be the case in regards to DBS.

@Zamasu Same here.

@Warren These are some fair and reasonable points.

Magi Hussie said:
@Antvasima Yea, I agree with you too on how questionable it really is when its misinterpreted to be the case in regards to DBS.

@Zamasu Same here.

@Warren These are some fair and reasonable points.
Dragon Ball cosmology as a whole is confusing despite how simplistic the series is, but that should be discussed another time.

is there a source for toriyama saying vegeta is desperately trying to keep with goku?

now that's an interesting quote to hear because by the end of dbs barring UI i thought they were pretty even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back