• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War Yggdrasil Low 1-C Justification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I think this is more to akin to how the wiki treats endless and infinity ngl so I am disagreeing with that as it is rather important in this case.
Wiki treating it differently doesn't matter. The fact is that both words are synonyms. If the wiki has treated them differently somewhere purely because endless was used in place of infinity then that's a problem that needs to be fixed, not used as a standard.

....... >_>
I fail to see any relation
Actually, it is probably me just being confused if anything, but in any case. I believe we have to relied on staff input rather than decide for ourselves in this regard.

Hmm I probably have to ask Ultima regarding the usage of endless = infinite to resolve this particular problem

Wiki treating it differently doesn't matter. The fact is that both words are synonyms. If the wiki has treated them differently somewhere purely because endless was used in place of infinity then that's a problem that needs to be fixed, not used as a standard.
While they are synonyms which is true, I do like to argue that just because they are synonyms doesn’t mean we can give a free pass on them using the same meaning all the time as we both point out I think.

Also I will ask Ultima for this matter on his wall.

While they are synonyms which is true, I do like to argue that just because they are synonyms doesn’t mean we can give a free pass on them using the same meaning all the time as we both point out I think.

Also I will ask Ultima for this matter on his wall.
That's literally irrelevant because I was talking about both words in a vacuum. Based on context both of them can refer to finite things as well.

At least 2-C, possibly 2-A, there is a huge possibility that those possibilities aren't really space-time

not rlly, to me it appears super blatant and clear he is talking about transcending space and time in the sense of operating on a higher level of existence than it

but idk if this statement applies to yggdrasil, only gods, which is why i didnt put it in the thread earlier

not rlly, to me it appears super blatant and clear he is talking about transcending space and time in the sense of operating on a higher level of existence than it

but idk if this statement applies to yggdrasil, only gods, which is why i didnt put it in the thread earlier
Naa it's still vague. A realm that's connected to all space and time can also be represented as being beyond their influence, but it wouldn't exactly qualify for an infinitely bigger plane of existence

BTW how does this wiki treat this statement? Is this not considered low 1-c?
This is so fake lol. Cory doesn't talk like that, and it's on Instagram, a platform cory hasn't used in over 3 years. Not to mention it blatantly contradicts what's presented and what he's said in actual interviews, which is the only God who ascended to a higher level of existence is Athena, and that's because she had a selfless death (Cory also said Athena's character arc is the most important arc in the series because her death allowed her to ascend to a higher dimension).

Last edited:
This is so fake lol. Cory doesn't talk like that, and it's on Instagram, a platform cory hasn't used in over 3 years. Not to mention it blatantly contradicts what's presented and what he's said in actual interviews, which is the only God who ascended to a higher level of existence is Athena, and that's because she had a selfless death (Cory also said Athena's character arc is the most important arc in the series because her death allowed her to ascend to a higher dimension).

I won't derail, ill discuss that with you later

Darksmash's posts reflects my stance. Justifications aside, if the endless statement is accepted, I am for fully 2-A rather than the compromise. Endless and infinite are and always have been intechangeable here, so unless that standard is also applied to all infinity statements this would be 2-A straight up. It would be unfair otherwise, unless the same standard is applied to all infinity-related statements.

Which might actually make the wiki arguably more accurate I suppose - if it is applied to its entirety, but I digress.

I personally also think that endless is a synonym for infinite if it is used in a literal manner.

Anyway, what are the conclusions here so far?
Well, I personally have no problems if outright 2-A is accepted. I also think that given enough context and/or used in a literal manner, endless can indeed qualify to be a synonym for infinite.

But I think Ultima was messaged about this so I think we should wait for what he has to say regarding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back