• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be able to do so by being an ultimate skill user, since he can fight and defeat Angels and angels are considered abstract existence beings in tensura
That's the thing, Fear Zeus, who is abstract, can't even touch PoH Kratos; in fact, he got hurt attempting to do so.

Last edited:
Also, its specifically mentioned in his profile that Zeus could not "possess" kratos not him being unable to touch kartos
Right after Kratos unleashes Hope and releases himself from Zeus's grip, Fear Zeus then just tries to punch Kratos but it fails miserably. Zeus tries everything in his book but only ends up hurting himself like how you'd hurt yourself punching a brick wall. He can't even come into contact with Kratos physically let alone possess him.

For eg the angel of time is time embodiment same as what a god in gow verse is
That's not how Gods or concepts in GOW work.

The Great Evils by themselves are Type 1 Concepts. Yet Kratos, who becomes a Type 2 Abstract Existence Embodiment for the Power of Hope, becomes completely ******* untouchable to Fear Zeus, who is practically a Type 1 Concept and has Type 1 Abstract Existence at this point.

That's not how Gods or concepts in GOW work.

The Great Evils by themselves are Type 1 Concepts. Yet Kratos, who becomes a Type 2 Abstract Existence Embodiment for the Power of Hope, becomes completely ******* untouchable to Fear Zeus, who is practically a Type 1 Concept and has Type 1 Abstract Existence at this point.
Abstract Existence (Type 2. Additionally, absorbed and analyzed angels. Angels were born as conceptual existences that receive power from the Spirit of Light and will revive as long as the Spirit of Light exist),
-
And btw Gobta wouldnt try punching kratos, it did probably be something more along the lines of using some skill that can kill kratos after analysing him via great sage

Abstract Existence (Type 2. Additionally, absorbed and analyzed angels. Angels were born as conceptual existences that receive power from the Spirit of Light and will revive as long as the Spirit of Light exist),
The point Klol and I made here was that simply negating Angel's abstract wouldn't be enough for it to harm Kratos, since Fear Zeus, who controls all of Pandora's box's evil concepts, isn't harming him at all.
And btw Gobta wouldnt try punching kratos, it did probably be something more along the lines of using some skill that can kill kratos after analysing him via great sage
What skill would it be if Zeus' conceptual attack failed to hurt Kratos?

Angels are abstract existence as well, which means kratos should be affected
You seem to have confused AE type 1 with type 2. a type 1 AE exists only as an abstraction, it lacks a physical form. whereas type 2 AE embodies an abstraction without the need to affect said the concept.

It happened that even AE Type 1 beings couldn't touch PoH Kratos, despite his definitive AE Type 2.

-
What kind of skill will work against a super-broken AE Type 2 guy like Kratos whom not even AE Type 1 guys with OP Concept Manip Type 1 guys can touch? ATalentedMaid pretty much laid out that this is not how concepts in GOW work.

You seem to have confused AE type 1 with type 2. a type 1 AE exists only as an abstraction, it lacks a physical form. whereas type 2 AE embodies an abstraction without the need to affect said the concept.

It happened that even AE Type 1 beings couldn't touch PoH Kratos, despite his definitive AE Type 2.
Yeah angels pretty much are that? You need to sacrifice people for them to come in their physical forms, also they are listed as AE type 2 existences, kratos is the same unless you can prove that Angels in tensura are somehow AE type 1

What kind of skill will work against a super-broken AE Type 2 guy like Kratos whom not even AE Type 1 guys with OP Concept Manip Type 1 guys can touch? ATalentedMaid pretty much laid out that this is not how concepts in GOW work.
Death Heralding Wind: Veldora's ability that's later on inherited by Ranga and by extension Gobuta. This ability creates a huge black storm sphere in which the enemy will be shredded to little pieces by the blades of wind and by the lightning balls. The wind also carries within them a deadly corrosion and decaying properties

Ironically i dont see him having any resistance to decomposition or courrption type 2

Also kratos has no way of perma killing Gobta either, how is he going to go around that

Death Heralding Wind: Veldora's ability that's later on inherited by Ranga and by extension Gobuta. This ability creates a huge black storm sphere in which the enemy will be shredded to little pieces by the blades of wind and by the lightning balls. The wind also carries within them a deadly corrosion and decaying properties

Ironically i dont see him having any resistance to decomposition
Immortality Type 8. As long as Hope exists, Kratos can't be killed.

That and Kratos resists Poseidon's Deconstructive Powers that can destroy both the body and soul.

or courrption type 2
Pointless if it cant even go through an AE Type 1 Concept defending the **** out of an AE Type 2 being from straight up AE Type 1 people with Type 1 Concept Manip.

At best this is an incon as per Gilver's stuff.

Last edited:
Yeah angels pretty much are that? You need to sacrifice people for them to come in their physical forms, also they are listed as AE type 2 existences, kratos is the same unless you can prove that Angels in tensura are somehow AE type 1
Kratos also being AE Type 2 with Hope means ****-all when AE Type 1 beings with Concept Manip Type 1 can't do jackshit to him.

Fear Zeus lacks a physical form, he is Fear itself. Just look at his profile my guy. He is AE Type 1. Yet he can't do jackshit to PoH Kratos's AE Type 2 because Hope is stronger than Fear.

Yeah, isn't this a verse mechanic? Don't see why that should matter here.
Because this "verse mechanic" renders Kratos untouchable to Type 1 Abstracts and Type 1 Concepts like Fear Zeus? That's blatant resistance to being affected by AE Type 1 beings and to Concept Manip Type 1. This isn't just a verse mechanic, it's a literal narrative plot point, ATHENA'S OWN GODDAMN WORDS.

Last edited:
Isn't it just that they lack the NPI?
No, check Kratos's profile, he has NPI for being able to **** up Fear Zeus with Hope (His human form alone while depowered and lacking even the red tattoo can kill souls by snapping their necks), who is literally Fear itself. Read the profiles for once.

From what I've seen here gobta can interact with AE type 2
Kratos is AE Type 2, but he's immunized to AE Type 1 Fear Zeus because even without Kratos turning into Hope itself, Hope is still massively stronger than Fear, so much so that it could amplify Kratos to the point where he completely ragestomped Fear Zeus and expelled Fear from him.

Yeah, isn't this a verse mechanic? Don't see why that should matter here.
Um ... The first thing I will point out is that Hope is considered the most powerful weapon, according to Athena's own words.

Athena revealed that, when Zeus gathered all the concepts and trapped them in Pandora's Box, she placed Hope in the box to counteract the Evil if it were to be opened.

When narratively Hope is considered to be more powerful than fear, it makes me wonder why you would come to the conclusion of this verse mechanic out of nowhere, as it literally meant to stops all of these concepts.

Last edited:
Isn't it just that they lack the NPI? From what I've seen here gobta can interact with AE type 2
This again....Sigh. Y'all are confused AE type 2 with type 1.

It's not about whether he is capable of affecting the type 2 AE or not, because it is abstract and something you embody. As such, the comments about angel having type 2 AE, making Gobta able to affect Kratos, are completely irrelevant.

As a matter of fact, Type 2 AE requires no affecting at all; you can just touch them.

Kratos, However, could not be touched by Fear Zeus (who, at this point, has become an abstraction).

Last edited:
Um ... The first thing I will point out is that Hope is considered the most powerful weapon, according to Athena's own words.

Athena revealed that, when Zeus gathered all the concepts and trapped them in Pandora's Box, she placed Hope in the box to counteract the Evil if it were to be opened.

When narratively Hope is considered to be more powerful than fear, it makes me wonder why you would come to the conclusion of this verse mechanic out of nowhere, as it literally stops all of these.
This again....Sigh.Y'all are confused AE type 1 with type 2.

It's not about whether he is capable of affecting the type 2 AE or not, because it is abstract and something you embody. As such, the comments about angel having type 2 AE, making Gobta able to affect Kratos, are completely irrelevant.

As a matter of fact, Type 2 AE requires no affecting at all; you can just touch them.

Kratos, However, could not be touched by Fear Zeus (who, at this point, has become an abstraction).
I could not have put it better myself.

Nobody really voted yet. And regarding the speed amp, looking at Gobta, I dunno what they can do.

They can't blitz Kratos since they're slower and as per SBA, slower characters can't blitz via speed amps in a viable match.

Kratos can't even be touched by Type 1 concepts so they're not exactly harming him before the former just wields Hope against them.

Edit: Nvm, someone already voted.

Anyway, put me down for Kratos for the above reasonings ATalentedMaid, Gilver and I made. Alongside yours, Planck.

well these matches are just like this honestly the hax is insane in these matches

also Kratos FRA

like in these matches the hax is the most important part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back