• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Dosen't thor also affect your spartan rage meter just by punching you?
Literally any kind of attack affects your Spartan Rage if you get damaged.

Thor is a special case because he can neg any other Spartan Rage and their effects save for Fury (Though that doesn't mean much in the scaling chain given the other Rages don't even last that long and aren't meant for long-term use), he staggers Kratos in those forms, this is as close as he comes to Herc straight up turning off Rage of Sparta. And it's all mentioned on their profiles.

Kratos doesn't have bifrost, otherwise it'd be on his profile.
He does have Bifrost attacks lmfao, using his profile as an example ain't the best idea considering he's still missing a lot of shit.

Like Bifrost Chakrams, Mimir can release a bifrost ki blast, storm of bifrost, etc.

Basically a lot of the Talismans and relics and shit like that

Thor is a special case because he can neg any other Spartan Rage and their effects save for Fury (Though that doesn't mean much in the scaling chain given the other Rages don't even last that long and aren't meant for long-term use), he staggers Kratos in those forms, this is as close as he comes to Herc straight up turning off Rage of Sparta. And it's all mentioned on their profiles.
Would him being about to neg valor count as some form of Regen/Healing negation?

.Heimdall > Base Atreus, who can hurt people like Odin.

Also Heimdall > Base Atreus > Younger Post-God discovery Atreus = Baldur who knocked out Jormie.

And Baldur ~= 2018 Kratos (who is only slightly stronger) = Faye = Drunk Thor who's only somewhat weaker than his normal self.
You are NOT trying to scale Heimdall to an Atreus who's clearly pulling off far better feats at the end of Ragnarok because like hell is Heimdall touching Odin💀

And Heimdall is getting WHOOPED by Baldur 😭

You are NOT trying to scale Heimdall to an Atreus who's clearly pulling off far better feats at the end of Ragnarok because like hell is Heimdall touching Odin💀

And Heimdall is getting WHOOPED by Baldur 😭
Bruh, Atreus was unharmed from a point-blank gut punch and could draw blood with normal blows.

And 2022 Atreus is obviously stronger than that.

???

Kratos doesn't have bifrost, otherwise it'd be on his profile.

Heimdall > Base Atreus, who can hurt people like Odin.

Also Heimdall > Base Atreus > Younger Post-God discovery Atreus = Baldur who knocked out Jormie.

And Baldur ~= 2018 Kratos (who is only slightly stronger) = Faye = Drunk Thor who's only somewhat weaker than his normal self.
Why tf is Atreus scaling to Baldur in 2018? Huuuuuuh?

He's a massive stonewall. As for outright power, he's inconsistent as hell.

As for Heimdall, Kratos citing beating gods greater than him would automatically count in Poseidon at least, and likely Hades too. Hercules isn't a god and saying that to refer to Zeus is just redundancy.

WHAT THE HELL.

You know what, given my issues with the scaling I'mma just drop this goddamned bombshell that would actually be followed.

Bloodlusted Ragnarok Kratos = Endgame GoW3 Pre-Hope Kratos > Endgame GoW3 Post-Amp Zeus > Endgame GoW3 Pre-Amp Zeus >= Odin > Hercules >= Serious Ragnarok Kratos (Not Bloodlusted) = Freya > Thor > Brother Kings > Heimdall >? Baldur

Honestly at this point the symbols don't matter as much because they're still roughly on par with each other and we agreed the gaps to not be egregiously big, but yeah, Herc was being done a tad bit too dirty in all honesty.

But seriously, I can't fathom Atreus being anywhere within this scale solidly enough without him being inconsistent as **** with the MCU levels of bullshit he's bogged down with.

WHAT THE HELL.

You know what, given my issues with the scaling I'mma just drop this goddamned bombshell that would actually be followed.

Bloodlusted Ragnarok Kratos = Endgame GoW3 Pre-Hope Kratos > Endgame GoW3 Post-Amp Zeus > Endgame GoW3 Pre-Amp Zeus >= Odin > Hercules >= Serious Ragnarok Kratos (Not Bloodlusted) = Freya > Thor > Brother Kings > Heimdall >? Baldur

Honestly at this point the symbols don't matter as much because they're still roughly on par with each other and we agreed the gaps to not be egregiously big, but yeah, Herc was being done a tad bit too dirty in all honesty.

But seriously, I can't fathom Atreus being anywhere within this scale solidly enough without him being inconsistent as **** with the MCU levels of bullshit he's bogged down with.
I'd amend the fact that a massive gap occurs after Thor and the fact that Baldur isn't really anywhere here, since his overall scaling is unknown.

Atreus is a mess and a half. Personally, I'd put his peak end at Hrist/Mist level at peak cause that's the highest level fight I can recall where he sorta holds his own, and it'd at least make the fact that he can stagger Odin with punches more sensible. His low end is <Heimdall though.

I'd amend the fact that a massive gap occurs after Thor
Oh? I thought we didn't take it to be such a massive gap to begin with.

Atreus is a mess and a half. Personally, I'd put his peak end at Hrist/Mist level at peak cause that's the highest level fight I can recall where he sorta holds his own, and it'd at least make the fact that he can stagger Odin with punches more sensible. His low end is <Heimdall though.
Don't forget Bear Atreus being a thing as well.

Why dosen't Atreus have weather manipulation?
The sky turn red when he was at the verge of dying and when he was mad at Sindri we can hear thunder.

Last edited:
Also, does thor get anything from turning the whole sky red when he was killed by odin other than weather manipulation or no?

Also, does thor get anything from turning the whole sky red when he was killed by odin other than weather manipulation or no?
Nah, I'd suspect that's more so Ragnarok ******* shit up more than anything.

Cronos in GoW3 apparently giving Hades-Soul-Amped Kratos more trouble than Poseidon from the looks of things.

DESPITE THE FACT THAT CRONOS WAS BLATANTLY STATED TO HAVE BEEN DEPOWERED IN THE NOVEL LIKE ALL THE OTHER TITANS, AND ATLAS AND CRONOS LITERALLY STATE THEY'RE GIVING THE LAST OF HIS MAGIC TO KRATOS.

This dude also has Baldur above Sigrun, Norse Kratos and GoW3 Zeus.

Cronos in GoW3 apparently giving Hades-Soul-Amped Kratos more trouble than Poseidon from the looks of things.
Not really.
DESPITE THE FACT THAT CRONOS WAS BLATANTLY STATED TO HAVE BEEN DEPOWERED IN THE NOVEL LIKE ALL THE OTHER TITANS, AND ATLAS AND CRONOS LITERALLY STATE THEY'RE GIVING THE LAST OF HIS MAGIC TO KRATOS.
The only thing you could even use is that he thought Kratos killed Gaia yet he still thought he was hot stuff, or maybe scaling him to that Titan who Poseidon was concerned about (although IIRC that Titan got amped beforehand).
This dude also has Baldur above Sigrun, Norse Kratos and GoW3 Zeus.
Bruh.

Tbf, I could see it if you weren't really that into GoW and couldn't recall a few details (like the fact that Zeus basically turned Cronos into his donkey, or the Gods getting stronger over the millennia). Kratos had some difficulty prying apart Cronos' fingers, and Cronos did resist Hades' strength in the past, so they could be going off that without the full context.

After all, there's tons of people who conflate Spartan Kratos, Ares-amped Kratos, God Kratos, depowered Kratos, etc.

What'd be ridiculous is completely and utterly insisting on it when counter-evidence is provided.
This dude also has Baldur above Sigrun
That one just borders on deliberately ignorant.

Is This one via Novel? I recall it saying That
That'd be even more hilarious because right before Baldur throws the stone at Kratos, the latter only considers Baldur to be the strongest mortal he ever fought, thinking that no mortal could survive that.

Back