• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

the thing is GoW R has pretty good deconstruction animation tho (when you finish the enemies). Why not utilize that animation as regen from dust or something like that
It's just the enemies dissipating. Also, there's no point to random regeneration. Like, what enemy would need or have that? I wouldn't mind it but I understand why they don't give powers for the sake of it.

Then again, they gave Garm concept devouring so eh.

Well yeah, Garm concept devouring is so random and it doesn't have any important role in the story, i think :unsure:

or perhaps for the future game?

That is major improvement for him considering he was trying to lessen it from "nearly an entire pantheon of gods"

Shows his anger management classes are working
baldur, heimdall and odin (partially, didnt really did killed him but sindri did) I think the third meant mimir but tbh he kinda didn't either since it was requested and got "brought back to life" via reanimation (even though he techniacally is still dead).

baldur, heimdall and odin (partially, didnt really did killed him but sindri did) I think the third meant mimir but tbh he kinda didn't either since it was requested and got "brought back to life" via reanimation (even though he techniacally is still dead).
Nah he killed baldur, heimdall and magni

Hmmmmmmm, I count Baldur and Heimdall being the only deaths, Odin really doesn't count because Sindri killed him.

AFAIK Magni and Modi were minor Aesir.
Well afaik fod Magni he was supposed to be the new ruler of Asgard or something like that based on his myth so i don't think that he was a minor Aesir
Dumbass Modi in other hand deserve to be an minor Aesir lmao, low-key wanted Thor to kill Modi because i freakinf hate this mfs guts in GOW 2018

WTF is blud waffling about

It's like artificial stakes and QTEs have to exist in a game to keep it balanced, it's almost as bad as the arguments about novel being contradicted because Kratos didn't one-shot Poseidon, completely ignoring everything about the narrative, game balance and Kratos in general brutalizing his opponents before killing them.

It's like artificial stakes and QTEs have to exist in a game to keep it balanced, it's almost as bad as the arguments about novel being contradicted because Kratos didn't one-shot Poseidon, completely ignoring everything about the narrative, game balance and Kratos in general brutalizing his opponents before killing them.
hmm that user name pokedex.... pokemon stuff

Since apollo was the god of so many stuff, If he ever was in gow where do y'all speculate he would rank hax wise

Since apollo was the god of so many stuff, If he ever was in gow where do y'all speculate he would rank hax wise
It's all over the place, to be honest. Hermes had a lot of domains as well but look at him. Zeus has like, 6? And his page is a hax monster.

Apollo would either be top 5 or just funny superhuman archer with energy blasts.

It's all over the place, to be honest. Hermes had a lot of domains as well but look at him. Zeus has like, 6? And his page is a hax monster.

Apollo would either be top 5 or just funny superhuman archer with energy blasts.
Tbf With hermes, it's hard to portray Something like the god of trade, heraldry, merchants, commerce, roads, thieves, trickery, sports, travelers, and athletes in a boss without Just fast and agile dude

Tbf With hermes, it's hard to portray Something like the god of trade, heraldry, merchants, commerce, roads, thieves, trickery, sports, travelers, and athletes in a boss without Just fast and agile dude
Just expand the concept haxes, like making Hermes trade Kratos power with unluck while he get some of Kratos power, used his sport authority to forced Kratos obey the Olympic rules in-fight, and so on
They even missed the potential of him being a trickster and instead he became Walmart "70$ Dollar with 0.69% Discount with a trash quality" version of The Flash

Comicvine and reddit moment

Ah yes, the good old "You guys only pick the stuff you want to hear" argument. This is what happens when people don't thoroughly read all the Editing and Discussion Rules on our wiki regarding what WoG qualifies and what WoG gets yeeted across the line.

It's actually tragic because Downplayers are the ones harping about how WoG is unusable yet they go the extra mile to get GoW to say the shit they want to hear while contradicting the actual contents of the verse. Make up your goddamn mind.

Like, the amount of mental gymnastics you'd have to go through to convince yourself that Norse Kratos in anyway, shape or form, comes even remotely close to the Power of Hope, just blows my ******* mind.

How would norse kratos do against gow3 pre hope kratos?
1004430dee8038f3bdfa86cde175057f.jpg

LMFAO dumbass argument all over again.

The Chasm stuff means nothing as the Pillar is magical in nature, and there needs to be no physical connection for the feat to be valid to begin with as per Persephone's statement that the entire pantheon gets nuked if that Pillar falls.

The part about Zeus and not Kratos punishing Atlas for the deed also doesn't hold up, it was actually debunked years prior by WindGodAcheron in his blog and I'll just lay out the reasons.
  • Chains of Olympus, the game where it's revealed that Kratos was the one to chain Atlas to his burden, came out one year after the manual statement. It was already completed when GoW2 was released. I don't think I have to say developers would obviously not go and spoil the plot of the next game in the manual of the current one.
  • Even if one argued a retcon, the only thing that'd be retconned would be the part that says Zeus banished him to do the task. The clarification on whether he is holding up the heavens or just the world wouldn't be retconned. We don't discard entire games when a specific storybit is retconned, after all. Just the specific bit that got retconned.
  • One could argue that they purposedfully lied about what Atlas was holding up in order not to spoil anything on Chains of Olympus, but this ignores the fact we see Atlas and what he is holding up in the actual God of War 2 game this manual comes with, meaning they wouldn't be spoiling shit, as well as the fact that the same manual and another guidebook from the same developers outright describe and spoil his burden in other sections as well.
  • There is also the fact they didn't lie since the actual Chains of Olympus game and outside sources about that game have cosmic-scale arguments for the World Pillar and, therefore, Atlas, who does the Pillar's job after it is broken.
The metaphor section is not even worth addressing and GoW3 stands as a testament to that. IDK what the **** the last point is even trying to address with the Concept Art.

Back