• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Yeah, they are. Egypt is all playing good with Athena now even.
Didn't the Greeks have their own explanation for the Egyptian gods? And many of the Olympians landed there during the Typhon fight? I hope they do something with that, while also explaining similarities between the two mythologies
He'd prolly be a worse monster, but either way first thing he would do is clap back at Athena and remove her out of the equation entirely because of what she did to him
I can see him going back to his vengeful traits and going on a genocide of all gods. Kinda like Gorr (well Kratos came first)

Yeah, all the gods went to Egypt and turned into animals to hide from Typhoon, which is meant to explain why the Egyptian gods have many animal features it's supposed to be the Olympians in animal form as far as the greeks were concerned.

Who edited the Odin page? It could do with some work
Yeah it needs quite some work, no scans for pretty much anything and still missing a lot of stuff. I've been making some progress in getting all his abilities listed with scans, got most of it down just need to add a handful more abilities and some extra justifications for abilities I've already got listed.

Didn't the Greeks have their own explanation for the Egyptian gods? And many of the Olympians landed there during the Typhon fight? I hope they do something with that, while also explaining similarities between the two mythologies
It's weird because Isis and other Egyptians were also revered depending on region in Greece and some versions conflated Zeus and Ammon for instance

so atreus want to become powerscaler

Atreus wants to get that Tier 1 meta
Yeah, all the gods went to Egypt and turned into animals to hide from Typhoon, which is meant to explain why the Egyptian gods have many animal features it's supposed to be the Olympians in animal form as far as the greeks were concerned.

Yeah it needs quite some work, no scans for pretty much anything and still missing a lot of stuff. I've been making some progress in getting all his abilities listed with scans, got most of it down just need to add a handful more abilities and some extra justifications for abilities I've already got listed.
It's also a lil messy. Also, considering the Greeks know of Egypt, could this have happened in GOW canon as well?

Me too. He honestly looks a lot different from 2018. Not just cuz he's Thicc, but his beard was shorter and well groomed, in Ragnarok it's longer and more unkempt.

I think him and Thrud are my favorite designs of the Aesir but I wish he had in some Armor or something.

It also seems like every depiction of Norse mythology forgets his Belt and Gauntlets that both increase his strength.

Me too. He honestly looks a lot different from 2018. Not just cuz he's Thicc, but his beard was shorter and well groomed, in Ragnarok it's longer and more unkempt.

I think him and Thrud are my favorite designs of the Aesir but I wish he had in some Armor or something.

It also seems like every depiction of Norse mythology forgets his Belt and Gauntlets that both increase his strength.
1) I really love his beard and build, just miss the cloak and hood (added a great tradesman vibe to him) and I wouldn't mind seeing it back as a mod somehow 2) True, him, Thrud and Baldur are peak Aesir designs 3) Marvel actually has it as optional equipment but yeah it's wild, weird it's always ignored
**** it. Go first person boomer shooter for the next mythology
Kratos with a ******* gun is hysterical

Also does Thor teleport/turn into lightning? If not, I might have found a heat resistance feat for him. I'm also thinking, should Atreus even scale to Kratos at this point? I'm thinking a split rating might be best

Typhoon sent em in hiding and they turned into the Egyptian gods
This also has historical precedent. When Greece invaded Egypt, they found many similarities between their gods, assigning each a certain god from their own pantheon.

Which is why we have the city of Heliopolis. It was the center of power of belief in Ra. And since Helios is the god of the sun, then it's "the city if the sun" = Heliopolis.

This also has historical precedent. When Greece invaded Egypt, they found many similarities between their gods, assigning each a certain god from their own pantheon.

Which is why we have the city of Heliopolis. It was the center of power of belief in Ra. And since Helios is the god of the sun, then it's "the city if the sun" = Heliopolis.
The Romans did the same, conflating Odin with Mars and Thor with Vulcan

Honestly there's a lot of cool stuff that can be done if you play around with the idea of different cultures conflating and mixing up their gods with the gods of other pantheons. I know there's some stories out there that treat the greek and roman gods as being the exact same despite the differing views of their respective pantheons (Marvel is the quickest example I can think so that does this), but imagine someone making a story where they go way further with this idea like, I dunno, treating every god that rules the underworld as being the same god or maybe they're all aspects of a singular underworld deity.

Honestly there's a lot of cool stuff that can be done if you play around with the idea of different cultures conflating and mixing up their gods with the gods of other pantheons. I know there's some stories out there that treat the greek and roman gods as being the exact same despite the differing views of their respective pantheons (Marvel is the quickest example I can think so that does this), but imagine someone making a story where they go way further with this idea like, I dunno, treating every god that rules the underworld as being the same god or maybe they're all aspects of a singular underworld deity.
God of War seemingly does this, Hercules is very Roman in name and presentation and Gladiators are mentioned as being a thing. I believe Vesivius also comes up but idk

God of War seemingly does this, Hercules is very Roman in name and presentation and Gladiators are mentioned as being a thing. I believe Vesivius also comes up but idk
Yeah I was very confused why they used Hercules instead of Heracles

Someone made this

Someone made this
Pretty fine profile overall, but the lack of scans for anything is a big oof and some of the justifcations for certain things are, questionable to say the least

This looks good
Durability: At least High Universe level, likely Universe level+ to Low Multiverse level (Her durability did not seem to have dwindled from her curse, as she withstood a high fall without any damage and Baldur attempting to kill her by gripping her neck without restraint for a decent amount of time to choke her to death, caused her only minor discomfort and she survived without any actual injury when Kratos freed her)
Imagine not taking fall damage and getting choked being used as a justification for infinite energy

He should also get a tabber with Freya’s abilities imo, he seems to have learnt most of her spells

Back