• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

You say this but imagine them saying some shit like “oh yeah all the pantheons share the same planet lmao”
A verse I support and am revising has a planet that dwarfs multi-timeline sized butterflies in size. Honestly, this confirmation wouldn't exactly be that weird of a change lol.

And everyone in GoW norse talking about fate and propechy? Even the norns talking about it, they talking about scirpt and they sure kratos will die follow the fate/script
It's not really even the script but just precog and predictable intuition made easier to handle by the victims' undeniably bad life decisions.

What is "mystical enough"??? I never know that mystical have measure. So what kind of "mystical" that enough for contain endless timelines
The kind of mystical that ***** around and finds out with space and time itself, which the Norns do not do.

And if they not give that in the game (like codex) doesnt mean it doesnt exist. The studio it self officialy create a card game for explain that, why the card game cant use??? Its not a fanmade its official.
Here's the thing. The Norns can't manipulate time either. The lake only serves as a hideout for the Norns with their threads, and they themselves state that the story they're selling about fate in Norse lands is utter bullshit, they only use their precog and their deduction skills to tell people how bad they ****** up in life to bring it to a horrible end.

Yeah even you just can found the infinite size branches of yggdrasil in novel, the game not have explanation about that, so are we gonna says the infinite size is not exist???
Showing any infinite-sized object in 100% form physically like that is simply put, impossible. By that logic GOW would have to show the Underworld having no limits within the game itself by physically showing it without any statements, despite the bonus video within GOW1 itself involving the main concept artist, the GOW1 Bonus disc, the Prima Guide which repeats the same exact shit as the Bonus video, Temple of Helios and one more WoG (Cory himself, who confirmed the Bonus Video's statement to be true) stating otherwise. And here's the thing: None of the size statements are ever contradicted in any measure by the games, ever. Especially with regards to the Greek Underworld.

Prolly, rumblings go on in the house all the time. Not hard to hear that. Though I can't blame him if he felt he really was going to die given that the entire tree shook to the core because of Surtr.
Yeah that’s my take on it, it’s weird since the whole point is Surtur
She did, but she definitely didn't expect Kratos to be the ultimate gamechanger or for the prophecy to be accelerated by about a century.
True
Also how old are the Æsir? Like is it just a few centuries?
I'm still hella confused about the whole Form, Mind, Direction and Luck thing. Especially the Direction.
How does one lose that even?
Perhaps that’s how undeath happens, you lose direction to the afterlife
A verse I support and am revising has a planet that dwarfs multi-timeline sized butterflies in size. Honestly, this confirmation wouldn't exactly be that weird of a change lol.
let me have my galaxy sized Earth 🔫
It's not really even the script but just precog and predictable intuition made easier to handle by the victims' undeniably bad life decisions.

The kind of mystical that ***** around and finds out with space and time itself, which the Norns do not do.

Here's the thing. The Norns can't manipulate time either. The lake only serves as a hideout for the Norns with their threads, and they themselves state that the story they're selling about fate in Norse lands is utter bullshit, they only use their precog and their deduction skills to tell people how bad they ****** up in life to bring it to a horrible end.
Yeah I think the Norns only simulate timelines, using their precognition like Strange predicting Thanos’ possible defeats
god-of-war-ragnarok-beyond-ragnarok.jpg

okay sure
wait, can we make profiles for the Berserkers
wild Wights are here since aren’t they another Celtic Thing? Like the Wulvers?
To be fair tho, Cory calls it a "Greater Universe".
it’s weird

Also, is it funny to anyone else we might see the series go the route Marvel’s Ragnarok did? Incorporating higher deities who manipulate the lesser pantheons, only to have the cycle broken by one deity?

like you can make a religion out of this shit and we’re Lowkey starting a new pantheon

Also, is it funny to anyone else we might see the series go the route Marvel’s Ragnarok did? Incorporating higher deities who manipulate the lesser pantheons, only to have the cycle broken by one deity?

like you can make a religion out of this shit and we’re Lowkey starting a new pantheon
That would be wild. Though, hopefully it doesn't get too out there (like, Magi Gods tier for instance). Having Kratos at High 1-B would be...something.

No, they make propechy because they look in the well of fate, they play out many timelines of event, and then predict what the timeline that reality will choice as its path
Its mystical, and if its officialy states have endless timelines, then its have it. Its not need to stated have space time or anything, if ita stated its have that then its have
They cant manipulate time its have nothing to do that the norse pantheon not have endless timelines. Basically, they "precog" its from the mystical well, where all endless future possibilities is there. They cant manipulate fate and time, but thats not a reason the fate and endless timelines is not exist
Showing any infinite-sized object in 100% form physically like that is simply put, impossible. By that logic GOW would have to show the Underworld having no limits within the game itself by physically showing it without any statements, despite the bonus video within GOW1 itself involving the main concept artist, the GOW1 Bonus disc, the Prima Guide which repeats the same exact shit as the Bonus video, Temple of Helios and one more WoG (Cory himself, who confirmed the Bonus Video's statement to be true) stating otherwise. And here's the thing: None of the size statements are ever contradicted in any measure by the games, ever. Especially with regards to the Greek Underworld.
Where i says its must showing in physical??? I says there are no explanation (statement or codex) in the game that say the yggdrasil branches is infinite. Its for your statement that there are no codex for well of fate in game. What i mean its no need to be in game, if its official then we can use it. Not explain in game, its not mean that not exist

Me too. Though, I wouldn't mind the overall cosmology being pretty large, even if Kratos doesn't scale to the totality of it (which I honestly don't think he ever will).
Yeah I prefer that too, I think part the appeal is Kratos feels like a man with the power of the Gods (like Herakles or Thor in the myths) so I hope he’s not transcendent or anything

at best, I hope he starts a pantheon of his own. Maybe incorporating himself, Atreus, Mimir, Angroboda, Thrûdc Freya and a few others (like if Horus joins up)
Oh
confirmed by mimir realms tear = voids
hmm link? That’s void manipulation for Nodhogg with Limited Void Manip for Kratos and likely Freya

Where i says its must showing in physical??? I says there are no explanation (statement or codex) in the game that say the yggdrasil branches is infinite. Its for your statement that there are no codex for well of fate in game. What i mean its no need to be in game, if its official then we can use it. Not explain in game, its not mean that not exist
Addressing this, there's a massive difference in the contexts of both situations;

With the Well or Urd, a claim is made that it contains infinite timelines within itself. Thing is;

- We do not get a mention of the timelines from either the Norns or the people that visit them and the Norns themselves deny the existence of some overarching force of fate that they curate. In fact, the power to create alternate timelines, change time and control fate in the same manner as the Sisters of Fate did is outright stated to not exist in the Norse Word.

- The well itself has no special properties that would somehow imply it contains infinite iterations of reality inside itself. We get no glimpse of them nor a lore entry mentioning them at all.

The Yggdrasil is stated in-game to support all of creation upon it and transcend time and space. The cosmos are but a small part of it and so not only would a statement of it having infinitely long branches have far more of a basis to be legitimate but this doesn't have the same soft contradictions as the Well of Urd.

at best, I hope he starts a pantheon of his own. Maybe incorporating himself, Atreus, Mimir, Angroboda, Thrûdc Freya and a few others (like if Horus joins up)
I've always liked this idea. It's reminiscent of when GOW 2018 was first revealed and everyone thought Kratos was Odin, and Atreus was Thor.

The mere fact that these tears shouldn't exist to begin with because of their volatile nature of being a literal tear in the fabric of reality that expands more and more and then spirals out of control, is more than enough proof to justify the assumption. Also, how will these forces threaten a land like Niflheim to begin with where there is nothing to conquer but endless poison mist?
Source?

T.B.F., I really expected that after Ragnarok Kratos would be able to best DOOM Guy and Dante. But the entire GoW verse still gets one-shot by either of them. Shame.

T.B.F., I really expected that after Ragnarok Kratos would be able to best DOOM Guy and Dante. But the entire GoW verse still gets one-shot by either of them. Shame.
Does it even matter ? we should stop discussing something like that. keep the discussion chill no need to bring other verse

No, they make propechy because they look in the well of fate, they play out many timelines of event, and then predict what the timeline that reality will choice as its path
That's just precog at best.

Its mystical, and if its officialy states have endless timelines, then its have it. Its not need to stated have space time or anything, if ita stated its have that then its have
It's still secondary canon, any immediate contradiction favoring the primary canon AKA the games.

They cant manipulate time its have nothing to do that the norse pantheon not have endless timelines. Basically, they "precog" its from the mystical well, where all endless future possibilities is there. They cant manipulate fate and time, but thats not a reason the fate and endless timelines is not exist
Precog is all them, not from the well.

Where i says its must showing in physical??? I says there are no explanation (statement or codex) in the game that say the yggdrasil branches is infinite.
No in-game statements in GOW1 or Chains that say the same about the Underworld. Try not to dwell on it too much.

Its for your statement that there are no codex for well of fate in game. What i mean its no need to be in game, if its official then we can use it. Not explain in game, its not mean that not exist
I don't think you understand what "secondary canon" means buddy.

Addressing this, there's a massive difference in the contexts of both situations;

With the Well or Urd, a claim is made that it contains infinite timelines within itself. Thing is;

- We do not get a mention of the timelines from either the Norns or the people that visit them and the Norns themselves deny the existence of some overarching force of fate that they curate. In fact, the power to create alternate timelines, change time and control fate in the same manner as the Sisters of Fate did is outright stated to not exist in the Norse Word.

- The well itself has no special properties that would somehow imply it contains infinite iterations of reality inside itself. We get no glimpse of them nor a lore entry mentioning them at all.

The Yggdrasil is stated in-game to support all of creation upon it and transcend time and space. The cosmos are but a small part of it and so not only would a statement of it having infinitely long branches have far more of a basis to be legitimate but this doesn't have the same soft contradictions as the Well of Urd.
Thank you for making this clearer and more concise than ever I could hope.

Back