• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I thought the sun was small in GoW
Never has been. Neither in Greek GOW or Norse GOW.

That's the Sun Chariot, not the actual Sun. It crashes down in Chains of Olympus because Helios got kidnapped by Atlas. Helios is also not the actual Sun, but rather a personification of it, just like his father Hyperion was.

THIS IS THE ACTUAL SUN. Hyperion is even straight up said in GOW Ascension's Multiplayer to forge his cosmos-bearing spear in the core of the Sun.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's wrong (or there's some context or revisions of Speed that happened recently I'm unaware of). Spatial axes are fundamentally just different directions of movement, which is why you don't get anything special whether you move up and down or left and right. You can move across a fifth spatial dimension with Subsonic speed in theory.
Don't look at me, I myself am confused on this matter just as much as you are.

Immeasurable can be thought off as a step up from performing actions in 0 seconds, where you do things before you begin doing them.
All I know is going backwards and forwards in time, and moving so fast that you surpass the existential level of time itself, is what nets you Immeasurable speed.

I wonder if it's possible that in GOW Norse mythology the giants can't actually tell the future but they just experienced futures already and thus know everything that's gonna happen in both timelines due to convoluted time travel stuff. We know more than 1 giant went back in time so maybe a lot more of them did or possibly even all of them. Laufey may have not been revered by the giants because of her future sight but because she is the mother of Loki.

Last edited:
I love how Gaia says her Earth bleeds because of Kratos as if she wasn't trying to kill the gods herself and thus would cause the same thing to happen smh

Honestly, I'd be fine with them being used outright. We already see them being made of the same energy that her Daimon and energy blasts utilize and they're very much real as well.

Also, depending on whether or not there were stars in the illusion with the moon, it could go as high as 4-A.

Also, depending on whether or not there were stars in the illusion with the moon, it could go as high as 4-A.
Unfortunately, no starry skies in the background. Just clouds and the Moon.

So yeah, we're stuck with "At least 5-A, possibly 4-C", now that dimensions with sun feats have been nuked back to just under twice as much as baseline 4-C.

So yeah, we're stuck with "At least 5-A, possibly 4-C", now that dimensions with sun feats have been nuked back to just under twice as much as baseline 4-C.
So we're looking at Saiyan to Namek saga levels of power for Kratos and the Furies.

Dope, indeed. I think we should go for it. But does this also scale to the champions?

Is it weird that a part of me hopes they remaster I and II before moving on to the next pantheon?

**** no, They should have down that years ago.

No clue why they haven't
They already did for PS3 LOL.

I still don't understand why Sony is remastering HZD for PS5 when it doesn't even need to be. It's perfectly playable as the Complete Edition. They could've just worked on porting the old Greek games to PS4/PS5/PC while they were at it, or let Bluepoint do the heavy lifting on the remakes (Since they don't want to port the Remastered Collections anyway but rather want to recreate the games from scratch), after all, Bluepoint ported the PS2/PSP games to the PS3.

Tho to be fair, GOW3R on the PS4 apparently suffers from anti-aliasing issues. Perhaps remaking the game using Ascension's engine while keeping everything else (Body models and voice) would do it better justice?

Remaking GOW3 on Ascensions engine would be sick.

The prequels, too.

Actually, especially the prequels since they were give a much weaker system to work with in the PSP, and they need it even more.

Remaking GOW3 on Ascensions engine would be sick.

The prequels, too.

Actually, especially the prequels since they were give a much weaker system to work with in the PSP, and they need it even more.
Nah, Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are perfect as they are. They just need their controls overhauled to be more in line with GOW1/2/3 control schemes.

people are saying that this kratos scan can be scaled to outer lmfao
6mwqso55v0x81.jpg

Back