• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Yeah I miss it, imagine seeing the eyes glare through the hood when he uses lightning
I seen a fanart of Thor like this. It looked terrifying. I have it saved on my phone. But sadly it's buried by a whole bunch of **** so it'd take days to find it lol
Bro the Unity set with the cloak would be bad as ****
That, the Valkyrie set, the Dragon set in Ragnarok, really all sets he'd look sick. But I think he'd look ******* raw if we could just have him shirtless with the cloak.
Thing is that’s via bear form specifically not his base
Imo he needs that noted specifically
He does tag Odin a few times. Along with a few others. He should be Tier 2 in base, and scales higher in bear and wolf forms.

I think so as well.
Faye might be stronger as she fought a drunk, likely bloodlusted Thor to a Stalemate, but Freya's got hax
Faye was the one who was bloodlusted. Not Thor.

Thor's fighting against Faye was described as "drunk and sloppy" by one of the ghosts.

Whereas Faye was described as absolutely furious, and "fought with exacting precision".

So Faye fought with bloodlust and perfect technique and all she managed was a stalemate against a "drunk and sloppy" Thor. In fact Thor was so drunk he barely remembers the fight other than the image of frozen lightning. Like Mimir said, he was always frustrated that he could never find Faye for a fight so he doesn't even recall fighting her specifically.

Considering the Lore and Legends book said Faye avoided confronting Thor, she may have saw this as her one opportunity to try to take him out and when it didn't happen, she reverted back to her guerrilla warfare tactics against the aesir.

Well one SSM dev defeated the entire game using Kratos. I can link it if you like, but good luck getting this under the crossover rules. Though it'd be 36x 2-C at best.

I wanted to ask a question.

If Polygon Man caused the complex unification of 36 universes, one of which was the D.M.C. verse (with a 1-C cosmology here), why is he just 2-C?

Link that to me, please?
Sure...

https://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/08/polygon-man-playstation-all-stars-final-boss

" Yet, citing the famous Michael ad (seen below), Kendall admits that “all of these characters live inside this shared space,” later noting that “we thought it would be really cool if we, as opposed to trying really hard to create this fiction and explain why Kratos and Sackboy are in the same world together, just sort of casually acknowledge the fact that this world is living inside of your PlayStation.”

It’s that very notion – the world living inside of your PlayStation – that influenced the team to put Polygon Man in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale as the final boss.

“When we were thinking about a boss for PlayStation All-Stars, we asked ourselves ‘what was the ultimate manifestation of PlayStation?’ And for us, it was Polygon Man. If you could look at some of the original material that Polygon Man appeared in, he makes these crazy statements, these sort of almost nonsensical statements, like ‘power is an illusion’, ‘absolute power is a seamless illusion’. These really weird, grandiose statements. He doesn’t really come off as a bad guy, but he comes off as kind of this representative of power, the power and potential and what PlayStation represents. So we thought it would be really cool if at the center of this shared universe all of these PlayStation characters inhabit was Polygon Man, waiting as the ultimate challenge for this world.”

Kendall went on. “If you look at the rivalry cutscene, it takes place in this kind of blue polygonal space. That, for us, is kind of the PlayStation universe at its base. You’ll see the XMB power waves flying in the background, you’ll see the PlayStation shapes flying around in the background. That’s kind of like the PlayStation landscape stripped bare to its essence… You see that space transition into the purple Polygon Man colors, and for us, Polygon Man is made of the same stuff, I guess, as the essence of the PlayStation universe.”
"

So Polygon Man was literally manipulating the PS3's XMB Menu Bar which houses all the game worlds. That's the world the game and his final stage takes place in, the PS3 menu bar.

I wanted to ask a question.

If Polygon Man caused the complex unification of 36 universes, one of which was the D.M.C. verse (with a 1-C cosmology here), why is he just 2-C?
He didn't unify the mainline DMC verse, but the Donteverse.

I have one question, if you guys don't mind

Currently Yggdrasil is accepted as a Low 1-C structure

If Thor is accepted as being able to shook it so hard to the point of splintering it, why isn't he Low 1-C ? Wouldn't that make him scale directly to the tree ? Even if it's just possibly ?
Tree's getting negged to 2-C

And the splintering is a lot more severe than anyone could've ever anticipated. Yggdrasil is peak fodder now.

Tree's getting negged to 2-C

And the splintering is a lot more severe than anyone could've ever anticipated. Yggdrasil is peak fodder now.
Is it due to the fact that the timelines are not in Yggdrasil but rather in the Fate of the world, which encompasses Yggdrasil itself?

Is it due to the fact that the timelines are not in Yggdrasil but rather in the Fate of the world, which encompasses Yggdrasil itself?
No, not quite. The "infinite future possibilities and realities" don't exist at all, and neither does fate (At least, in the Norse Pantheon), the Norns manipulating Fate is pure BS, they just have insanely good Precog and Intuition.

No, not quite. The "infinite future possibilities and realities" don't exist at all, and neither does fate (At least, in the Norse Pantheon), the Norns manipulating Fate is pure BS, they just have insanely good Precog and Intuition.
If we are going to treat the quote from Fate not existing as something literal, the quote about transcending space-time should be nuked then, since it is talking about how the strands of fate and its tapestry of life shapes the life force of Yggdrasil.

If we are going to treat the quote from Fate not existing as something literal, the quote about transcending space-time should be nuked then, since it is talking about how the strands of fate and its tapestry of life shapes the life force of Yggdrasil.
Eh, no. The tree itself is stated to support all of Creation, it is only stated that the Tree is bound to the "Fate of the World", not that Fate encompasses the tree. If anything, it supporting creation would imply it encompasses "Fate" instead. The strands also refer to the tree's branches, not Fate.

Also you got it the other way around, the energy of Yggdrasil shapes the tapestry of life and that its life energy is interwoven into said tapestry, but that the Cycles of Birth, Growth, Death and Rebirth are still sustained alongside all of Creation by Yggdrasil, and that all of them eventually return to the tree.

Though Laufey defied her Giant kin to bring in Kratos and change Ragnarok's Fate completely. And Kratos is known as the Destroyer of Fate itself. So who knows.

Last edited:
Can odin also gets illusion creation? Tyr (odin) said he dosen't know what's real. And tyr could be just an illusion because when odin transformes back to his true form he just disappears.

Isn't Shapeshifting generally left for stuff like transforming into other life-forms?
Well it says for limited shapeshifting it’s transformation. Also on the page for possible use:

Allows the user to completely transform their body, changing its shape, structure and material . For example, the user can turn into a creature of sand or stone.

Well it says for limited shapeshifting it’s transformation. Also on the page for possible use:

Allows the user to completely transform their body, changing its shape, structure and material . For example, the user can turn into a creature of sand or stone.
Hmmmmmmm.

Well, Surtr doesn't change into anyone else or any other animal so to speak of. So Transformation it is.

So apparently Kratos can now use Mimir in combat, similar to Helios, by having him fire eye beams made of Bifröst.

Since Gjallarhorn, which sound can travel across all time and space, its power up by Bifröst, could this count as possible Immensurable Attack Speed?

So apparently Kratos can now use Mimir in combat, similar to Helios, by having him fire eye beams made of Bifröst.

Ye.

Since Gjallarhorn, which sound can travel across all time and space, its power up by Bifröst, could this count as possible Immensurable Attack Speed?
Gjallarhorn isn't exactly used to attack per se, despite being able to do that (Travel across space and time), so, I'm afraid not. Maybe as a non-combat applicable stuff, because it's a one-time use only. Not sure about Mimir, but nobody really reacts to that attack so eh.

Last edited:
Addressing this, there's a massive difference in the contexts of both situations;

With the Well or Urd, a claim is made that it contains infinite timelines within itself. Thing is;

- We do not get a mention of the timelines from either the Norns or the people that visit them and the Norns themselves deny the existence of some overarching force of fate that they curate. In fact, the power to create alternate timelines, change time and control fate in the same manner as the Sisters of Fate did is outright stated to not exist in the Norse Word.

- The well itself has no special properties that would somehow imply it contains infinite iterations of reality inside itself. We get no glimpse of them nor a lore entry mentioning them at all.

The Yggdrasil is stated in-game to support all of creation upon it and transcend time and space. The cosmos are but a small part of it and so not only would a statement of it having infinitely long branches have far more of a basis to be legitimate but this doesn't have the same soft contradictions as the Well of Urd.
If there are some official explanation about that, then we can use that, no need to be stated in game. I dont know what the special properties that can make well of fate can contains it, in fact thats just your guys intepretation that well of fate not contain that, the official statement stated otherwise

There are no contradiction about endless timelines in game
That's just precog at best.
Thats not what i mean, yeah that just precog but even if that just precog thats not have nothing to do with endless timelines
It's still secondary canon, any immediate contradiction favoring the primary canon AKA the games.
Where the contradiction?? If they not mention it in game it contradiction if they mention it officialy in other way?
Precog is all them, not from the well.
Still not what i mean
No in-game statements in GOW1 or Chains that say the same about the Underworld. Try not to dwell on it too much.
I dont even talking about GoW 1 here, i talking about infinite size branches of yggdrasil
I don't think you understand what "secondary canon" means buddy.
I understand bro. Just read again, what i mean is if there are no explanation about that in first canon, but they explain it officialy in other way (secondary canon) we can use it

If there are some official explanation about that, then we can use that, no need to be stated in game. I dont know what the special properties that can make well of fate can contains its, in fact thats just your guys intepretation that well of fate not contain that, the official statement stated otherwise

There are no contradiction about endless timelines in game
The lake not being anything special whereas in the card game it's noted to be a literal mirror to view said possibilities alone is contradiction enough to defy this statement.

Thats not what i mean, yeah that just precog but even if that just precog thats not have nothing to do with endless timelines

Where the contradiction?? If they not mention it in game it contradiction if they mention it officialy in other way?
The contradiction that the Norns use the Well to see said possibilities. This is blatantly contradicted by them just using their own precognitive powers and then ******* around with those who seek them so that the visitors leave angry and pissed.

Still not what i mean
Thing is, they don't use the Well to view out the endless combinations that would play out, if anything they just stick to that one true narrative just by seeing people's futures and their bad life decisions.

I dont even talking about GoW 1 here, i talking about infinite size branches of yggdrasil
The premise is the same tho.

I understand bro. Just read again, what i mean is if there are no explanation about that in first canon, but they explain it officialy in other way (secondary canon) we can use it
No, there must be an explanation in the secondary canon that does not contradict with the primary canon in any way, shape or form.

Case in point, Underworld's size being infinite. Never contradicted, actual in-game interviews (Which are primary canon because this is literally one of the bonus interviews within the game), the bonus disc (Primary canon, comes with the game itself, calls the Underworld a chasm of immeasurable magnitude, on its own this would mean nothing but combined with Cecil Kim in the Bonus Video within the main game disc as an unlockable where he states the Underworld having an infinite distance out in the horizon, it effectively solidifies the realm's size for good), guidebooks (Secondary canon but repeats the same exact words of the primary canon and even includes the primary canon unfinished concept art that the team used for the Final Underworld levels anyway) and WoG (Cory Barlog) further cementing their legitimacy and even explaining why the Underworld is infinite (Another WoG, Stig Asmussen of GOW3, also stating that the word of concept artists in GOW hold great weight as they alone are responsible for most of the ideas that make up the game putting them up with the narrative directors, main directors and whatnot). Then there's Temple of Helios which state the same thing about the Underworld's size thrice in a row but you can still do without those and go with the GOW1 materials and Cory's word alone.

Gjallarhorn isn't exactly used to attack per se, despite being able to do that, so, I'm afraid not.
I mean that doesn't necessarely disprove that Bifröst's energies can travel across time, and we don't have just this instance.

Heimdall use Bifröst (or at least i think) to time slow Kratos in his fight, urther proof that Bifröst's energy can affect time.

Kratos's Realm Shift also work by using Light of Alfheim, the same light that's use to make Bifröst.

The same light that teleported Kratos in another place back in GoW 2018, and when he returned back 2-3 days has passed in Alfheim instead of just a few minutes.

Back