• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

And DT did state you can have a hypertimeline and still be Tier 2, as far as the DB thread on this topic went with this comment.
Well, of course. That said, the main issue here is proving that the Nine Realms are their own timelines within the Yggdrasil's very much present timeline.

Personally, if we can't reliably prove it then I'm good with Low 2-C. Not as though that isn't already a very high tier.

Also, the Greek World is 2-C but does anyone like scale to it fully come to think of it? I know the top powers of the Greek pantheon would be superior to Morpheus' merging feat and scale to 2 timelines but I'm not sure if there's anyone that's shown to be able to destroy everything in one blow.

Well, of course. That said, the main issue here is proving that the Nine Realms are their own timelines within the Yggdrasil's very much present timeline.

Personally, if we can't reliably prove it then I'm good with Low 2-C. Not as though that isn't already a very high tier.
I think they are very much their own space-time continuums. The word "Timeline" on its own doesn't mean much anymore apparently. And Yggdrasil is still hinted and stated to show superiority to those realms just by the virtue of looking at their cycles of life, death and rebirth as more or less insignificant to it in the long run, so by that logic alone we know its "timeline" is much higher than the other realms, and affecting Yggdrasil causes chaos for everything else in that regard. So eh.

Also, the Greek World is 2-C but does anyone like scale to it fully come to think of it? I know the top powers of the Greek pantheon would be superior to Morpheus' merging feat and scale to 2 timelines but I'm not sure if there's anyone that's shown to be able to destroy everything in one blow.
Atlas. He holds up the entire Greek World, and withstands its might crushing him down, threatened to destroy the World Pillar (The Pillar that did Atlas's job before him) with Helios's Power, and then, thanks to Persephone's bullshit, survives her death explosion that blows up the pillar anyway and leaves him stuck forever to hold up the Pantheon. He is nowhere near his prime anymore because of Hades. Everyone scales way above him because this is his weakened no-soul self that Hades has as part of himself now. This part is uncontestable at this point.

Last edited:
Atlas. He holds up the entire Greek World, and withstands its might crushing him down. He is nowhere near his prime anymore becayse if Gades. Everyone scales way above him. This part is uncontestable at this point.
Lol just you wait till people try to argue atlas feat is useless.

Atlas. He holds up the entire Greek World, and withstands its might crushing him down, threatened to destroy the World Pillar (The Pillar that did Atlas's job before him) with Helios's Power, and then, thanks to Persephone's bullshit, survives her death explosion that blows up the pillar anyway and leaves him stuck forever to hold up the Pantheon. He is nowhere near his prime anymore because of Hades. Everyone scales way above him because this is his weakened no-soul self that Hades has as part of himself now. This part is uncontestable at this point.
Also, difference between him and the World Pillar is that the World Pillar is inanimate, and only has its LS and durability to keep up the Greek Pantheon. Atlas is a living, breathing Titan who is pushing up the Pantheon as well. The whole notion of LS =/= AP falls apart once you start dealing with objects within the cosmic range, not only do you have to survive the damn thing crushing you, you also need to push it back up with god knows how much force to make sure it doesn't fall on you the way it normally would.

And of course, Persephone with her death boom blew up the World Pillar and Atlas was unaffected by it, and so was Kratos with the Gauntlet of Zeus, who was even closer (But explosions at that level don't mean much at a distance). Atlas with Helios's power added on top of him was already doing severe damage to the pillar, yet Atlas managed to stomp full-power Helios, who would be automatically stronger than Persephone by virtue of being an Olympian, and the fact that Atlas survived the explosion while no longer having Helios in his hands with him speaks volumes. Though I do wonder, if Atlas could already survive the explosion with absolutely no problem, what was the point of kidnapping Helios to begin with if they're both so much superior to the Pillar?

Also, difference between him and the World Pillar is that the World Pillar is inanimate, and only has its LS and durability to keep up the Greek Pantheon. Atlas is a living, breathing Titan who is pushing up the Pantheon as well. The whole notion of LS =/= AP falls apart once you start dealing with objects within the cosmic range, not only do you have to survive the damn thing crushing you, you also need to push it back up with god knows how much force to make sure it doesn't fall on you the way it normally would.

And of course, Persephone with her death boom blew up the World Pillar and Atlas was unaffected by it, and so was Kratos with the Gauntlet of Zeus, who was even closer (But explosions at that level don't mean much at a distance). Atlas with Helios's power added on top of him was already doing severe damage to the pillar, yet Atlas managed to stomp full-power Helios, who would be automatically stronger than Persephone by virtue of being an Olympian, and the fact that Atlas survived the explosion while no longer having Helios in his hands with him speaks volumes. Though I do wonder, if Atlas could already survive the explosion with absolutely no problem, what was the point of kidnapping Helios to begin with if they're both so much superior to the Pillar?
The weight of the heavens has also fallen on atlas. He didn't just pick up infinite weight, infinite weight has fallen on top of him.

The weight of the heavens has also fallen on atlas. He didn't just pick up infinite weight, infinite weight has fallen on top of him.
Technically speaking the Pillar gets blown up after Atlas drops Helios, but yeah even before the pillar is fully blown up he's chained up to the Pantheon to lift it for eternity while Kratos beats the ever living crap out of Persephone.

Technically speaking the Pillar gets blown up after Atlas drops Helios, but yeah even before the pillar is fully blown up he's chained up to the Pantheon to lift it for eternity while Kratos beats the ever living crap out of Persephone.
Forgot about that, sorry

While space-times and timelines are physically similar and often times used exchangaebly.
They aren't the same case here.
Timelines are different kinds of possibilities manifested physically. They are exact same universe but with a different make up. For example if my mother gave birth to me as boy but in different universe I was born as girl to same family. Or like eating burger in one but pizza in another. Time paradox or different choices produce different timeline, same universe but different circumstances.

That's not the case here with universes which are inherently different in first place and happen to be different space times. I.e the U1-U12/18 inside a single timeline in DB or Our Norse Nine Realms upon Yggdrasil.
Any time paradoxes that will happen will happen upon overarching timeline or the hypertimeline as we like to call it.

And DT did state you can have a hypertimeline and still be Tier 2, as far as the DB thread on this topic went with this comment.
Remember this Planck? You were responsible for this lmfao. You ,me and Greenshifter.

But nostalgia aside what DT said applies here perfectly.

Greek and Norse Mythology is too tame for my taste

Hindu and Buddhist Mythology is where the REAL upgrades is at
It also brings butt load of controversy for Sony.

Forgot about that, sorry
What makes this feat even more impressive is that Atlas is essentially not at full power here anymore, he got his soul ripped out by Hades in The Great War, and he still managed to blitz and stomp Helios.

Not sure, for the most part, dimensional travel is its core mechanic but now it's shown to damage stuff. So uh...
Yeah maybe like, energy manipulation? No idea what it is
Thor regenerates but it leaves behind a scar. Otherwise he heals from multiple spear wounds directly in the middle of the chest.
Isn’t it just a gaping wound?
But yeah the spear thing is good, he’s also stabbed through the breast by the BOC and is fine, as well as a stab through the hand
The email address is very much real, but I haven't gotten a response myself yet.

Though I wouldn't personally use it without secondary stuff supporting it.
Agreed

Prolly the same tier as characters like Sigrun or Freya. He’d also need the Lost Unity Set as optional equipment, same for the Unity Stone
Unity Stone would've been Standard Equipment. He was obsessed with other cultures, we even see him vibing in Vanaheim and Niflheim with Tai Chi. Martial Arts too I suppose.

I swear if we get even inkling of 1B evidence or some "psuedo science transinfinite" stuff as Obi calls it, I will troll him to no end.
Somewhere down the line we'll get something like "all pantheons and the worlds therein exist simultaneously, displaced across spatial dimensions beyond the up-down, left-right and forward-backwards you know" and we'll have the honour of making a Tier 1 Kratos upgrade with all the shitstorm that entails.

Got nuked hard by Ragnarok. Well of Urd is just a random-ass lake in Midgard. The Norns can't control fate or time, Fate doesn't even exist there, it's only they have good deduction skills and incredibly good precog.
No, its not random lake, its mystical lake with mystical water. The norn cant control fate, but thats not mean there are no fate in norse

No, its not random lake, its mystical lake with mystical water. The norn cant control fate, but thats not mean there are no fate in norse
Fate does exist but that doesn't really matter. The Well of Urd very much doesn't contain infinite timelines within the game.

The realm tears are literally called to be actual holes in the fabric of reality itself. Without this fabric, the realms don't exist, period. Even Freya told Atreus of the shitstorm he brought everyone in with Garm threatening to literally eat the fabric of the realms. The guidebooks don't state their threat to be because of those foes.

That isn't remotely comparable to what we have here. One is conquering, another is wiping a realm out of existence.
How are you so sure that the holes in reality are gonna physically destroy the realms though? That's an assumption on your part. The game doesn't imply anything like that. As I said, the realms being "threatened" could simply mean the danger of them being conquered by the forces coming out of the realm tears.

Also, the holes between realms which Garm creates isn't what will physically destroy the realms. The fact that Garm will chew through the fabric of the realms is what will physically destroy them. This again proves that realm tears don't really destroy reality.

Cory Barlog also described the realms as "parallel dimensions occupying the same space". Freya and the novel say the same thing as well. I simply see the realms being alt. dimensions as more plausible than them being separate universes.

Only for Hindu, Buddhist are going to be fine
But you know i think if they ever going with Hinduism Myth, they can just take an inspiration from Fate Series on how they handled it without sparked out major controversy
GoW stories and Fate stories work far differently, both of their USPs are different.
GoW cannot take same approach if it is to remain unique.

Since the ending in GoW R is too "open" for some people, so i expect there will be another series. We will see if we will get novel, DLC, comics, or even new games.

Hindu Myth will be the most controversial IMHO
Easily. Hinduism has like 1.4 billion followers. Even Asura's Wrath went soft on its influences from Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism and Buddhism. But as we know, GoW generally tends to dwelve deep into the epics. So I think S.M.S. will stay away from them.

Hindu epics have some of the most O.P. Gods and Demons of all time though. Not only the top tier Gods (Brahma/the Generator, Maha Vishnu/the Operator, and Sada Shiva/the Destroyer i.e. G.O.D.) are described as abstract concepts which govern reality, but they also have insane cosmic feats (some of them even involving creating/destroying a 2-A multiverse and transcending 12 mathematical dimensions).

Back