• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

That's the best part. Egyptian myths are filled to the brim of hax shit, is insane. Just look at Ra, who passively maintains: Passage of time, life through his light, the seasons, space itself, souls themselves when traveling Duat at night, Law and Chaos, and potentially the void

Then you have an abundance of soulhax: Splitting, absorption, fate (Osiris' trial), transmutation (souls are turned into stars), straight destruction and EE

While also having copious amounts of conceptual manipulation through names
does Egyptian myth has cosmology that involve higher-dimension or involve some mathematical dimension ?

we know that there are egyptian math and geography

How are you so sure that the holes in reality are gonna physically destroy the realms though? That's an assumption on your part. The game doesn't imply anything like that.
The mere fact that these tears shouldn't exist to begin with because of their volatile nature of being a literal tear in the fabric of reality that expands more and more and then spirals out of control, is more than enough proof to justify the assumption. Also, how will these forces threaten a land like Niflheim to begin with where there is nothing to conquer but endless poison mist?

As I said, the realms being "threatened" could simply mean the danger of them being conquered by the forces coming out of the realm tears.
And as I already said, this is not how Realm Tears function.

Cory Barlog also described the realms as "parallel dimensions occupying the same space". Freya and the novel say the same thing as well. I simply see the realms being alt. dimensions as more plausible than them being separate universes.
That "physical space" is Yggdrasil, a construct that exists and is treated as higher than said realms, even treating the cycle that the realms abide by as nothing more than meaningless, as they would all still have to return to Yggdrasil nonetheless. The blog already goes through this in detail.

No, its not random lake, its mystical lake with mystical water. The norn cant control fate, but thats not mean there are no fate in norse
There is no Fate in Norse tho. The Norns very explicitly state that. Fate so far only existed in Greek and that went to shit after Kratos killed the Sisters.

The Well itself is not remotely mystical enough to the point where an endless number of alternate timelines exist. Heck, no Codex entry for it exists either.

Wow based from this dialog Freya can Easily revive giant corpse if she want to. Why she does not want to revive baldur ?
I don't think she can truly revive people, when she revived the giant at the end of the last game she was only reanimating and controlling it's corpse instead of fully resurrecting him. It's basically necromancy, Baldur would probably just be a zombie if she tried bringing him back.

I don't think she can truly revive people, when she revived the giant at the end of the last game she was only reanimating and controlling it's corpse instead of fully resurrecting him. It's basically necromancy, Baldur would probably just be a zombie if she tried bringing him back.
She managed to do Mimir somewhat sensibly because he received no apparent brain damage and the damage was recent. Thamur was far too gone.

well actually as long you have 4 souls part (form, mind, direction, luck) you can revive and restore death person completely

Unity Stone would've been Standard Equipment. He was obsessed with other cultures, we even see him vibing in Vanaheim and Niflheim with Tai Chi. Martial Arts too I suppose.
Ah makes sense then, that would be part of his equipment section then
Does garmr have resistance to luck and mind manipulation?
hmm what makes you say that
What is direction supposed to be in this context?
perhaps fate or something?
She managed to do Mimir somewhat sensibly because he received no apparent brain damage and the damage was recent. Thamur was far too gone.
even then Mimir is only a fraction of his former capabilities, he says as such in 2018
There is no Fate in Norse tho. The Norns very explicitly state that. Fate so far only existed in Greek and that went to shit after Kratos killed the Sisters.
Fate Resistance for the Norse
The Well itself is not remotely mystical enough to the point where an endless number of alternate timelines exist. Heck, no Codex entry for it exists either.
Yep it’s whack and we should feel
Bad. 2-C is a way better tier anyway
Since the ending in GoW R is too "open" for some people, so i expect there will be another series. We will see if we will get novel, DLC, comics, or even new games.
I’d like a DLC or two, something to tide us over since there’s tons left to finish up
Somewhere down the line we'll get something like "all pantheons and the worlds therein exist simultaneously, displaced across spatial dimensions beyond the up-down, left-right and forward-backwards you know" and we'll have the honour of making a Tier 1 Kratos upgrade with all the shitstorm that entails.
You say this but imagine them saying some shit like “oh yeah all the pantheons share the same planet lmao”

btw i swear there are video on youtube about atreus asking mimir if he can revive brok. I can't find that video now

I’d like a DLC or two, something to tide us over since there’s tons left to finish up
DLC? Pathetic. Expected better from you. I expect... an expansion or two. Or three.

You say this but imagine them saying some shit like “oh yeah all the pantheons share the same planet lmao”
Or maybe this "planet" is far bigger than people give it credit for and has its own tricks to "transport" people from place to place LMFAO, make it more meta than META.

DLC? Pathetic. Expected better from you. I expect... an expansion or two. Or three.

Or maybe this "planet" is far bigger than people give it credit for and has its own tricks to "transport" people from place to place LMFAO, make it more meta than META.
fun fact ALL GOW Norse Writer don't like using words dimension, and planet since those are too sci-fi

Except for the card game Ragnarok was never stated to be the end of all creation. Mimir said in GoW 2018 that Surtr only destroys Asgard, and that's what he did in Ragnarok. The mural which says "death and rebirth of the universe" could also be referring to just Asgard.
To address this minor point, Atreus asks Mimir in Ragnarok why does Groa's original mural say Ragnarok will bring destruction to all the nine realms but her true mural says it will only destroy Asgard and Mimir gives him a whole speel about truth and the importance of small details. Point is according to Atreus reading the murals in 2018, Ragnarok was gonna bring the destruction of everything and iirc Mimir says "the end of the bloody world" in 2018 when referring to Ragnarok after meeting up with him when coming out of Jotunheim.

Ratatoskr literally said the whole yggdrasil would be destroyed if kratos wasn't there lol

And in the board game it is said surtr will destroy "all of existence"

god-of-war-ragnarok-how-to-beat-frost-phantoms-1.900x.jpg

**** up
Tbh that’s granted, idk about the “own tricks” thing but it’s astronomical considering Greece’s own size

finally, i have been waiting this. Let see if we can find some enemies with good hax

Let’s go
Ratatoskr literally said the whole yggdrasil would be destroyed if kratos wasn't there lol

And in the board game it is said surtr will destroy "all of existence"
tbh does Ratatoskr know the true prophecy is Asgard specifically falls and not all of reality
To address this minor point, Atreus asks Mimir in Ragnarok why does Groa's original mural say Ragnarok will bring destruction to all the nine realms but her true mural says it will only destroy Asgard and Mimir gives him a whole speel about truth and the importance of small details. Point is according to Atreus reading the murals in 2018, Ragnarok was gonna bring the destruction of everything and iirc Mimir says "the end of the bloody world" in 2018 when referring to Ragnarok after meeting up with him when coming out of Jotunheim.
wasn’t it also Groa lied
He doesn't have a soul
hmm perhaps

**** up

Tbh that’s granted, idk about the “own tricks” thing but it’s astronomical considering Greece’s own size

Let’s go

tbh does Ratatoskr know the true prophecy is Asgard specifically falls and not all of reality
He does.

Anything to keep "originality" I guess.

Prolly, rumblings go on in the house all the time. Not hard to hear that. Though I can't blame him if he felt he really was going to die given that the entire tree shook to the core because of Surtr.

wasn’t it also Groa lied
She did, but she definitely didn't expect Kratos to be the ultimate gamechanger or for the prophecy to be accelerated by about a century.

hmm perhaps
I'm still hella confused about the whole Form, Mind, Direction and Luck thing. Especially the Direction.

How does one lose that even?

And everyone in GoW norse talking about fate and propechy? Even the norns talking about it, they talking about scirpt and they sure kratos will die follow the fate/script

What is "mystical enough"??? I never know that mystical have measure. So what kind of "mystical" that enough for contain endless timelines

And if they not give that in the game (like codex) doesnt mean it doesnt exist. The studio it self officialy create a card game for explain that, why the card game cant use??? Its not a fanmade its official. Yeah even you just can found the infinite size branches of yggdrasil in novel, the game not have explanation about that, so are we gonna says the infinite size is not exist???

Back